Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex uni union opposes falmer

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I remember in about 2000 working with a student who had just left Sussex, and the NUS opposed the stadium then. This was long before such buzzwords as 'carbon footprint' - then in their polite, middle-class way they were simply worried about hoards of pissed-up football fans rampaging through their hallowed academic corridors in the manner of barbarians sacking ancient Rome.

I'm with tinx though. Just let them try and stop the bulldozers. Just let them try.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Screaming J said:
FIGHT!!!!!

I'd like to see a bunch of students take on some seriously pissed off and impatient Brighton fans. I am sure we could also call on some of the residents of nearby Moulsecoomb and Whitehawk to help us as well. Just think. It will be the first victory on the site of our new stadoium.

That's all talk; no student would be up in time to take on the builders. They'd appear about 2.00 and then knock off to watch Deal, No Deal.

Screaming J said:
FIGHT!!!!!

I'd like to see a bunch of students take on some seriously pissed off and impatient Brighton fans. I am sure we could also call on some of the residents of nearby Moulsecoomb and Whitehawk to help us as well. Just think. It will be the first victory on the site of our new stadoium.

It be fun watching them kicking the trash out of the noddy students in conjunction with the Police. Lets hope there is no black students there who have just had a couple of drinks.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Why does it seem that everybody in Sussex is against Falmer except the Brighton fans? Bloody ridiculous it is, don't they think you have waited long enough?

Believe me they aren't. I Live in Haywards Heath and work in Crawley. Everyone I know is for it!

The problem with Students is that they aren;t local.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
coventrygull said:
I was a Professional student basher in my youth so count me in :D

I was a student in my youth and will probably be drawing my pension by the time the bulldozers are on site but I'm in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here