Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not worried at all.... Dont forget Watford are playing West Ham too...both cant win that!

We are fine

Yep, if Watford lose that then they are 2 points behind us with 2 games left - Man City and Arsenal. If West Ham lose then they remain 2 points back and play Villa last game. We could go down but those 2 fixtures mean it would take an extraordinary set of results to make it happen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yep, if Watford lose that then they are 2 points behind us with 2 games left - Man City and Arsenal. If West Ham lose then they remain 2 points back and play Villa last game. We could go down but those 2 fixtures mean it would take an extraordinary set of results to make it happen.

My rule of thumb on this is that ourselves, Arsenal & Everton will need to lose all remaining EPL fixtures for us to go down (except Everton Vs Sheff Utd .....they could win that one!) No draws.

They are:

Southampton vs Brighton
Brighton vs Newcastle
Burnley vs Brighton
Everton vs Villa
Villa vs Arsenal
Arsenal vs Watford
Everton vs Bournemouth

I got 113/1 on an accumulator for the first 4 fixtures and gave up adding the last 3!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I've bet £10 on Bournemouth, Villa and Southampton all to win.

It was 150/1 and for some reason they offered me a boost to about 190/1.

Of course, I never win £1900 gambling, so job done and breathe again.
Money well spent to sabotage Bournemouth, and an additional £5 invested in a Villa-Southampton double today at a less lucrative 7/1.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Money well spent to sabotage Bournemouth, and an additional £5 invested in a Villa-Southampton double today at a less lucrative 7/1.

Blimey! still going?

Had my wobble yesterday with a fiver free-bet wasted on Muff yesterday.

That's enough free money to the bookies for me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

yeah think will do this one.

Bournemouth were neve really going to get anything in that one despite coming very close

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Blimey! still going?

Had my wobble yesterday with a fiver free-bet wasted on Muff yesterday.

That's enough free money to the bookies for me.
Also got a £600 return if Albion win 2-1 and Mac Allister scores last.

One more week of bets and then a few weeks off to build up next season's betting kitty.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bournemouth are playing very well. Fully expecting them to get 6 pts.

A point should do it ( baring a villa mini miracle )

Lets just win tonight and be safe though

Lose tonight and pressure on Newcastle game ramps up further. We don't want or need that

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Also got a £600 return if Albion win 2-1 and Mac Allister scores last.

One more week of bets and then a few weeks off to build up next season's betting kitty.

You won't need to.

That double is coming IN!!

#Believe

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bournemouth are playing very well. Fully expecting them to get 6 pts.

A point should do it ( baring a villa mini miracle )

Lets just win tonight and be safe though

Lose tonight and pressure on Newcastle game ramps up further. We don't want or need that

Fully expecting Bournemouth to beat inform saints (have you seen their away record) and Everton ( again, have you seen their home record)!
Get on that double sharpish!!!

I would like us to get the points our self rather than be mathematically safe from another result.
It makes no real difference of course, just a nicer feeling to be victorious after a game than relieved by another's failure.

But much like our first Prem season, we will have been safe for a lot longer than we realised.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
4 points from 3 games and we are absolutely safe. Could be down to 2 points needed before we play tonight.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
IF we win tonight and I’d be reasonably confident that we will finish above Palace and secure our highest PL finish.

Don’t think we’ll win though. Draw will keep us up if Villa don’t win.

A loss could mean that we need a point from either Newcastle or Burnley if Bournemouth win their remaining 2 games and/or Villa win 2 and draw 1. Also, West Ham and Watford would need a couple of results. A draw in their game against each other would be the best result for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here