Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surname distribution.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Anyone out there wondered where other people with the same surname live across the U.K?

People who are have researched their ancestry may be aware of this website All about surnames - soFeminine.co.uk

? If you type in your surname it will not only tell you how many people in the UK share your surname but in which region the name is most common.

My surname is shared by 3320 people in the UK 3064 of them in Portsmouth and Bournmouth!!!

Sorry if ‘fixtures’ thought it might be of interest?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Sorry, your search didn't return any results because we don't have enough data for this surname (nonexistent or less than 1300 records).

Well that makes me special then. Though I can tell them that it is most common in the South East part of Kent.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
They did not have enough Data for mine since i think there are only a few hundred people with my surname in England anyway.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Anyone out there wondered where other people with the same surname live across the U.K?

People who are have researched their ancestry may be aware of this website All about surnames - soFeminine.co.uk

? If you type in your surname it will not only tell you how many people in the UK share your surname but in which region the name is most common.

My surname is shared by 3320 people in the UK 3064 of them in Portsmouth and Bournmouth!!!

Sorry if ‘fixtures’ thought it might be of interest?

This website might cover more unusual surnames.....

National Trust Names

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
1548 People share my surname. it is the 7485th most common surname in the Country

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
1 623 people share the surname according to our estimation
The surname is the 5 610th most common name in Great Britain mainly in the West Country.

Would make sense as dad was a Gloucester boy

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm not on their list either. But according to the Mormons there's about 500 families around the world in the former colony's. Most of them are or were in...... Brighton. :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
39th. 129,805 of us, the most being just over 8000 in South Yorkshire. Makes sense as my father was from Barnsley. Spookily, my partner has the same surname (though I refer to her as Mrs P, we're not married).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well, that was a quick way to find out that Bin Laden isn't in the UK

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
6,530 people share my surname with majority of them in Kent, Norfolk and Scotland.

Strange really as i have no relations that i know of in any of these parts

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
9 090 people share the surname Stringer according to our estimation
The surname Stringer is the 1 146th most common name in Great Britain.

I have the 5th most common name in the Isle of Man!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
As my surname is Smith, pretty pointless doing this isn't it. There are Smith's everywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here