Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talksport season ticket update

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
So 22,500 total, less 3,000 away, less 1500 day tickets means they could sell 18,000 season tickets, including 1901?

About 5,000 left then?!

Yep. Guy who helped us buy our tickets on Thursday said they have presentations booked for at least the next couple of weeks. About 1k are being sold a week so at least another 2k will be sold. Then there are those people who have registered their interest in a season ticket via the club website. They haven't been offered the chance to purchase yet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Apparently they're selling about 1k a week at the moment. Straight from the horses mouth was 10,300 sold yesterday - add on the 3k 1901 and it's not far off 14k

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There was an Australian doing the presentations with Richard Hebberd. I would imagine that this figure includes the 1901?
Why do you all feel the need to separate 1901 from ST figures,... they are all ST's, just a different category,........ sheeeesh, get a grip, and stop with the pedantry,.... its 14000,...... simples.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If they have the need and demand they will sell up to 18500,... thats 22500, less 2500 away fans ( capacity of South) and the 1500 in the East that, outside of cup demand for away fans, will be the tickets handed out as comps to competition winners, sponsors, adhoc guests, and also public sale,..... thats exactly the statement we had from the operations manager responsible for the stadium at the presentation last weekend,..... I have no reason to doubt what he said.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I just wonder how much money this will make the club upfront if we sell around 15,000 s/t's or more!! and what this money will be spent on

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I just wonder how much money this will make the club upfront if we sell around 15,000 s/t's or more!! and what this money will be spent on
Rough average price £400 (taking into account lots being cheaper for kiddies and oldies and lots more expensive for 1901s). 15000 x 400 = £6,000,000

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
A good proportion will be spent on repaying Tony Bloom's loan.

Really? I would have thought that because the loan is interest free for 25 years (?) we would leave that untill we are secured in the championship, which would include buying new players which may cost some dosh, especially as Bloom has apparantly said we would have the 6th biggest budget in the championship next season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Really? I would have thought that because the loan is interest free for 25 years (?) we would leave that untill we are secured in the championship, which would include buying new players which may cost some dosh, especially as Bloom has apparantly said we would have the 6th biggest budget in the championship next season.

2023 is the date he is hoping to be paid back by. But any outstanding amount at that date he has said he may convert into shareholdings.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Haven't heard that before; source?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To repay the loan in the 25 years we are looking at roughly £3.7m a year. I would imagine we will start paying it asap as the money/demand may start to tail off once the euphoria starts to die down.

The playing budget is completely up to Tony Bloom surely and how much more he wants to top up the loan.

We don't know the terms of the loan. But what MUST be the case is that Tony Bloom has a sensible business plan that looks after both the football club's interests and his own.

The idea that NOTHING needs to be paid back for 25 years is absurd. There will be fixtures and fittings at the stadium that will need replacing long before 25 years is up. Tony Bloom's money has paid for the seats, for example. It would be ridiculous for the Club's income not to be used to pay for the first set of seats until 10 years after they have been thrown away.

There will be sensible scheduling of the debt repayments and some of the season ticket revenue will go into that pot. There'll be a playing budget as well, of course. But anybody who thinks that TB isn't expecting a penny to be repaid until 25 years are up is putting their faith in a financial model that will guarantee a major crisis long before that.

Early on in the planning process, the idea that a proportion of the costs of the stadium would be funded by the "securitisation" of season ticket revenue was central to the financial plans. It's a potentially expensive way of going about things, if finance costs are high. But if TB's money is interest-free, it makes sense for some - possibly most - of the construction costs to be covered by this source of income.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The quickest way for TB to see a return on his money is spending a season in the premier league and knowing we can at least bank the parachute payments if we don't give out silly contracts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here