Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Jordan Rhodes, Boyd from Peterborough or dare i say it Murray !!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Only problem with this thread is that Gus doesn't seem to like playing 4 4 2 very much, hence role for the type of player being described here = limited!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would love......

Ricky Lambert
Jordan Rhodes
Kevin Davies

Realistically

Steve Howard
Grant Holt
Emile Heskey

Just a physical lump who has a first touch, can hold the ball up and defend on corners. A few goals would also be helpful!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I can see the attraction of people saying Jordan Rhoads and indeed I would love to see the lad sign for us, but not in January. If we are still top six in Jan or there abouts, which we should be, what we need is experience, experience, experience. It could take someone like Rhoads a dozen games to find his feet at this level. We would not have that sort of timescale to play with, same with prem reserve youngsters. True they could hit the ground running, but it would be a gamble and one we would not have the time scale to experiment with. With Fuller or Harewood you know exactly what you are getting.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I still don't understand this need for a 'big lump'. Paynter is exactly that and he hasn't worked out and CMS holds the ball up brilliantly amongst his other talents. If we are going to sign another striker then I would love it to be Rhodes as he is class but I don't think we will be able to afford him and he isn't this 'big lump' that some seem to want. He's just a goalscorer.

To be honest, if we have money in January I would much rather we tried to sign Jara Reyes permanently, he is class and versatile. I would like to see him in centre mid as I think he will slot in superbly alongside Bridcutt.

If we can't get Reyes then I think we have to get a box to box centre mid before any other position who can create and score the odd goal. That for me is where we are weakest and why we are not creating enough chances. If we can keep them all fit, the current attackers we have are possibly the most exciting in the division but they need more support from behind them.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
TB

Although he left us on a free transfer and I may be wrong, I understood that going to palace, or indeed any other club, that he ( or his agent ) would have been looking for a signing on fee which would not have been insubstantial.

Who knows how far GP was prepared to go to meet him on that but, it seems, loyalty to the club was not apparently on the agnda.

To be fair to the bloke, we should have extended his contract the previous summer. I heard palace offered a 3yr contract at 10K per week, apparently murray came back to us and said he would sign for 2 yrs on the same contract - we turned him down, don't htink that you can claim he was disloyal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here