Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker on the horizon

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He explains that the player need not be out of contract at the moment. The player and his current club can mutually agree to terminate a contract making the player a free agent.

Just to stir it up, could that re-ignite the Kuqi rumour. It may have now settled in that he wont be getting a game at Swansea, and to get another 2/3 years out of his career he needs to be playing games at his age. After realising his options are limited, maybe he's now an option?
Obviously im putting together loads of ideas from what was only a rumour on this site, but still, its plausible. But then Naylor says he believes its a young striker at a higher level.
Interesting.

Ha, well I think that fella from Norway sounds like a prospect for the future, I am sure he will learn a great deal stepping up to this level. Fingers crossed for a new forward soon, although this person will not be good enough for some ppl on here whoever he is!

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Ha, well I think that fella from Norway sounds like a prospect for the future, I am sure he will learn a great deal stepping up to this level. Fingers crossed for a new forward soon, although this person will not be good enough for some ppl on here whoever he is!

This is true. Torbjorn seems like something different too. Direct and speedy could compliment the holding up skills of Ashley and the aerial skills of Glenn!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
although this person will not be good enough for some ppl on here whoever he is!

It annoys me when people keep saying this.
If you read TCB and others comments (including mine), from my perspective, people are not demanding a Simon Cox or Billy Sharp, but a decent striker for a bit of competition. At the moment, Murray and Barnes could spend the entire 90 minutes sucking each other off and still be guaranteed a start (and i hate to slag off our players, but its true). If Murray is injured, which has happened more than enough times to worry about, or similarly gets suspended, we are left really with just Barnes. He's already proved (IMO) he is far from capable of playing up front alone, as these players need a presence about them which he doesnt have.
If we want top 6, we need 3 competitive strikers, end of for me. We cannot expect to finish above the likes of Plymouth, Hudders, Stains, Peterborough, Charlton etc with no competition up front. To me, thats not being pessamistic, its not being stupidly greedy, its common sense.

Foolg you are right what you say, the comment was being specific to just one or two ppl who seem to think it's a joke we have NOT got in a top striker, we do need competition and we need a certain quality, but some suggestions on here have been ludicrous as I am you would agree

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Given some of the players we have signed have come straight out of left field it's safe to say it really could be absolutely anyone from anywhere!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we want top 6, we need 3 competitive strikers, end of for me. We cannot expect to finish above the likes of Plymouth, Hudders, Stains, Peterborough, Charlton etc with no competition up front. To me, thats not being pessamistic, its not being stupidly greedy, its common sense.

I think it's fair to say that we'd all like a third decent striker. It would pretty much complete the squad. But, are you sure it's essential? When was the last time we had three quality strikers at the club at the same time? As far as I can remember it was the 90/91 season when we had Small, Byrne and Nelson. We managed to win back to back titles in 2000-2002 with just Zamora. Who did we have in 2003/4? It was Knight and who? Benjamin on loan for a while? Iwelumo on loan for a while?

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I think it's fair to say that we'd all like a third decent striker. It would pretty much complete the squad. But, are you sure it's essential? When was the last time we had three quality strikers at the club at the same time? As far as I can remember it was the 90/91 season when we had Small, Byrne and Nelson. We managed to win back to back titles in 2000-2002 with just Zamora. Who did we have in 2003/4? It was Knight and who? Benjamin on loan for a while? Iwelumo on loan for a while?

We don't have three quailty strikers though.You seriously put them three in that bracket?

Murray- very good

Barnes - good

Viking - unknown

Holroyd - toilet

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We don't have three quailty strikers though.You seriously put them three in that bracket?

Murray- very good

Barnes - good

Viking - unknown

Holroyd - toilet

Eh? I think you've misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't say we had three quality strikers. I said that we'd all like to have a third(implying we already have two-Murray and Barnes). I also asked when was the last time that we actually hjad three decent strikers on the books at the same time? As far as I can recall it was the 90/91 season. We achieved three promotions in the last 10 years off the back of one (very high) quality striker. So, going on our recent history,it might not be essential to have three decent strikers in the squad. we'd all like it but...

Eh? I think you've misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't say we had three quality strikers. I said that we'd all like to have a third(implying we already have two-Murray and Barnes). I also asked when was the last time that we actually hjad three decent strikers on the books at the same time? As far as I can recall it was the 90/91 season. We achieved three promotions in the last 10 years off the back of one (very high) quality striker. So, going on our recent history,it might not be essential to have three decent strikers in the squad. we'd all like it but...

Nappy has problems absorbing information and processing the information correctly

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nappy has problems absorbing information and processing the information correctly

Judging by his reaction to GNLF's post, do I take it that if someone on here posted that he'd like to have a threesome with two super models, Nappy Thrower would take that as meaning that he WAS having a threesome with two supermodels.

That must lead to an interesting view on the world.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

See your point, but Zamora and Knight were 25+ goal strikers, whereas i think people realise we dont have one at the club now. Murray is not a 25 goal man, he isnt clinical enough and wastes too many chances, so for me, we need competition to get the goals we need.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
It annoys me when people keep saying this.
If you read TCB and others comments (including mine), from my perspective, people are not demanding a Simon Cox or Billy Sharp, but a decent striker for a bit of competition. At the moment, Murray and Barnes could spend the entire 90 minutes sucking each other off and still be guaranteed a start (and i hate to slag off our players, but its true). If Murray is injured, which has happened more than enough times to worry about, or similarly gets suspended, we are left really with just Barnes. He's already proved (IMO) he is far from capable of playing up front alone, as these players need a presence about them which he doesnt have.

Stop writing sensible posts, this is NSC !

Judging by his reaction to GNLF's post, do I take it that if someone on here posted that he'd like to have a threesome with two super models, Nappy Thrower would take that as meaning that he WAS having a threesome with two supermodels.

That must lead to an interesting view on the world.

Yes that would probably be true. Well it looks like another striker is coming soon enough, The impatience of some to expect instant results or success or comments I read about players after one game I find astonishing. My personal view is that we wil make progress this year around 8th in my opinion. I feel we have the makings of a good team but not yet a great squad.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
based on what naylor has said I would say it is Kuqi

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
based on what naylor has said I would say it is Kuqi

Thats who i think it is. I think he may have realised for the sake of his career, to get another 2/3 years out of himself he needs to be playing first team football.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
ooh ooh ooh
I wanna be like you
Kuqi Kuqi doo
I wanna shoot like you, score like you
Kuqi Kuqi Shevki Kuqi!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here