Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Palace are safer than Fort Knox sadly but it's fun anyway, all of my palace mates are losing it.
6 home defeats on the trot and not a league win since before Xmas....

Pardew has to go
Their next five fixtures are a nightmare. Lovely stuff. When this thread was started they were about 50/1 for relegation. Now it could be on!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have a great film of a Palace supporting fried and I discussing the Eagle's European hopes at Christmas party. The drunken fool features ranting about how Palace will be playing in Europe and challenging for the top of the Premiership. He knows I have the clip. I'm waiting for the best time to play it back to him. Were he not a good friend then I'd post it here.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
They are a lot cheaper than that. If you can buy from john Lewis or richer sounds as they have free five year warranties on TVs.
In my bedroom I have an Hitachi HD smart TV from Argos, you can get a 55" one if those for under £430.
I don't really see the point of 4k ultra as the only channel I know of that broadcasts in that is BT HD ultra and Netflix. Hd is good enough for me.
I have seen some truly marvellous TVs though that would have been a couple of grand a few years ago, which are now below £500. You could buy a basic 32" HD now for £120.

EDIT: Richer sounds have this 50" hisense 4k ultra HD TV for £449. It may not be a well known brand but it comes with a SIX year guarantee. Not a bad deal?

Cheers I'll seek that out for a second TV :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers I'll seek that out for a second TV :thumbsup:

Picked up a Hitachi SmartTV 48" from Argos a couple of weeks ago to replace a similar LG thing that had died. Picture is great but sound was garbage - got a sound bar for about £30 which is excellent (tv is in a fairly small room - man cave [emoji3]- and used mainly for gaming and watching sport). Cost about £320. Amazing value.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
It's actually getting scary and worst of all I think you will go up automatically. I actually like Chris Hughton and TBF he has done an amazing job.

If we swap places I will lose my shit.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
147 pages and I've not read any of 'em so forgiveness needed if I repeat anything.
I dislike them up the road, but they're safe from relegation (this season). I don't want them to go down(this season), as it'll be good for us (and sky) if we manage promotion to the mickey mouse league this time around

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What, no updated Palace form guide?

palacelol.png

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Palace are safer than Fort Knox sadly but it's fun anyway, all of my palace mates are losing it.

Pardew has to go

They're safe(ish). However, the relegation odds were cut in half after Saturday's results and 3 out of their next 4 are tough aways. The other game is against Norwich, which, if Newcastle or Sunderland pick up a win in the meantime, will be huge.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Pardew has to go

His managerial career is a series of peaks and troughs. There is no real consistency in his record. His teams go on winning streaks and then the wheels come off and losses start mounting up. Then, if given long enough, eventually, the winning starts again. Sometimes the streaks last weeks, sometimes months.
It is clearly something in his own makeup, this inability to maintain consistency. Maybe he starts with a game plan, that catches fire and works and is then rumbled. Or maybe he tinkers, trying to improve even more but only succeeds in derailing the original plan. Or maybe he is just a muddled thinker, who eventually confuses his own players.
There is no middle ground with Pardew. His teams are either flying or floundering. There is never steady improvement.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Palace are 12s to go down and I think that is about right. Realistically they need a win and a couple of draws from 8 games and even that single win might not be necessary.

I think the best we can hope for are their two good players jumping ship in the summer and Pardew relegating them next season, perhaps with a record low points total.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Palace are 12s to go down and I think that is about right. Realistically they need a win and a couple of draws from 8 games and even that single win might not be necessary.

I think the best we can hope for are their two good players jumping ship in the summer and Pardew relegating them next season, perhaps with a record low points total.

Yep, not unusual for form to carry on over to the next season. An unhappy summer would be just what the doctor ordered.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Living in Surrey several Palace fans I know are starting to panic, they are now talking about how big the Norwich game is.
I think they are safe, however I can see Pardew sacked in the summer, current league form of P 13, W 0, D 4, L 9, F 9, A 24, pts 4 makes great reading for us however it can't for the board. Every dropped place is costing them financially.
I'm not a gambling man but I can see Palace winning the FA Cup, staying up and Pardew departing.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Living in Surrey several Palace fans I know are starting to panic, they are now talking about how big the Norwich game is.
I think they are safe, however I can see Pardew sacked in the summer, current league form of P 13, W 0, D 4, L 9, F 9, A 24, pts 4 makes great reading for us however it can't for the board. Every dropped place is costing them financially.
I'm not a gambling man but I can see Palace winning the FA Cup, staying up and Pardew departing.

I was panicking a while ago. Not panicked about relegation, but just perplexed as to how we dropped like a stone. Pardew needs to go, there are still a lot who want him to stay and try to shout down anyone who says anything to the contrary.
I'm all for giving a manager a chance but something is definitely not right, either all of our players turned shite or he is not getting the best out of them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whats the verdict there on Adebayor I wonder. I see he was binned off at half time on Saturday. 1 goal in 7 so far, always looked like a car-crash of a signing

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Whats the verdict there on Adebayor I wonder. I see he was binned off at half time on Saturday. 1 goal in 7 so far, always looked like a car-crash of a signing
Cheekily reading some of bbs's match thread the other day, it seems the denizens of Croydon are not impressed. Comments such as 'lazy' and 'useless' spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here