Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex uni union opposes falmer

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm. We started the planning process for Falmer in, what, 1846? OK, maybe slightly later, 1999 or something. I know students have a reputation for being lazy, but surely eight years is a tad late to be making this point.

Secondly, they're moaning about the environmental impact of cars, er, this is on the university situated next to the second busiest road in Sussex, correct me if I'm wrong...

And thirdly, if they're that concerned about the environment, then presumably I won't see dozens of smoke-chuffing, rusty Peugeot 106s spluttering their way along the Lewes Road to Falmer from Studentsville/Hanover tomorrow morning then...

reuters

Feb 15, 2007
Brighton
edna krabappel said:
Hmmm. We started the planning process for Falmer in, what, 1846? OK, maybe slightly later, 1999 or something. I know students have a reputation for being lazy, but surely eight years is a tad late to be making this point.

Secondly, they're moaning about the environmental impact of cars, er, this is on the university situated next to the second busiest road in Sussex, correct me if I'm wrong...

And thirdly, if they're that concerned about the environment, then presumably I won't see dozens of smoke-chuffing, rusty Peugeot 106s spluttering their way along the Lewes Road to Falmer from Studentsville/Hanover tomorrow morning then...

i said this was a bit late.
and as my dad putd i his day students protested nuclear weapons and war now they have moved to lack of parking

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tomorrow: Sussex students pass a motion opposing the future construction of the Channel Tunnel, on the grounds that it will create more traffic around the Folkestone/Boulogne areas and result in a lot of earthworms being cut in half by diggers.

Saturday: Sussex students go on protest march demanding the USA removes its troops from Vietnam

Monday: Sussex NUS members launch an online petition calling for the Berlin Wall to come down, and ANC freedom fighter Nelson Mandela to be released from captivity on Robben Island.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does anybody really care what students think as most people are only too willing to put them down as lazy, drug taking parasites anyhow. Not that I would agree 100%

Last edited:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
A) If they're that environmentally friendly, then why don't those who have come from other parts of the country go back & study at their nearest uni? If they're THAT concerned they won't worry about what courses are on offer at their local uni. That will reduce their "carbon footprint".

B) Going on from Edna's point, considering most courses are 3 or 4 years duration, they are just like John Catt. I.E. The Falmer application is a situation they've "inherited" by choosing Sussex Uni. We were here first !!

C) As some have mentioned earlier, most will bugger off when they've graduated, so they can fcuk off!! If they stay in Brighton, they should integrate & respect democracy & the referendum or they can fcuk off!!

God I HATE "newbies" who move into MY town & try to start calling the shots.

:angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored:

Rant over.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
edna krabappel said:

Quite. Not to mention the fact that this would be the third (at least) completely different batch of would-be trades union researchers to consider the issue since the whole miserable process started.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dumb slacker student FUCKS :smokin:

Where have they been during the 26 Inquiries in the past half-century? Have they just got out of bed? They would really be taking their lives in their hands if they decided on, say, a sit-in on the site if Falmer gets the green light and LDC get seen off in the appeal courts. Could get horribly, uh, messy...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A point that should also be made to these environmentally friendly students is that their university was built in an AONB, and that by chosing it for their studies, they are encouraging it to expand onto the South Downs. Double standards or what?

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I hate those 'active' students, they give the ones who are just there for a good time a bad name. They need to get their priorities sorted :drink:

I thought unions were for people who worked ,not a bunch of unwashed layabouts who will never know a days work if comes and bites em on the arse.
smelly cvnts,
bout time a dose of tb or something equally unsavoury swept through that terrorist breeding ground,
smelly cvnts.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
turienzo's lovechild said:
seeing as a fair number of them will leave the city after uni, quite frankley, they can f*** off
damm right they should have no say in the matter and get back to there degrees which will leave them in debt and working in mcdonalds in stoke on trent

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Caveman said:
We'll just give the scruffy little tits a kicking and that will put it to rest.

Yep thats the way to sort it, i'm with you Caveman. :clap:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
seeing as a fair number of them will leave the city after uni, quite frankley, they can f*** off

and they will bunch of waxxxxs:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
reuters said:
they are threatening direct action if we start to build on the site, camping on the site to stop builders

FIGHT!!!!!

I'd like to see a bunch of students take on some seriously pissed off and impatient Brighton fans. I am sure we could also call on some of the residents of nearby Moulsecoomb and Whitehawk to help us as well. Just think. It will be the first victory on the site of our new stadoium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here