Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

talk sport todaY

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The supporters club should be the leading force not following others. Wrong thread wrong time, but I've been saying for ages the supporters club needs to modernise, welcome new members or die. I get the distinct impression from a few of their members that they would rather it died than actively recruited new members!

Anybody can join them for 5 quid a year though. With respect, it ain't difficult is it?!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
And that's why we need the rep thing!

Why? So that anyone with their own opinion can be bullied? You can support Plymouth, so can others, as is your right, but it is not true that ALL Brighton fans feel that way. I know many who were pissed-off by "fans united" and allowing other teams fans into the North Stand. Some Exeter fans at the one at Priestfield decided to move from my friends and I when they realised not everyone wanted them there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
liz was contacted by talksport directly at short notice and of course the credit is all down to Nsc for organising this, many members of the supporters club are also members of nsc and we are all fully behind Argyle in their fight, and will help in any way we can as part of the family that is albion supporters

I'm with you :thumbsup:

it was a good interview IMO - plenty of time and opportunities to get other ideas out there without trying to explain it all at once. Tell people why we want to help so they understand that it is genuine and they will join us at Home Park. To that extent the Leeds display doesn't involve anyone else (particularly as Leeds fans seem to share Pork Pie's attitude).

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The supporters club should be the leading force not following others. Wrong thread wrong time, but I've been saying for ages the supporters club needs to modernise, welcome new members or die. I get the distinct impression from a few of their members that they would rather it died than actively recruited new members!

The Supporters Club still lives in the non-league standard Dick Knight era. It used to be good in the 70s and 80s but has been overrun by cronies.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I do agree, but they are hardly a well supported club are they? It would be far better for the likes of them and Exeter to merge into one larger club, to provide the SW with high quality football. Locals cannot even pop up to London to see Premiership or even good Championship football (so they all support Manure! lol).
Similar to ours I would think.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It's a bloody good job thousands of supporters didn't think like you in the past - otherwise you/we wouldn't have a f***ing club to support now!

Well, if there were fewer clubs we may not have ended up with Archer in those days. I feel sorry for the likes of Maidstone United, nobody helped them. But is there really a need for another team so close to Gillingham? They are hardly blessed with lock-outs are they?

a few other supporters clubs have sprung up this season! very healthy me thinks!:moo:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I'd rather clubs folded due to dwindling local support rather than money-grabbing & asset-stripping chairman driving them out of business.

This, Sorry Porkpie perhaps your just a WUM but to a real fan what your saying is mad, remember it could have qiute easily have been us, maybe you should stick to watching Man U on tv

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Talk for yourself, and the others who insist on love-ins with other club's fans. Not ALL Albion fans feel like that. There are too many professional football teams in this country, we need to let some fade away.

Not all fans, you're correct. But some Albion fans DO feel that way - so who are you to tell them not to do this?

If you'd have argued 15 years ago what you are saying now - you would be arguing for Brighton & Hove Albion's deserved destruction.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sounds like Mr Pie was once Blackballed by the supporters Club, or maybe Liz spurned his advances. :nono:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why? So that anyone with their own opinion can be bullied? You can support Plymouth, so can others, as is your right, but it is not true that ALL Brighton fans feel that way. I know many who were pissed-off by "fans united" and allowing other teams fans into the North Stand. Some Exeter fans at the one at Priestfield decided to move from my friends and I when they realised not everyone wanted them there.

You are fishing, right?

No-one who purports to be a football supporter, least of all one who supported the Albion when we were in such desperate need, could possibly be so crass

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why did we use Priestfield and not just merge with them simple because we are Brighton and Hove Albion a team in our own right. Do you not think that PAFC and Exeter feel the same. So do we then merge all the London clubs to make a London team or the Bristols or Nottinghams or even ,Manchester or Birmingham such a riduclous suggestion it is unbelievevable that somebody should suggest it.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well, if there were fewer clubs we may not have ended up with Archer in those days. I feel sorry for the likes of Maidstone United, nobody helped them. But is there really a need for another team so close to Gillingham? They are hardly blessed with lock-outs are they?

You're asking the wrong person really - although I can imagine what every Maidstone supporter would say to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here