[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Durham won the toss and elected to bowl

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Haines has had a pretty forgettable season hasn't he.

It's not as good as last year but an average of just under 40 is not too shabby.

It's a strange team: no Carter (presumably injured as he scored a 50 last time out) but Alsop is a keeper too; why doesn't he play?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Haines has had a pretty forgettable season hasn't he.

A season of three parts. Started very well, injury, and then a painful struggle for form that’s ongoing. He looks like he’s trying too hard at the moment.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Looked a poor decision against Alsop - surely hit him outside off. Umpire giving in to bowler sulking about previous not out decision, which was correct as ball was missing.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Someone asked Harms about the Salisbury situation but he ducked that as if he was facing a bouncer from Jofra

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looks like Sussex are going to get the fourth day off ... and probably the third day as well.

Bet their golf handicaps are improving :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
23 wickets have so far fallen on the first day at Chelmsford. Lans currently 2-3 in their 2nd innings.

4/5!

Edit - now 7/6!

I'd just like to take this moment to give a big slow handclap to the cricket authorities in England, for their fantastic work in reducing the the County Championship to an utter joke, culminating in late September slapstick.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
4/5!

Edit - now 7/6!

I'd just like to take this moment to give a big slow handclap to the cricket authorities in England, for their fantastic work in reducing the the County Championship to an utter joke, culminating in late September slapstick.

Degrade, degrade, degrade, degrade, degrade….then say “Well this is crap. Let’s put it out of it’s misery”.
Classic.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How on earth is Ashraf a test bowler? That's one and a bit games on bowler friendly wickets and he has 1-147.

Sussex missed a trick by not getting in a batter. True, we wouldn't bowl sides out but we should be aiming to draw our games

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surrey seemingly being gifted another title, as chasers Lancashire (103a/o and 73a/o) and Hampshire (57a/o) are skittled in the autumnal conditions.

Shane Snater took 6/10 in that Lancashire second innings. Ridiculous.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surrey seemingly being gifted another title, as chasers Lancashire (103a/o and 73a/o) and Hampshire (57a/o) are skittled in the autumnal conditions.

Shane Snater took 6/10 in that Lancashire second innings. Ridiculous.

Incredibly, one George Balderson hat-trick later, and Lancashire might actually WIN that game. Essex 46/5, needing another 52...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Incredibly, one George Balderson hat-trick later, and Lancashire might actually WIN that game. Essex 46/5, needing another 52...

That's like one of those matches at the turn of the last century where sides are skittled out for 20 and 30 odd.

When I was watching the Lancashire 50-over game at Hove, I sat behind a Lanky supporter who sighed audibly when Balderson came onto bowl. He told me that Balderson was rubbish - only to see him promptly dismiss Pujara and Haines. Seems like the rubbish bowler has struck again

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's like one of those matches at the turn of the last century where sides are skittled out for 20 and 30 odd.

When I was watching the Lancashire 50-over game at Hove, I sat behind a Lanky supporter who sighed audibly when Balderson came onto bowl. He told me that Balderson was rubbish - only to see him promptly dismiss Pujara and Haines. Seems like the rubbish bowler has struck again

Essex 59a/o. Lancashire win by 38 runs (rubbish Balderson 5/14)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO53005

A total of 40 wickets in the game for 370 runs. Well done the ECB :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here