Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport County v Brighton and Hove Albion ***OFFICIAL*** Match Thread

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No cameras and the window is shutting - so Murray goes missing by the sounds of it, there is a surprise. With Murray's talet he should be destrying this division, but take away the goals against W anderers and we have had from him.. ? A goal on tv against the saints. The rest of the players, well how dare us punters ask footballers to play two games in a week, dont we know they have golf to play in the afternoon? Poyet, give em a kick up the arse and extra training its not good enough.
!

I can't believe some people really believe shit like that

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
No cameras and the window is shutting - so Murray goes missing by the sounds of it, there is a surprise. With Murray's talet he should be destrying this division, but take away the goals against W anderers and we have had from him.. ? A goal on tv against the saints. The rest of the players, well how dare us punters ask footballers to play two games in a week, dont we know they have golf to play in the afternoon? Poyet, give em a kick up the arse and extra training its not good enough.

By the way well done Poyet for not "finding a place on the bench for Whing at Villa". Fck sake, the bloke gets paid to do a job and you dont ask to go on a business trip because you fancy it, its on business need. And these footballers think they are "professional"! Yeah right !

If Murray was able to play to the standard that he is capable of consistently, he wouldn't be our player and I would imagine that both Carlisle and Rochdale would be scratched from his history.

Deal with it.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
If Murray was able to play to the standard that he is capable of consistently, he wouldn't be our player and I would imagine that both Carlisle and Rochdale would be scratched from his history.

Deal with it.

Dont agree, Murray has talent but he needs Brian Clough to tell him he is shit, until Clough told him otherwise. However tonight was not just Marray by the sounds of it. Poye needs to pin up the league table and tell each and every one of them they are shit and responsble for that position, and now they had better earn ttheir highly paid 3rd division wages or else there will be trouble

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Dont agree, Murray has talent but he needs Brian Clough to tell him he is shit, until Clough told him otherwise. However tonight was not just Marray by the sounds of it. Poye needs to pin up the league table and tell each and every one of them they are shit and responsble for that position, and now they had better earn ttheir highly paid 3rd division wages or else there will be trouble

I've read and re-read that.

What?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've read and re-read that.

What?

Dont agree,

Jamie doens't agree with BoF

Murray has talent but he needs Brian Clough to tell him he is shit, until Clough told him otherwise.

Murray can be good, but he needs someone to tell him "You're shit. Don't think just because you get a couple of goals you're not shit anymore, I'll tell you when you're not shit" like Brian Clough would tell people.

However tonight was not just Marray by the sounds of it.

It sounded like the problem with today's game was not simply Murray wasn't good enough.

Poye needs to pin up the league table and tell each and every one of them they are shit and responsble for that position, and now they had better earn ttheir highly paid 3rd division wages or else there will be trouble

Mr Poyet could, as a motivational tactic, pin a copy of the current league table up, and explain to the players that it is because of their performances that Brighton are skirting the relegation zone. He can explain that this is not acceptable, and that they are paid well to play football and win games, and they have not done so frequently enough.

He should advise them that if their performances do not improve there will be repercussions.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Dont agree,

Murray has talent but he needs Brian Clough to tell him he is shit, until Clough told him otherwise.

Murray can be good, but he needs someone to tell him "You're shit. Don't think just because you get a couple of goals you're not shit anymore, I'll tell you when you're not shit" like Brian Clough would tell people.

It sounded like the problem with today's game was not simply Murray wasn't good enough.

Poye needs to pin up the league table and tell each and every one of them they are shit and responsble for that position, and now they had better earn ttheir highly paid 3rd division wages or else there will be trouble

Mr Poyet could, as a motivational tactic, pin a copy of the current league table up, and explain to the players that it is because of their performances that Brighton are skirting the relegation zone. He can explain that this is not acceptable, and that they are paid well to play football and win games, and they have not done so frequently enough.

He should advise them that if their performances do not improve there will be repercussions.

spot on explanation :thumbsup:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
For goalscoring I can't knock the bloke. As you say, if we had a few more players who chipped in with goals like he does we wouldn't be 20th in the league.

It's everything else about his game that annoys me. Tonight was a great example, a 90 minute illustration of why he's so bad. He gave the ball away continually when he did have it, although most of the time he wasn't even involved. He ran a lot, got forward, but again never quite gets in the right place to actually get the ball. He puts the effort in, I'll give him that, but at the end of the day he contributes literally nothing APART from a goal every few weeks. I've said it before, but is that enough to justify a place? For me it's not. I want midfielders who can pass the ball, spot an opening, get involved, be tough when they need to be. He does none of it, but there are obviously some people who are blinded by the fact he can put the ball in the net every so often.

So the guy gets us out of jail tonight & still you slag him off. Well I never! At least it sounded like your heart-throb had a good game tonight, so you'll be able to have a little wank over that (if your capable). But what about the rest of the team? Didn't sound like many Albion players tore up any trees really, particularly the only other 2 you seem to rate. I take it you actually went tonight - as seemingly you watched Andrew Crofts' every move & presumably delighted in his every failing? Even if you didn't grace the ground with your prescence, you're still a prick of the highest order, so congratulations to you for that. You make Withdean Wanderer sound like a level-headed, open-minded optimist by comparison. I just wish you'd piss off & support one of the top Premiership sides. Not only would it give some of us a rest from your daily dose of jumped-up bollocks; it'll probably be one of the very few environments where you might actually find another player or two who come close to achieving your impossibly lofty standards. In the meantime, thank f*** for the ignore list function on here.

Adiós tosser. :wave:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Shocking game. Was impressed with kuipers and crofts, but that's it. (Dunno what game TCB was watching, I thought crofts was the only player driving the team on, rest of midfield anonymous, but there you go)

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Dont agree,

Thank you.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Everything about tonight was shyte. Not just the football on display which obviously didn't help but the overzealous stewarding, the complete lack of atmosphere for the most part.. For me tonight summed up the general experience of watching football thesedays in this country, particularly in the lower leagues. I'm glad I play football saturdays and don't have to put myself through it week in, week out.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
For me it's not. I want midfielders who can pass the ball, spot an opening, get involved, be tough when they need to be. He does none of it, but there are obviously some people who are blinded by the fact he can put the ball in the net every so often.

Would "some people" include a certain Gus Poyet? He made him captain, has played him in nearly every game and praises him in the media:

England skipper backs Albion captain Crofts From The Argus)

Goal-happy Crofts is hot property From The Argus)

I think i'll trust the opinion of a man who's made around 400 appearances in the Primera Liga and the Premiership, won the FA cup, Copa del Rey and Cup Winners Cup thanks.

Oh aand John Toshack obviously doesn't think he's our worst player either:

Toshack call gives Crofts a lift From The Argus)

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I think the problem was we tried to play football (in the first half anyway) on what was one of the worst pitches I've ever seen at this level, in fact I think I play on better most weeks.

As much as it pains me to say it, we actually looked more effective when we threw Dicko on and just lumped it forward, winning throw-ins in attacking positions etc. They were utter dog shit and with the benefit of hindsight we should probably have played a more direct style from the first minute. Trying to play passing football when the ball is bouncing and bobbling around isn't easy and led to us conceding possession far too often in the middle third.

I thought Kuipers was superb last night, that save at the far end was first class and he couldn't do a lot about the goal. Why no-one got a tackle in on Pilkington I'll never know at they were playing with one up front so one of the centre halves really should have been able to step out and close him down quicker.

The midfield were undeniably poor, how that bleach blonde little shit Perkins kept winning headers against players a full six inches taller than him was a complete mystery.

I didn't think the Crofts "goal" crossed the line, we were stood (can I say that, has the nasty bald Mussolini-steward gone now?) about four seats from the goal-line end of the stand and it didn't look in to me, I think we all just thought that if we wished hard enough the linesman might let us have it.

I do like the way Poyet isn't afraid to throw attacking players on, much better than the days under Lloyd (for example) when we'd need a goal with 20 minutes left and just take one striker off and replace them with Simon Funnell.

To sum up, crap ground, crap pitch, crap performance, just praise the Lord for a point and that we don't have to live there.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
That was, for me, our worst performance of the season. Not in terms of being a disorganised shambles - we've had plenty of games more stunning in that department. But from purely a football point of view, it was abysmal. I am racking my brains to think of literally ANYTHING we did well. Bar Michel (who kept us in it) we were dire all over the pitch. As someone else said, the most undeserved point in a long time. And typically, in my opinion our worst player takes the glory for rolling one past their keeper that even I could have saved.

And it was me who sent WW the text about the "goal". From where I was standing I'd say it was comfortably over the line. The goalie was well back in his net and I could see post-net-ball from my side-on position, indicating it must have been well over.

TCB - I fully agree with your analysis but with the goaline incident, sounds like we standing very close to each other but I didnt think the whole ball crossed the line.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Back 4 to static, was inpressed with caldron, midfield didnt want to know, murray was shite forster not much better, as for dickinson and carole oh dear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here