Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

talk sport todaY

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What at the Goldstone or Withdean?
Overall. I'd say that as clubs Plymouth and Brighton have historically been of a similar size, with a similar level of support. We are in arguably the best period of our clubs history and they are at a very low ebb just now, but 5 years ago we were getting the 6000 crowds and they were attracting 20 000.

They are a team worth helping, and we do owe them one.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I went to Gillingham most weeks - does that make me areal fan? How many others on here can say that?
I can say that too, same for Withers, find it hard to beleive that you wouldnt care about the dissapearance of a well supported club who's dimise was caused by greedy crooks and not the loyal fans

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sounds like Mr Pie was once Blackballed by the supporters Club, or maybe Liz spurned his advances. :nono:

If he wants to cop off with someone from the supporters club all he has to do is wear a Terry Connor mask..........

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Not all fans, you're correct. But some Albion fans DO feel that way - so who are you to tell them not to do this?

If you'd have argued 15 years ago what you are saying now - you would be arguing for Brighton & Hove Albion's deserved destruction.

We should all be grateful we survived. But it had little to do with anyone from other clubs.

I understand that we all have a special bond with "our club". In the short term there would no doubt be a lot of heartache. However, all this love-in with other clubs' fans to save them is pathetic. Can England really sustain all of the professional football teams we have? Who among the Supporters Club and NSC cliques will decide which clubs should be allowed to go?

Football clubs are businesses at the end of the day. When the financial climate is harsh, businesses often have to merge to survive, other do not survive at all. Why should football clubs be any different?

If my ideas are daft, what ideas do you have for the Football League to survive in its current format? Something needs to be done!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I can say that too, same for Withers, find it hard to beleive that you wouldnt care about the dissapearance of a well supported club who's dimise was caused by greedy crooks and not the loyal fans

Look, I do care, but it is not my problem, and there are just too many clubs at the moment. Some need to go, or everything is likely to implode.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Anybody can join them for 5 quid a year though. With respect, it ain't difficult is it?!

Don't want to speak on Giraffe's behalf but I'm pretty sure the ease of joining the supporters club wasn't his point. It's the fact that many supporters feel that it's a closed shop for Auntie Liz and her chums.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Don't want to speak on Giraffe's behalf but I'm pretty sure the ease of joining the supporters club wasn't his point. It's the fact that many supporters feel that it's a closed shop for Auntie Liz and her chums.

It is their whole image that is a problem. Frankly, it is pathetic.

Overall. I'd say that as clubs Plymouth and Brighton have historically been of a similar size, with a similar level of support. We are in arguably the best period of our clubs history and they are at a very low ebb just now, but 5 years ago we were getting the 6000 crowds and they were attracting 20 000.

They are a team worth helping, and we do owe them one.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::moo::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
We should all be grateful we survived. But it had little to do with anyone from other clubs.

I understand that we all have a special bond with "our club". In the short term there would no doubt be a lot of heartache. However, all this love-in with other clubs' fans to save them is pathetic. Can England really sustain all of the professional football teams we have? Who among the Supporters Club and NSC cliques will decide which clubs should be allowed to go?

Football clubs are businesses at the end of the day. When the financial climate is harsh, businesses often have to merge to survive, other do not survive at all. Why should football clubs be any different?

If my ideas are daft, what ideas do you have for the Football League to survive in its current format? Something needs to be done!

Oh, oh, oh. I'm part of a clique. I'm thrilled an honoured. Anyone know who's in this clique with me?

Football can sustain 92 clubs. It did during the eighties, and times were much worse then. I suppose you'll only be happy when there is only Brighton left in the league. We're here partly because of the help from Argyle. We're returning the favour.

You don't have to, but there is no need to be a plum about it.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Do you not agree that the publicity raised from our fans united game did its part in putting Brighton's cause in the spotlight of the media?

That's all some of our support is doing now.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home

How would you know if you haven't tried? It's ok slating the Supporter's Club on here but have you ever made the effort? One Nsc'er made the effort to go to the meeting and is now elected onto the committee. I don't think he would consider himself to be a 'crony'
The Supporter's Club sent £500 to the Argyle Fans Trust in April which was money left over from the disbanded Seagulls Party. This was put towards paying backroom staff who hadn't been paid since Christmas.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
The supporters club should be the leading force not following others. Wrong thread wrong time, but I've been saying for ages the supporters club needs to modernise, welcome new members or die. I get the distinct impression from a few of their members that they would rather it died than actively recruited new members!

not at all correct we are looking for new members and will be pleased if giraffe and anyone else joins to help us move forward. its easy to sit on the outside and criticise why not join and help

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Your ingratitude to the fans of other clubs - not to mention your re-writing of history - is astounding. You despise any sense of mutual appreciation fans of other clubs have, and would prefer enforced isolation?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Well why don't they join & change it then? It appears to me that some folk who say they'd like to be part of it are just looking for an excuse not to really get involved, quite honestly. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here