Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheekily reading some of bbs's match thread the other day, it seems the denizens of Croydon are not impressed. Comments such as 'lazy' and 'useless' spring to mind.

Adebayor in "lazy and useless" shocker ! Wow, who'd have thought that at the time he signed ?

Oh....all of us.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Whats the verdict there on Adebayor I wonder. I see he was binned off at half time on Saturday. 1 goal in 7 so far, always looked like a car-crash of a signing

He has done well in some games but was poor Saturday, For someone who is 6ft 3" he doesn't win enough balls in the air for me, Only seems to jump when he has a chance of scoring. In a battle against a decent centre back he isn't really interested.

Wickham will be back up front once fit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He has done well in some games but was poor Saturday, For someone who is 6ft 3" he doesn't win enough balls in the air for me, Only seems to jump when he has a chance of scoring. In a battle against a decent centre back he isn't really interested.

Wickham will be back up front once fit.

Useless lazy disinterested lump then, as has been known for several years by everyone (except Pardew). And you're paying him HOW much per week ?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Palace may not go down this season but it is good to see that their England manager elect, is on one of his normal nine game losing runs, which usually tends to make the fans of the respected clubs very unhappy with him, as per Newcastle, Charlton and West Ham. Nothing would make me happier than to see this smarmy git lose his Supa Al title at the Palace.

He's had that title for over 25 years, don't fret, he won't lose it.

I was panicking a while ago. Not panicked about relegation, but just perplexed as to how we dropped like a stone. Pardew needs to go, there are still a lot who want him to stay and try to shout down anyone who says anything to the contrary.
I'm all for giving a manager a chance but something is definitely not right, either all of our players turned shite or he is not getting the best out of them.

Come on, we were told Super Al is a God amongst the Selhurst regulars....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Useless lazy disinterested lump then, as has been known for several years by everyone (except Pardew). And you're paying him HOW much per week ?

Around 70k a week :eek: Will not be at Palace next season IMO, Whatever division we are in.

Out of interest....If you go up, Which is looking likely from the outside, Who would you sign to lead your attack next season?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
As a previous poster said the Palace aren't getting stuffings so it wouldn't take a lot to turn round. I just can't see Pardew being the man to do it.
The cup run shows the potential but Pardew needs to get the best week in week out which from afar he clearly can't. Poor strikers and a pants goalkeeper have cost you dearly.
I look forward to popping in my local on a Saturday evening, the locals are revolting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Around 70k a week :eek: Will not be at Palace next season IMO, Whatever division we are in.

Out of interest....If you go up, Which is looking likely from the outside, Who would you sign to lead your attack next season?
Fairly safely say it'll be nobody you've heard of.
I can say that with confidence because we wouldn't of heard of them either.

There is no way Tony would make a £70k a week Adebayor desperation signing.

I'd go so far as to say he'd rather we got relegated.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Not really someone that I think we will sign, but I was watching the Spanish football last night and saw Giuseppe Rossi is on loan at Levante. He scored a great goal and I am amazed he is in a Spanish relegation fight. He has had his injury problems but I wouldn't be surprised if a mid table Prem side took a punt on him as he clearly has talent and at 29 isn't over the hill

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

As Stat Brother said, most likely it would be someone from abroad who nobody has ever heard of. Another Ulloa hopefully.

Actually, I wouldn't be unhappy to see him back in the stripes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given that teams in the relegation zone need a siege mentality and a full commitment to the cause I actually think that Palace's chances of relegation INCREASED when they signed him up.

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph at the time, Adebayor had been close to joining Aston Villa at the end of July but, having completed a medical and posed for pictures in the club’s shirt, he stalled on the deal by claiming that he wanted a sign from God that it would be the correct move.

Adebayor then consulted his pastor over the prospect of moving to the Midlands before finally deciding against the switch.

West Ham then made Adebayor an offer to move to Upton Park on loan late in the summer transfer window, but he did not turn up for a scheduled medical and requested more time to think about the switch, by which time the Hammers had lost interest.

He did this in the knowledge that under the terms of his contract he'd be getting paid £100K a week by some mug club, then once he realised after 5 months he better get off his arse and make a move he chooses Palace - "I don't know much about the club but it's better to learn so I'll be going on Google and finding out more about them". You can't make this stuff up!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Cheekily reading some of bbs's match thread the other day, it seems the denizens of Croydon are not impressed. Comments such as 'lazy' and 'useless' spring to mind.

His through ball to Campbell for the second goal at Reading was sublime, and generally he had a good game at the Mad.

In the league he takes the risks of over exerting himself extremely seriously.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Given that teams in the relegation zone need a siege mentality and a full commitment to the cause I actually think that Palace's chances of relegation INCREASED when they signed him up.

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph at the time, Adebayor had been close to joining Aston Villa at the end of July but, having completed a medical and posed for pictures in the club’s shirt, he stalled on the deal by claiming that he wanted a sign from God that it would be the correct move.

Adebayor then consulted his pastor over the prospect of moving to the Midlands before finally deciding against the switch.

West Ham then made Adebayor an offer to move to Upton Park on loan late in the summer transfer window, but he did not turn up for a scheduled medical and requested more time to think about the switch, by which time the Hammers had lost interest.

He did this in the knowledge that under the terms of his contract he'd be getting paid £100K a week by some mug club, then once he realised after 5 months he better get off his arse and make a move he chooses Palace - "I don't know much about the club but it's better to learn so I'll be going on Google and finding out more about them". You can't make this stuff up!

But all the Palace goons were desperate to convince us that he was a great signing despite all this.

Oh look, they still are! :lolol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
We're not making it easy for ourselves !
Need a win and 2 draws, hopefully against Norwich and Newcastle.
Not looking good .

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
My prediction regarding Palace over the last few years
1) Theyll never make the play offs.........wrong
2) Theyll never win the play offs........wrong
3 )Theyll be down by christmas.........wrong
4) They wont survive a 2nd season......wrong

5) Pardew will keep them up..........Lets hope I can keep my 100% record!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here