Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez - our reaction on Sunday

Will be dish out stick to Suarez on Sunday?

• Yes - he's an opponent, and we may get under his skin by doing so.

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • No - Gus spoke up for him, is friends with him, so that makes him fine by me.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Who? Meh, I'll be too busy throwing someone out of my seat.

Votes: 47 48.0%

• Total voters

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What will it be?

On the one hand he will be getting pelters up and down the country for a while, as fans do their usual bit of trying to unsettle an opponent.

However, in our case, this is a player that Gus stood up for, and it would seem is a personal friend of our managers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suspect most of us don't give a toss what Gus thinks about him- Poyet clearly has a soft spot for Leeds after his post-match statement on Saturday, but it doesn't mean I'm going to applaud them off.

Suarez will get stick, and that's something he's just going to have to live with, for the foreseeable future. To be honest, I'm sure he's used to it. It's hardly the first time in his career he's found himself in trouble (handballs, nose-biting etc). Unpleasant little cheat.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Don't think he will start after the fiasco at Old Trafford, and even if Brighton fans did boo him if he came on as a substitute, then the loud cheer from the home supporters would drown us out anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't think he will start after the fiasco at Old Trafford, and even if Brighton fans did boo him if he came on as a substitute, then the loud cheer from the home supporters would drown us out anyway.

Au contraire, I think he's almost guaranteed to start. He's just missed eight games, he needs time on the pitch.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The difference between this game and the last time Suarez played against us, of course, is that Adam El Abd will be (I presume) up against him.

Light touchpaper, retreat safe distance :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Disagree on both counts.

He'll start, as we are far enough through the Cup that the top clubs take it seriously enough to field a full-strength side. They will see this as an ideal chance to have him bang a couple of goals in against lower League opposition, and have him brimming with confidence.

I have very rarely been away in the Cup to a Premiership side to find us "drowned out." More often than not, I'm struck by just how quiet the home fans are. Truth is the smaller clubs fans will always be more fired up for teh occasion than the home fans trotting out to watch what they expect to be a routine win.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
None of the above.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, I just want the whole saga to be over.

In any case, does anyone really think that abuse from us will make the slightest difference to the way he plays?

In my view, booing and abuse of any opposition player in any game might make us feel better, but I doubt it has ever put any player off his game so, in that sense, it's pointless.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He is a Premier League player who has done nothing to our club. If he starts diving and cheating against us on Sunday then I'll get on his back, same I will with any other player. But I'm not going to boo him for any other reason.

And to be perfectly honest, I cant imagine he gives two shits if a lower league clubs fans on a day out boo him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I will give him abuse.

I couldn't give a toss if he is friends with Gus or not. To be honest, if that friendship does anything, it is to make me like Gus less.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Pointless.
Spend ALL your energy on supporting The Albion, and NONE on winding up any of the opposition.

This. A quick trawl through a few LFC forums show they are going to give our 6000 a warm welcome and have respect for both Gus and our team. I say respect them back. Not only that our guys will need a 12th man and that needs to be chants of support.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Dan Harding - the last time SCC visited us? something got to him, would like to think that we played our part.

Yes, you're right, I think we did get to Harding, but I would still maintain that the vast majority are so used to it that they are immune to it. And I am sure that many are inspired by it!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This. A quick trawl through a few LFC forums show they are going to give our 6000 a warm welcome and have respect for both Gus and our team. I say respect them back. Not only that our guys will need a 12th man and that needs to be chants of support.

I would imagine that 'respect' for Gus comes from the fact he threw his weight behind Suarez. Something which I think most of us agree was the wrong thing to do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will give him no more abuse than any other player as I think that he was very hard done by in the first place and the FA over reacted with a ridiculous length ban.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I LOVE the reaction from some fans. "He has done nothing to us," they say, "so why should we be bothere?"

Why? Because racism is an issue which is bigger than ONE match between two clubs. It is something we should all find abhorant and all stand up against.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I voted for giving him some stick, but for the reason Edna highlighted. Nothing to do with racism, him being a diving cheating twat, makes him fair game to me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I LOVE the reaction from some fans. "He has done nothing to us," they say, "so why should we be bothere?"

Why? Because racism is an issue which is bigger than ONE match between two clubs. It is something we should all find abhorant and all stand up against.

jesus ...!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here