Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nice to see the carnage on the BBS dont often do but what a bunch of twats ,wishing the ref would die or have a nasty car crash class bunch
They've got previous form for this with throat-slitting gestures to Holloway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Look at their remaining fixtures and hand on heart say which ones they'll win. 2?
Sadly though if you do the same for Blunderland, Newcastle, Norwich, Bournemouth and Swansea you'll get the same outcome for at least 2 teams.

Unfortunately, a la us last season, palaces survival will owe just as much to the ineptitude of other teams, than it will to their own ability.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
image.jpegIf a picture paints a thousand words.....

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Lest we forget this beauty:

Yes, unquestionably.

We were at the time. I don't think it's a particularly outlandish comment to make considering we're still only 14th after a disgustingly unlucky run of injuries and incompetent refereeing. Anyone watching that game saw how much better we looked with Bolasie back in the side. When he's starting games we'll be back to winning ways.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Look at their remaining fixtures and hand on heart say which ones they'll win. 2?

On our current form, we won't win any of them. On our form in the first half of the season, we'd have a decent chance of winning any of those games. If we can have such a disastrous downturn in results from December to February, I don't think it's out of the question that we could improve our results as well.

On a side note, I reckon 2 wins would keep us up.

Unfortunately, a la us last season, palaces survival will owe just as much to the ineptitude of other teams, than it will to their own ability.

Why would it come down to the ineptitude of other teams rather than our fantastic performances in the first half of the season?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Its a long shot but if they get relegated it will be one of the most disastrous runs Ever seen. Can only hope

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We were at the time. I don't think it's a particularly outlandish comment to make considering we're still only 14th after a disgustingly unlucky run of injuries and incompetent refereeing. Anyone watching that game saw how much better we looked with Bolasie back in the side. When he's starting games we'll be back to winning ways.

Don't be silly. A short burst of form doesn't make you one of the top 10 clubs in the country any more than us beating Chelsea straight after they won the Champions League in 2011 making us a top European side.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I still cannot see it happening.
However the fall from European nights at Smellhurst and losing Pards To England (or Real or Barca) in such a short space of time is frankly very funny.
They could go the rest of the season without winning and still stay up - but it would not deflect from their rubbish.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nice touch that today's victorious manager was Pulis.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Interesting that we could've "cheated our way to a draw" if the referee had spotted the obvious and blatant penalty we should've had just after Wickham's first goal. That first half performance was one of the worst I've ever seen, but in the end we've still been robbed by incompetent refereeing.

One of them may have been a penalty (you rarely see them given though). Also, Adebayor should have been sent off in the first half so I don't think you can blame the ref for that defeat.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
On our current form, we won't win any of them......On a side note, I reckon 2 wins would keep us up

You're right on both counts. Unfortunately although I can't see you getting any sort of form back (sides have worked out your simple tactics of diving and well drilled set pieces; you rarely score any other way); by sheer rules of probability, you'll just about win a flukey game and pick up some lucky draws to ensure your survival. I just pray (like you do) that you are able to keep Pardew, I don't think he'll take the England job until after the Euros but I could see Man Utd calling at any time as he is a clear upgrade on LVG and Mourinho.*

*at being a ****

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Did he ever sort out his compo problems with them.

Are they still demanding 98p in the pound back of him?

All seems to have gone quiet. I'm sure Pulis was having a snigger at the end.

Palace's run in looks tricky, but think they will probably survive and pack the day trippers into Smellhurst for one more season

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still think they'll make top 4. Remember they all said top 4 this year or the season is a failure... They will be proved right IMO - too good to stay 14th..

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is like Newcastle and Pardew all over again, flatter to deceive and then sink like a stone and hope there are 3 teams worse off to save them

But much, much funnier.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I do think today's game highlights the need for retrospective punishment on cheating. Zaha & Bolaise must have had 3 or 4 blatant dives each, let alone Wards embarrassing trip on himself. It's just not on. I'm won't be surprised if WBA take some sort of action via the FA on this game as they should have been playing 9 men for most of the game and his favouring of Palace cost them a double figure + goal difference tonight.

Also still waiting to see if Spurs get done for fielding that team in the cup the other week & then deliberately losing the game. Hope not, as they could win the league title. You could even clearly see Potch the Spurs gaffa shouting 'don't score, don't score' as the camera panned to him on a Spurs reserves corner. No wonder the FA Cup means so little these days :(

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Still think they'll make top 4. Remember they all said top 4 this year or the season is a failure... They will be proved right IMO - too good to stay 14th..

To be fair I don t think their out the title race yet. 11 wins and who knows. I mean if the mighty Palace and the tactical genius Pardew can go 10 games without a win, logically speaking the 13 teams in front of them could easily do the same, especially with their inferior managers and players ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here