Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez - our reaction on Sunday

Will be dish out stick to Suarez on Sunday?

• Yes - he's an opponent, and we may get under his skin by doing so.

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • No - Gus spoke up for him, is friends with him, so that makes him fine by me.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Who? Meh, I'll be too busy throwing someone out of my seat.

Votes: 47 48.0%

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
over the eons ive found the moment fans single out a player for a bit of stick , that very same player turns it on and sticks it to us on the pitch , i mean look what Dazzling Dan Harding did to us ....... oh well , somebody else then :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I LOVE the reaction from some fans. "He has done nothing to us," they say, "so why should we be bothere?"

Why? Because racism is an issue which is bigger than ONE match between two clubs. It is something we should all find abhorant and all stand up against.

Agreed, but why not sort out our own back yard first?

Suarez isn't a racist, he said a racial slur, there's a difference.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nailed. Anyone who thinks that any abuse relating to Suarez being a tiny bit racist following one comment to a French Twat will have one iota of impact on him during the match is a mug. In fact all I can see happening is it inciting the Scousers to get on our teams back and end up being a negative to us.

I know we don't always agree, but well said Dan!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scousers: paranoid? I never said that!

"sign him up, sign him up" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

liverpoolfan

Feb 13, 2012
First post here! Was just reading some of the Liverpool related threads prior to our FA cup tie and I have to admit in general Brighton fans seem some of the most level headed and knowledgeable fans I have come across. Unlike a significant majority of opposition team supporters who blindly follow anything the media spouts most of the reactions here have been well thought out.

Personally I have no problem with regular banter during a game but this whole Suarez saga is still a pretty sensitive issue up here. However, I'm sure all the seagulls supporters will get a good reception here and have a great time no matter the result (of course I'm hoping for a Liverpool win :wink:).

In terms of the match the feeling around here is that we will field a pretty strong side. I don't expect any of our youngsters to feature and besides Lucas we do not have anyone on the injury list. Will probably look something like this:

Reina
Johnson Skrtle Agger Enrique
Spearing Adam
Gerrard Suarez Bellamy
Carroll​

I'm expecting a tough game as I'm sure all the Brighton players will be pumped for this match and we have a tendency to get complacent (but hopefully Kenny will get everyone firing after a dissapointing loss against the Mancs). How do you guys/gals think you will line up?

Anyway really looking forward to the match and good luck against Millwall! :bigwave:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
He is a Premier League player who has done nothing to our club. If he starts diving and cheating against us on Sunday then I'll get on his back, same I will with any other player. But I'm not going to boo him for any other reason.

And to be perfectly honest, I cant imagine he gives two shits if a lower league clubs fans on a day out boo him.

ASBOlutely.

So he's wound up Manchester United fans. BIG DEAL. They are of course the only club to have stood in our way in an FA Cup final and so by my books, we should hate those Mancs far more than we should expend energy on berating the Scousers, who let's not forget, we've done before in the Cup.

I'm not saying his behaviour of late is acceptable, but it's nothing to do with us. Leave all that bullshit to the Premier League boo boys. For us it's a nice day out, no matter what anyone else says.

Can anyone name a better forward that our back four will have come up against? We should revel in it and if we keep him quiet, that's reason to shout. Don't make it about off the field shenanigans.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Booing Suarez makes us small trime. The beef wasnt with us, you may disagree with what Suarez did but lets just react at what happens on the pitch and support our players. I'll never forget the football genius putting John Barnes in his back pocket!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Well if we're talking about booing Suarez sunday then I guess we'd better do the same with Poyet for supporting him...

POYET OUT!

:facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using the power of Greyskull

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
ASBOlutely.

So he's wound up Manchester United fans. BIG DEAL. They are of course the only club to have stood in our way in an FA Cup final and so by my books, we should hate those Mancs far more than we should expend energy on berating the Scousers, who let's not forget, we've done before in the Cup.

I'm not saying his behaviour of late is acceptable, but it's nothing to do with us. Leave all that bullshit to the Premier League boo boys. For us it's a nice day out, no matter what anyone else says.

Can anyone name a better forward that our back four will have come up against? We should revel in it and if we keep him quiet, that's reason to shout. Don't make it about off the field shenanigans.

I agree with most of what you say but simply don't understand the logic behind hating Man U because they beat us in the Cup Final. What were they supposed to do...let us win to be nice to us?

There are many reasons to dislike Man U but not this one.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Oh and if there is any doubt....

Sent from my iPhone using the power of Greyskull

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329207407.138485.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329207407.138485.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 30

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I LOVE the reaction from some fans. "He has done nothing to us," they say, "so why should we be bothere?"

Why? Because racism is an issue which is bigger than ONE match between two clubs. It is something we should all find abhorant and all stand up against.

he has been punished. time to move on. important thing Sunday is support for Brighton. end of.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree with most of what you say but simply don't understand the logic behind hating Man U because they beat us in the Cup Final. What were they supposed to do...let us win to be nice to us?

There are many reasons to dislike Man U but not this one.

I dislike them for Norman Whiteside.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
With relation to my 'drowning out' comment it was more censored about the moment when he actually comes on the pitch (if as I think, he will be a sub), the home fans will cheer wildly, meaning any boos would be drowned out; and IMO this is the only time people would actually boo him...

I think you are probably right about the moment he comes on as sub (if that happens), but I doubt that will be the only time we give him stick. a few minutes later if he comes up our end, he'll be getting pelters I reckon, and he'll be a mile from the noise of the Kop (and there won't be much of that during a game with us).

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I think you are probably right about the moment he comes on as sub (if that happens), but I doubt that will be the only time we give him stick. a few minutes later if he comes up our end, he'll be getting pelters I reckon, and he'll be a mile from the noise of the Kop (and there won't be much of that during a game with us).

Fair point, thinking about it, some people are bound too.

Aug 19, 2011
With the greatest respect to Liverpool...Suarez, along with any other player, fan or staff member connected to Liverpool, is of absolutely no significance to me this weekend. This is about celebrating the The Albion, nothing else matters!

Games like this were nothing but dreams a few years ago when we were playing the likes of Yeovil at our dump of a running track. We would have given anything to get to the 3rd round, let along the 5th away at Anfield !!!! Look how far we have come....this kind of opposition could genuinely become a regular fixture in the next few years, not just a nice day out.....how exciting is that !!!!

We fought for years to get back to Brighton and then fought even harder to get The Amex. We all know about the dark days but we're now back where we belong - top half of the Championship and looking forward to what I think will be some very special years for our football club. We've got a great squad, the best manager outside the Premier League and the best new stadium in the country. When I step into Anfield that is what I'll be thinking about, not whether or a player completely unconnected to our club was horrible to another player completely unconnected to our club.

I'm there for the Albion, no-one else, and I'll sing my heart out so all the lads know it.......SEAGULLS !!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
An observation from being on this forum in the past couple of weeks - you can spot almost instantly the fans of Brighton, and the fans of Man United who happen to support Brighton as well, its funny.

As for Suarez - I'm sure he will get the token abuse becuase hes in the public eye at the minute, but to be honest, I think on the whole you will get behind brighton as you normally do

You're actually wrong on the first point. I would wager that there are more plastic scousers on this board than Noddy United fans. Witness the fact that it's usually a free for all if someone posts something anti-United, with almost everyone joining in, whereas if anyone suggests that Liverpool might have behaved less than perfectly there's a significant minority who are all over it, jumping to the club's defence and arguing vehemently. I could name a few of the Liverpool-lovers, whereas I can't think of anyone who openly supports United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here