Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sadly Middlesex have avoided the follow on - that would have been fun! (although nobody ever seems to enforce a follow on these days).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lead by 199 with 2 wickets and 29 overs left. Nearly time to shake hands.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Been following on twitter. The official tweets make me cringe, no emotion whatsoever. Last time I saw was 84-6 ….more or less and the tweet said “ Next batsman in is”
Rubbish. Seriously.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bit embarrassing that we needed the two trialists to save us the match.

Maybe but It’s encouraging that they recognise the attack isn’t good enough.
Atkins, Crocombe, Hunt and Finn are never going to do it. They should all go. None of the very young bowlers look like taking wickets either, yet.
Bar today, the batting is coming together. A healthy range of young, middling and older players. I bet a few first division clubs wish they’d picked up Pujara and Alsop.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Maybe but It’s encouraging that they recognise the attack isn’t good enough.
Atkins, Crocombe, Hunt and Finn are never going to do it. They should all go. None of the very young bowlers look like taking wickets either, yet.
Bar today, the batting is coming together. A healthy range of young, middling and older players. I bet a few first division clubs wish they’d picked up Pujara and Alsop.

I believe they were playing due to injuries to other players.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I believe they were playing due to injuries to other players.

We’ve had injuries all season. I know Garton is still unable to bowl for long periods. But I wasn’t aware of any injuries to Crocombe or Hunt and think both were available?

Also, does anyone know if Kravelas counts as an overseas player? I’m aware that Rawlins is able to get away as not counting as one.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
We’ve had injuries all season. I know Garton is still unable to bowl for long periods. But I wasn’t aware of any injuries to Crocombe or Hunt and think both were available?

Also, does anyone know if Kravelas counts as an overseas player? I’m aware that Rawlins is able to get away as not counting as one.

https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/squad-named-trip-lords

'Henry Crocombe and Jamie Atkins are both out due to slight shoulder injuries.'

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
After match interview from Salisbury sounded reasonably positive - its a long term project and the kids are getting better (more resilient). Last year we would have lost. This time they have stopped getting thrashed.

Although without Pujara's runs we would be in deep brown stuff.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

He’s a Greece international .. there must be a loophole there. Like with Irish or Scottish players, maybe ?

I can’t believe we’d be interested in him as an overseas .

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He’s a Greece international .. there must be a loophole there. Like with Irish or Scottish players, maybe ?

I can’t believe we’d be interested in him as an overseas .

Not sure, he's already scored more runs than Travis Head did

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leicestershire made 584 in their first innings against Glamorgan and lost by an innings.

I think such records were a discussion earlier in this thread. I suggest this one hasn't been bettered.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
After the last match, all of our top 6 had scored more than 600 runs in the championship at an average over 40. That's fantastic. Batting is not the problem! It must be great for our young players to learn from Pujara how to play an innings. We've been unlucky with injuries to the bowlers.

Grant Flower earning his corn

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Leicestershire made 584 in their first innings against Glamorgan and lost by an innings.

I think such records were a discussion earlier in this thread. I suggest this one hasn't been bettered.

That's three times this season that a team has scored more than 500 and lost - quite incredible run of results

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Grant Flower earning his corn

2nd highest batting and 2nd lowest bowling points in the division says it all. Why would any young kid want to be a bowler these days when the wickets are so batter friendly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here