Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

talk sport todaY

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Do you not agree that the publicity raised from our fans united game did its part in putting Brighton's cause in the spotlight of the media?

That's all some of our support is doing now.

Clearly it must have helped to some extent. I really don't care one way or another about Plymouth. However, I do feel strongly about there being to many professional clubs, and often in inappropriate locations for historic reasons.

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
Brighton fans fought for it. Some tossers got other teams fans involved in our fight. They were not welcome by everyone as you must know only too well.

Who are these 'tossers' that you are referring too?. Also from what I recall a certain Robert Maxwell tried to merge Reading and Oxford in 1985 and look what happened there.
Yes clubs are a business, but they are also a lot more. For some towns/ cities they are the life and bread of the place they are and I for one welcomed the support we received during the dark years, even from the Crystal Palace Supporters.

Brighton fans fought for it. Some tossers got other teams fans involved in our fight. They were not welcome by everyone as you must know only too well.

No I do not "Well Know" this.

I cannot remember hearing one voice against the help from Fans United, until now.

And quite frankly I am f***ing astonished to now.

We as Brighton fans fought the fight, mainly alone, but the Fans United day got us well needed media exposure.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Clearly it must have helped to some extent. I really don't care one way or another about Plymouth. However, I do feel strongly about there being to many professional clubs, and often in inappropriate locations for historic reasons.

So you don't care about Plymouth so no-one else should?
So you want to close all clubs not in London?

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Your ingratitude to the fans of other clubs - not to mention your re-writing of history - is astounding. You despise any sense of mutual appreciation fans of other clubs have, and would prefer enforced isolation?

Enforced isolation? WTF? I don't want to like of be liked by other teams fans - I want some atmosphere!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Nice, plenty of people rallied round us when we needed help (including CPFC), pity you're too young to either remember or understand it. Plymouth are not a new get rich quick team like some I can think of and frankly they are one of several teams I would want to stay around.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Enforced isolation? WTF? I don't want to like of be liked by other teams fans - I want some atmosphere!

So you need hostility to create atmosphere ? What you really need is therapy.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
So you don't care about Plymouth so no-one else should?
So you want to close all clubs not in London?

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

I have NOT said that. I have said that ths "chairman" guy and Liz Coster, cannot claim to speak for ALL Brighton fans. Many don't give a f*** about the issue.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I have NOT said that. I have said that ths "chairman" guy and Liz Coster, cannot claim to speak for ALL Brighton fans. Many don't give a f*** about the issue.

They're not speaking for all Brighton fans. Where did you get the notion that they are?

However, many DO give a f*** about the issue. If it's got nothing to do with you - what are you grizzling about?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And that's why we need the rep thing!
Why? Would you have given him 'negative rep' just because he's got a different opinion? I happen to think, in this instance, that he's wrong and I too want Plymouth to survive - but there are fans of all clubs who think the same as he does.

By all means argue with him, but I'm glad you can't 'punish' him just because he's got a minority opinion.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
How would you know if you haven't tried? It's ok slating the Supporter's Club on here but have you ever made the effort? One Nsc'er made the effort to go to the meeting and is now elected onto the committee. I don't think he would consider himself to be a 'crony'

I haven't tried because firstly I don't want to (I guess like pork pie and most other fans I don't need to find a cause to support other than turning up to BHA games) and secondly because it's been made perfectly clear that I wouldn't be welcome by the way the bobble hat brigade behave at games.

The only reason I can see to be a member of any supporters club is to get cheap travel to games. With the official supporters club you don't get that and most importantly they enforce the non drinking rule (yes I know it's the law!). Sitting on a coach for several hours with the cast of the golden girls and nothing drink sounds like hell on earth to me.

The Supporter's Club sent £500 to the Argyle Fans Trust in April which was money left over from the disbanded Seagulls Party. This was put towards paying backroom staff who hadn't been paid since Christmas.

Fantastic, well done them.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home

On Nsc you seem to be in a minority of one at the moment. Are there any other fans who don't care if Plymouth get liquidate?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Nice, plenty of people rallied round us when we needed help (including CPFC), pity you're too young to either remember or understand it. Plymouth are not a new get rich quick team like some I can think of and frankly they are one of several teams I would want to stay around.

Them give them a hand. But don't claim that you are doing it for "ALL" Brighton fans. Oh, and please post a list of the clubs that it is ok to get rid of. Some need to be allowed to go. Pathetic gestures like five subs instead of seven are not going to address the problem - are they?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
digging+a+hole.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

But what on earth has anything you've argued about so far got to do with atmosphere?

You are honestly the only person I've ever heard with a bad thing to say about the original Fans United game. For me it was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had at a football game. We didn't think it would amount to much, but driving down Dyke Road that day, and realising that there really were fans from all over the country descending, because they wanted to help US, was amazing. Crowds until that point had been around 4000-5000, that day it doubled, and the atmosphere was unreal. Until that point the team had been hopeless, the supporters demoralised. I believe very strongly that the feeling around the Goldstone that day galvanised the team- look at the result!- and it also was the first real sign that all was not lost on the pitch. From that point onwards, people started to have a bit of hope, a bit of belief, fans and players. Our home record after that was brilliant, and when you consider that we stayed up that season on goals scored (two more than Hereford I think?) then you could argue that Fans United was the turning point of our season.

What would have happened to us if we'd ended up playing Conference football, at Gillingham?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well why don't they join & change it then? It appears to me that some folk who say they'd like to be part of it are just looking for an excuse not to really get involved, quite honestly. :shrug:

As I said in my other post I don't want to. It doesn't bother me personally in the slightest. Just think it's a bit of shame for other that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here