Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I go off the betting markets, as people tend to engage their brains when money's involved, and they say about 9% at the moment.

Interesting to see my £2 fun double I put on a few weeks ago of us to be promoted and them to be relegated is offering me a small cash out option this morning #holdthenerve [emoji23][emoji23]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
CPFC 2010 or whatever it is. FA cup winners 2016. It could happen so lets keep our powder dry shall we.
Do you know what? Ten or twenty years ago, winning the fa cup really meant something. Then along came modern football and the powers that be really devalued the competition so that it's no longer the jewel in the crown of the English season. Cup final day used to be special, whoever was playing. Now it's just another game. It isn't even a day on which all of football's eyes are on it as other games are played and it has lost it's hallowed 3 o'clock kick off in recent years.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win the cup and it would be a feather in the cap for palace, it's just not the prize it was in the past.

Feb 14, 2010
Do you know what? Ten or twenty years ago, winning the fa cup really meant something. Then along came modern football and the powers that be really devalued the competition so that it's no longer the jewel in the crown of the English season. Cup final day used to be special, whoever was playing. Now it's just another game. It isn't even a day on which all of football's eyes are on it as other games are played and it has lost it's hallowed 3 o'clock kick off in recent years.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win the cup and it would be a feather in the cap for palace, it's just not the prize it was in the past.

The Cup still means something. If they won it then it would give them some history pf a meaningful trophy that would rival Brighton's Champions of England 1910 Charity Shield. Palace over the last 35 plus years have had players and a board that have achieved things (yes by using the Insolvency rules), but strangely their support has gone backwards since the 1970's. Brighton have been utter garbage and sold their ground in that time. Now Brighton are on its feet but we shall see whether the Albion players will achieve anything. Its still on, Palace win the cup and we lose in the play offs. No point kidding yourself. We shall see.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Cup still means something. If they won it then it would give them some history pf a meaningful trophy that would rival Brighton's Champions of England 1910 Charity Shield. Palace over the last 35 plus years have had players and a board that have achieved things, but strangely theor support has gone backwards since the 1970's. Brighton have been utter garbage and sold their ground in that time. Now Brighton are on its feet but we shall see whether the Albion players will achieve anything. Its still on, Palace win the cup and we lose in the play offs. No point kidding yourself. We shall see.
The cup does undoubtedly still mean something. It's been devalued and means less, that's all I'm saying.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The unthinkable is looming and we are in a relegation fight there's no doubt about that . I still think we will just stay up ,JUST , as for you lot ? I think you will either go up automatically or lose out in the play offs ( I've edged my bets there ) . There's no doubt you've done bloody well this season and I hope it doesn't continue for much longer as it isn't much fun coming on here of late :smile:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The unthinkable is looming and we are in a relegation fight there's no doubt about that . I still think we will just stay up ,JUST , as for you lot ? I think you will either go up automatically or lose out in the play offs ( I've edged my bets there ) . There's no doubt you've done bloody well this season and I hope it doesn't continue for much longer as it isn't much fun coming on here of late :smile:

Don't come on here then??

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Unthinkable ? ???

We've been thinking it for weeks :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Get a life and stop coming on here then.

p.s. what's edging a bet?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Do One Dougie

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst it's still highly improbable, if they continue to wobble the away matches at Norwich and Newcastle are looking MASSIVE.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Interesting to see my £2 fun double I put on a few weeks ago of us to be promoted and them to be relegated is offering me a small cash out option this morning #holdthenerve [emoji23][emoji23]
How much they offering?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So, if we do make it out of this league and go up this season, would people want Palace to stay up so we could play them in the top division, or get relegated so that for the first time in a long long time, we could lord it over them for at least a season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here