Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surname distribution.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
4 730 people share my surname. and it is the is the 2 244th most common name in Great Britain.

Only really up in the highlands of scotland, which conveniently is where my dad's family are from.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
39th. 129,805 of us, the most being just over 8000 in South Yorkshire. Makes sense as my father was from Barnsley. Spookily, my partner has the same surname (though I refer to her as Mrs P, we're not married).

Hmmm...

..my surname is 39th too but it says 12,843 people have the same surname in Essex.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Marsh is 159th most common surname.

It would appear however i should be living in Jersey which would be nice.
3rd most common name over there !

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
JUDD
In Great Britain : 7 774 people share the surname Judd according to our estimation
The surname Judd is the 1 354th most common name in Great Britain.

all about the name Judd :
Geographical spread - Data by county - Sorted by county
Geographical spread
This map shows the geographical spread by county of surname Judd in Great Britain. For example you can see below that over 5 % people whose name is Judd live in Belfast*.

all about the name Judd :
Geographical spread - Data by county - Sorted by county
Data by county
Belfast Judd is the 79th surname 1 756 people
Surrey Judd is the 223rd surname 1 836 people
Kent Judd is the 262nd surname 1 738 people
Lancashire Judd is the 272nd surname 1 866 people
Greater London Judd is the 416th surname 1 854 people

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Sorry, your search didn't return any results because we don't have enough data for this surname (nonexistent or less than 1300 records).

Well that makes me special then. Though I can tell them that it is most common in the South East part of Kent.

I also appear to be special, however my surname is very common in the Ilse of wight

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
doesn't work, 'cos according to them neither I or any of my family live in West Sussex wtf! :nono:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone out there wondered where other people with the same surname live across the U.K?

People who are have researched their ancestry may be aware of this website All about surnames - soFeminine.co.uk

? If you type in your surname it will not only tell you how many people in the UK share your surname but in which region the name is most common.

My surname is shared by 3320 people in the UK 3064 of them in Portsmouth and Bournmouth!!!

Sorry if ‘fixtures’ thought it might be of interest?
COMIC GENIUS :lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This thing is a bit odd - apparently by county, Brighton & Hove has the highest number of my surname. I am certain it would be London, Birmingham or Glasgow areas, and I know for a fact there are not 1,762 of us in Brighton and Hove.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Just over 100k people with my surname, mostly in Hereford and Worcester plus Cardiff...which isn't much of a surprise, wasn't particularly common when I lived in Sussex and isn't that common where I live now...but drive 20 miles or so to the west and it is common as muck!

D

Deleted member 2719

less than 100 in 1998 of our surname bloody good job my brother has two sons and i have 1 to keep us from extinction! :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here