Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Very left field, but I heard today that Anelka has asked and had agreed to be on transfer market, how about him for a 6m if he does not get picked up?

Are you seriously suggesting bidding £6MILLION??? Some people have no sense of reality whatsoever.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I still don't understand this need for a 'big lump'. Paynter is exactly that and he hasn't worked out and CMS holds the ball up brilliantly amongst his other talents. If we are going to sign another striker then I would love it to be Rhodes as he is class but I don't think we will be able to afford him and he isn't this 'big lump' that some seem to want. He's just a goalscorer.

To be honest, if we have money in January I would much rather we tried to sign Jara Reyes permanently, he is class and versatile. I would like to see him in centre mid as I think he will slot in superbly alongside Bridcutt.

If we can't get Reyes then I think we have to get a box to box centre mid before any other position who can create and score the odd goal. That for me is where we are weakest and why we are not creating enough chances. If we can keep them all fit, the current attackers we have are possibly the most exciting in the division but they need more support from behind them.

I would say that Paynter is too short and isn't a physical lump, he's only won one header in the five games I've seen him and has no first touch, so I'm not sure its fair to say that this would be the wrong type of player.

Jara Reyes would be good.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
We have good strikers in Hoskins and Barnes, yes Barnes if we play him as a striker.

Do we need a striker? Gus seems to prefer playing one up and one in the hole. It's not a striker we need but a creative midfilder and a keeper get those in and I really do think you will see a different Albion performance and an exciting second half to the season.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
We have good strikers in Hoskins and Barnes, yes Barnes if we play him as a striker.

Do we need a striker? Gus seems to prefer playing one up and one in the hole. It's not a striker we need but a creative midfilder and a keeper get those in and I really do think you will see a different Albion performance and an exciting second half to the season.

I agree with this...I think

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I believe Harewood would be good.

The worst thing Gus can do is buy someone from a lower league. We have enough League One players already.

Reyes and Vicente ooze class with a better touch and vision compared to our other players, skills acquired from playing and training with teams in top leagues, surely?

Other than Harewood, a hot prospect from a top club instead of a rotting ressy from Leeds would be nice.

I like the idea of:

Lukaku
Macheda
Sammy Ameobi
Nathan Delfouneso

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i dont agree either bozza,i get ripped by people on here(who cares),but he would be ideal for cms

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Kitson won't happen as he has a terrible attitude and Gus would never take that. And don't forget he is ginger. We have our token ginger and he hasn't worked out too well.

Grant Holt would be a mega signing in my book but can't see it happening.

I think we have to be realistic and it's likely to be a loan signing from a bottom half Premiership or top half Championship side.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
If Paynter had an uphill struggle convincing the fans before he even kicked a ball for us can you imagine what it would be like for Kitson?

yes agree,but he is different class to paynter,he hasnt a bad goal scoring record,and he has plenty of assists,only problem is again wages and his so called dirty style,
but i would love him to play for us

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
yes agree,but he is different class to paynter,he hasnt a bad goal scoring record,and he has plenty of assists,only problem is again wages and his so called dirty style,
but i would love him to play for us

Kitson fits the Dennis Wise mould for me. All opposition fans hate him but he does do a job quite well. He is clearly a ginger twat, but he does do a certain type of role which perhaps he could do well with us. I have to say at Pompey when he came on I feared him, although he didn't do much. Wouldn't be my first choice though as I like my Brighton players to be nice chaps as well. Can we sign Frank Lampard and David Beckham please.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Love it when [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] plays these games.

Dave Kitson would be an excellent signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here