Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC- 2022 Season Edition

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Perhaps times have changed but certainly back when I was involved there were sponsors. Mind you that was 30 years ago, old git that I am
Unfortunately it was all down to sponsorship, Horsham had struggled to get enough to cover costs and let alone make a profit.
They are still working with Sussex to bring cricket back to Horsham so here's hoping.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
such a poor advert for 4 day game. Pitch did not help but only chance of a result or decent game was for Leicester to declare 100/150 behind and Sussex set 400ish to chase on last day. Maybe captains did discuss this

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ian Salisbury raving about the “absolutely amazing” pitch.
apparently it’ll turn our div two also rans into international players.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ian Salisbury raving about the “absolutely amazing” pitch.
apparently it’ll turn our div two also rans into international players.
It will certainly give them time in the middle

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They just want wickets where batsmen can thrash runs every ball 50 over or T20 style. Ruining cricket. Time to leave the pitches uncovered again.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I was supposed to be going to Lords for the first day of the game against Middx on Tuesday. As it will be stupidly hot in London and the trains are likely to be a mess, decided to switch my day off to Wednesday when it will be a bit more comfortable for both travel and watching cricket. Anyone else going?

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I was supposed to be going to Lords for the first day of the game against Middx on Tuesday. As it will be stupidly hot in London and the trains are likely to be a mess, decided to switch my day off to Wednesday when it will be a bit more comfortable for both travel and watching cricket. Anyone else going?

Yep. I'll be there.

Hope the air con is on in the pavilion.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Bit of a shameless plug - but Sussex 2nds are playing a visiting Mumbai Indians team (inc. Sachin Tendulkars son) up at Horsham today if anyone is at a loose end, & my lad is making his full 2nds debut after a couple of sub appearances over the last couple of years.
The squad is mostly made up of youngsters, but Bopara & Ward are both in the team and it should be a good run out for the Sussex lads. Disappointed to be missing it though as I couldn't get the time off work - but dont envy them out in that heat today :(

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bit of a shameless plug - but Sussex 2nds are playing a visiting Mumbai Indians team (inc. Sachin Tendulkars son) up at Horsham today if anyone is at a loose end, & my lad is making his full 2nds debut after a couple of sub appearances over the last couple of years.
The squad is mostly made up of youngsters, but Bopara & Ward are both in the team and it should be a good run out for the Sussex lads. Disappointed to be missing it though as I couldn't get the time off work - but dont envy them out in that heat today :(

How's he getting on? Sussex have given up on Second XI updates, which is rather disappointing

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
How's he getting on? Sussex have given up on Second XI updates, which is rather disappointing

Slowly getting back into the swing of things after 2 months out with a broken finger, then being on holiday for 2 weeks straight after his return!

Got smashed about a bit yesterday (Mumbai sent a squad with 10 full time pros, so not surprising!) and we lost both games. First was a bit of a shellacking, but we put up a good fight in the 2nd by all accounts.
Basically just a good experience for all the youngsters to have yesterday.
Frankie took 2 wickets which was great - but had THREE drops off his bowling. If he had taken 5 wickets I would've popped the champagne last night!

One of the batters he got out was this lad (I think....)

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2594623

Hes up at Blackstone today for a 2 day game vs Oxfordshire for the U18s, then has two T20s away vs Kent on Thursday for the Academy. Non stop this week!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Have the Middlesex bowlers strung the captain up by his goolies for opting to bowl in this heat?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Have the Middlesex bowlers strung the captain up by his goolies for opting to bowl in this heat?

Seems a crazy decision - and the weather is set to change tomorrow

Sussex starting OK here. We currently have seven players out injured, hence the two triallists playing. It's been a tough season for them but we've done better than I thought we would

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Got smashed about a bit yesterday (Mumbai sent a squad with 10 full time pros, so not surprising!) and we lost both games. First was a bit of a shellacking, but we put up a good fight in the 2nd by all accounts.
Basically just a good experience for all the youngsters to have yesterday.
Frankie took 2 wickets which was great - but had THREE drops off his bowling. If he had taken 5 wickets I would've popped the champagne last night!

One of the batters he got out was this lad (I think....)

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/2594623

Hes up at Blackstone today for a 2 day game vs Oxfordshire for the U18s, then has two T20s away vs Kent on Thursday for the Academy. Non stop this week!

Well done Frankie. Looking forward to his full Sussex debut

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Looking at that side playing for the 2nds How things have changed. Not long ago to get a game for them you would have had to have had to have made big scores or taken 4/5 wickets in senior club cricket. Now many seem to get a game by just performing in academy or in the nets. I would not think a side coming over from India were not hoping to face a stronger side. I watched the first game which was embarrassing

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

The justification was that there was a green tinge to the strip which encouraged them to bowl first. Not sure that has proved to be a good decision so far with Sussex at 68/1 at lunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here