Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport County v Brighton and Hove Albion ***OFFICIAL*** Match Thread

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Right, I am probablt the first to post who actually went to the game, posting from a hotel room in Stockport.

That was the most undeserved point I have seen for a very long time. First half fairly even a couple of chances either way and yes Forster prob should have scored but was hampered by an abosolute glue pot of a pitch.

Second half they scored a very good goal and should really have finished us off as we created nothing of note all half.

Then Crofts hits one from the edge of the area and alll is well and in fact we could have won it but I think we could have been arrested for theft if that had happened.

Oh and Stewards were the most jobsworth I have ever seen.
Sounds like we were lucky. How many supporters did we take do you think?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just got home from stockport. Shocking performance and we were very lucky to get a point. Pitch was awful but stockport seemed to be able to play ok on it. An evening to forget.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a surprise as Michel is the hero (again)

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
To be fair Kuipers was by far and away our best player today, he is the main reason why we didn't get beat tonight. As an aside the Stewards tonight were probably the worst I have ever experienced.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well as you were clearly there please feel free to put me right....

FACTS are that he made one good stop in the first half, one OUTSTANDING stop a few minutes before they scored, and a couple of others too. Compare that to the other ten who may as well not have been out there, and it's fair to say if anyone won us a point tonight it was him.

Just like you put us all to right when not attending a game - get medical attention for you disorder

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And typically, in my opinion our worst player takes the glory for rolling one past their keeper that even I could have saved.

I know you dislike the bloke, but he's currently on course for 10+ goals this season. From a central midfielder, I think at this level with our seemingly limited transfer budget, you've got to accept that that's a bloody good return for a central midfielder. And we didn't pay a penny for him. It's the rest of the team that need to start chipping in.

He may be limited, but he's effective.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
County fan here, just thought I'd share my opinion on the game as it is sometimes nice to hear what the other side thought.

Firstly very impressed with the turnout considering the distance, the tuesday night and the fact that a lot of you probably spent a lot going to Villa on Saturday. You brought quite a few more than Swindon did last Tuesday and they are playoff contenders, you also made a lot more noise.

The game, I'm pretty gutted. To be honest I thought we edged it for most of the match and although I am very biased I thought we deserved our first win since October 12th. I think if he had a striker on the pitch tonight we probably would have won.

I found it hard to pick out a stand out player from your team as none of them really seemed to be at the races. (Villa hangover possibly?) I know if they had been on their games we would have struggled because there is some real quality in that team. The three ex county players on the bench would walk into our team let alone most of the rest of your team. I assume McNulty is not match fit as I thought Painter was awful, Murray also had a poor game and we know how dangerous he can be. Dicker was another who seemed to struggle but maybe that stood out more because I am more aware of what he is capable of. I was sat behind the dugouts and Gus seemed really frustrated with the strikers. He was constantly screaming at them and didn't look impressed. I liked the position he gave Dicko when he came on, he had been on the pitch a few minutes and Gus shouted "Dicko!, just play everywhere."

I wouldn't take our recent awful form as an indication of our ability, since the loan players have come in we have really turned the corner and look like we will start beating teams soon. I think the run and our league position really makes us look a lot worse than we are.

Good luck for the rest of the season and please take points off all of the teams we need to catch to do the impossible and survive relegation.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
County fan here, just thought I'd share my opinion on the game as it is sometimes nice to hear what the other side thought.

Firstly very impressed with the turnout considering the distance, the tuesday night and the fact that a lot of you probably spent a lot going to Villa on Saturday. You brought quite a few more than Swindon did last Tuesday and they are playoff contenders, you also made a lot more noise.

The game, I'm pretty gutted. To be honest I thought we edged it for most of the match and although I am very biased I thought we deserved our first win since October 12th. I think if he had a striker on the pitch tonight we probably would have won.

I found it hard to pick out a stand out player from your team as none of them really seemed to be at the races. (Villa hangover possibly?) I know if they had been on their games we would have struggled because there is some real quality in that team. The three ex county players on the bench would walk into our team let alone most of the rest of your team. I assume McNulty is not match fit as I thought Painter was awful, Murray also had a poor game and we know how dangerous he can be. Dicker was another who seemed to struggle but maybe that stood out more because I am more aware of what he is capable of. I was sat behind the dugouts and Gus seemed really frustrated with the strikers. He was constantly screaming at them and didn't look impressed. I liked the position he gave Dicko when he came on, he had been on the pitch a few minutes and Gus shouted "Dicko!, just play everywhere."

I wouldn't take our recent awful form as an indication of our ability, since the loan players have come in we have really turned the corner and look like we will start beating teams soon. I think the run and our league position really makes us look a lot worse than we are.

Good luck for the rest of the season and please take points off all of the teams we need to catch to do the impossible and survive relegation.

Thanks for the view from the other side mate.

Hope you manage to sort out your financial situation very soon. :thumbsup:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
No cameras and the window is shutting - so Murray goes missing by the sounds of it, there is a surprise. With Murray's talet he should be destrying this division, but take away the goals against W anderers and we have had from him.. ? A goal on tv against the saints. The rest of the players, well how dare us punters ask footballers to play two games in a week, dont we know they have golf to play in the afternoon? Poyet, give em a kick up the arse and extra training its not good enough.

By the way well done Poyet for not "finding a place on the bench for Whing at Villa". Fck sake, the bloke gets paid to do a job and you dont ask to go on a business trip because you fancy it, its on business need. And these footballers think they are "professional"! Yeah right !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here