Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez - our reaction on Sunday

Will be dish out stick to Suarez on Sunday?

• Yes - he's an opponent, and we may get under his skin by doing so.

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • No - Gus spoke up for him, is friends with him, so that makes him fine by me.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Who? Meh, I'll be too busy throwing someone out of my seat.

Votes: 47 48.0%

• Total voters

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I LOVE the reaction from some fans. "He has done nothing to us," they say, "so why should we be bothere?"

Why? Because racism is an issue which is bigger than ONE match between two clubs. It is something we should all find abhorant and all stand up against.

I don't think this case is as clear cut as saying 'Suarez is a racist, so must be booed'. He has acted like a prick but to be honest I think this incident is best left in the past now and time to move on. No good can come of it just dragging on and on. But do agree that if he starts whinging and whining then let him have it

Brighton247.com

Jan 22, 2012
WSL
None of the above.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, I just want the whole saga to be over.

In any case, does anyone really think that abuse from us will make the slightest difference to the way he plays?

In my view, booing and abuse of any opposition player in any game might make us feel better, but I doubt it has ever put any player off his game so, in that sense, it's pointless.

This

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I LOVE the reaction from some fans. "He has done nothing to us," they say, "so why should we be bothere?"

Why? Because racism is an issue which is bigger than ONE match between two clubs. It is something we should all find abhorant and all stand up against.

What a load of sanctimonious bollocks. Two multi-millionaire footballers had an argument, one said things that are acceptable in his country but aren't in ours. He shouldn't have done it. They've both behaved like spoilt children ever since. What the f*** does that have to do with me? Absolutely nothing. I'm going to Anfield to watch my team play in the 5th round of the FA Cup, along with 6,000 others. I'm going to be far too busy enjoying a fantastic day out to worry about saving the world from the evils of racism.

Evra doesn't need you to defend him. Suarez doesn't give a shit what you think. Nor does Dalglish, nor does Poyet. Just go and watch the football.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What a load of sanctimonious bollocks. Two multi-millionaire footballers had an argument, one said things that are acceptable in his country but aren't in ours. He shouldn't have done it. They've both behaved like spoilt children ever since. What the f*** does that have to do with me? Absolutely nothing. I'm going to Anfield to watch my team play in the 5th round of the FA Cup, along with 6,000 others. I'm going to be far too busy enjoying a fantastic day out to worry about saving the world from the evils of racism.

Evra doesn't need you to defend him. Suarez doesn't give a shit what you think. Nor does Dalglish, nor does Poyet. Just go and watch the football.

This.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

When I read this, Michael Jackson's 'Heal the world' came into my head.

Now I can't get the bastard song out.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Nailed. Anyone who thinks that any abuse relating to Suarez being a tiny bit racist following one comment to a French Twat will have one iota of impact on him during the match is a mug. In fact all I can see happening is it inciting the Scousers to get on our teams back and end up being a negative to us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Spot on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll be booing Suarez. I like a bit of pantomime and it will be part of me having a nice day out. All together now Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I so don't give a shit about any of this.

Just want to see the super seagulls put on a show. Doesn't interested me whether he is playing or not, who he calls what, who he shakes hands with. Load of old fanny.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Disagree on both counts.

He'll start, as we are far enough through the Cup that the top clubs take it seriously enough to field a full-strength side. They will see this as an ideal chance to have him bang a couple of goals in against lower League opposition, and have him brimming with confidence.

I have very rarely been away in the Cup to a Premiership side to find us "drowned out." More often than not, I'm struck by just how quiet the home fans are. Truth is the smaller clubs fans will always be more fired up for teh occasion than the home fans trotting out to watch what they expect to be a routine win.

With relation to my 'drowning out' comment it was more censored about the moment when he actually comes on the pitch (if as I think, he will be a sub), the home fans will cheer wildly, meaning any boos would be drowned out; and IMO this is the only time people would actually boo him...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, he's an opposing player FFS!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why get involved? He served his ban, he apologised, forget it. Let's just get behind our players

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just wish that stroppy little person had taken his shirt off in his celebration.Could the Ref still book him after the finish?

lfc

Sep 2, 2011
An observation from being on this forum in the past couple of weeks - you can spot almost instantly the fans of Brighton, and the fans of Man United who happen to support Brighton as well, its funny.

As for Suarez - I'm sure he will get the token abuse becuase hes in the public eye at the minute, but to be honest, I think on the whole you will get behind brighton as you normally do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here