Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
So what is missing from the team is Premiership experience. Although we have financial constraints and that is why Gus trawls the lower leagues - this is what is missing - class.

So if you look at what is available in January - there is not much.
Arsenal - Chamak on loan
United - Macheda on loan or Berbatov that would be a good one
Spurs - Pavlyochenko - yes could do a job
Stoke have far too many strikers - so taking Fuller on loan is a possible

mm so Jordan Rhodes it is then for £5m

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Toby Adgestein

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ricardo Fuller would be perfect, big, strong, fast, skillfull and scores goals. And is not getting games, loan or a perm move for him must be on the cards.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Realistically, Harry Kane from Spurs. They're almost out of the Europa League so he needs more first-team matches under his belt and he looks a great prospect.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm well chuffed Forest didn't have a decent one today

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Ricardo Fuller on loan, or Marlon Harewood on a free please.

People may think he's a Donkey, but his power and pace gets him goals, proved it last season at Blackpool and Barnsley, and he'd be a big help defending/holding up the ball.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
If we were playing "Aussie Rules" maybe, but our style of football, he's got more chance of becoming Pope!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Fuller or Harewood would both be ideal for the job we need doing (ie. supporting CMS/holding the ball up and laying it off). Kane doesn't really offer that and probably lacks the experience and by the time he has settled and maybe started to contribute we are past Easter - if that is an option I would rather persist with Barnes. My sincerest hope is that Gus' pride doesn't allow him to persist with Paynter - he really does seem to like him - I was in shock that he started today for example.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Lloyd Owusu

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Very left field, but I heard today that Anelka has asked and had agreed to be on transfer market, how about him for a 6m if he does not get picked up?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Fuller or Harewood type for 2 years then BZ back please. Think Hoskins has a key role to play and Barnes is a good back-up but our 4th striker needs to be a big lad I think as a diff option.

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
Don't see striker as a priority. Cms and Hoskins looks good. Love to see Cms with Buckley or Vicente in the hole. Think we need goals scoring box to box midfielder (like Sidwell) would be great.

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
we need someone that will keep barnesy to the ressies cos he is cack at this level! paynter i would drive him back to leeds if given the heads up he is truely awaful! as for who i would like gus to sign, well thats simple for me get Rhodes from hudds!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
You have to be joking? Dave Kitson is awful for Portsmouth. I think that would be a very poor signing indeed.

no not joking,you didnt go to pompey away then,does exactly for pompey,what we need and scores one in every 3 games.
He holds the ball up so well and imo is a realistic transfer target

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here