Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If Brighton and Burnley are both safe before they play, ,just who will bother turning up.
Potter will probably field the U23's anyway.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Brighton and Burnley are both safe before they play, ,just who will bother turning up.
He can only field U23s who have been in the Covid-19 testing program - of which I think there are only 4 or 5 ( Richards, Cochrane, Roberts... ? ? ).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

All the other teams we've played have put in a decent professional effort. Besides, if we beat Newcastle, then we could potentially leapfrog both Palace and Newcastle by beating Burnley. That's an extra £5m in prize money!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
All the other teams we've played have put in a decent professional effort. Besides, if we beat Newcastle, then we could potentially leapfrog both Palace and Newcastle by beating Burnley. That's an extra £5m in prize money!

Can you tell the team that please.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
We will lose that one 1-0 in the shittest game of the season. Fact.

Oh we probably will, we are Albion after all and more than adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and I still haven't forgiven them for handing Newcastle the Championship title. But once, just once Albion please end the season on a high and completely batter Burnley.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He can only field U23s who have been in the Covid-19 testing program - of which I think there are only 4 or 5 ( Richards, Cochrane, Roberts... ? ? ).

Richards, Cochrane, Roberts and Teddy Jenks (and of course Connolly, Lamptey, Alzate and MacAllister!)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Southampton have been playing like a team possessed with seemingly little to play for, as have Burnley to be fair - especially given all their injuries and such, stubborn barely describes how they've been going at it. The 2 standout teams that really don't seem to have turned up after lockdown are Everton and Palace.

Will be interesting whether we let out a huge breathe of air and are entirely toothless for our last 2, or whether their is a real sense of fight and grit about us and we really play with a bit of freedom and spirit.

Beat Newcastle and Burnley and it's entirely possible we'll finish 13th above Newcastle and Palace, that might be as much as £4-5m in additional prize money – given the Covid loses, I think everyone at the club will be focused on that being a prize worth playing for.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can you tell the team that please.

I'm sure both the club management and coaching staff are fully aware of the financial implications of finishing a position or 2 higher in the table. I'm confident that professional pride will still play a part as well.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
But what is required is actually:

We lose both games, heavily.

Villa OR Bournemouth win both games by big margins.

AND West Ham get at least three more points (but remember they've lost to Villa in one scenario above, and they play Man Utd in the other game)

AND Watford get at least three more points and significantly improved GD (but remember if they beat West Ham, the lie above becomes unlikely, and their following game is Man City)

I appreciate there is no logical case for us going down. I’m just cautious when it comes to the Albion - a DJ Nobo thing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thank you to everyone who spunked their money on relegation insurance bets. Your contributions to survival are worthy.

Maybe over the weekend I'll find and post the thread where [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION] stated we wouldn't beat last season's points total and then disappeared when I asked him to put his money where his mouth was. The £10 hedge against that at 10/1 won't be missed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe over the weekend I'll find and post the thread where [MENTION=1483]London Irish[/MENTION] stated we wouldn't beat last season's points total and then disappeared when I asked him to put his money where his mouth was. The £10 hedge against that at 10/1 won't be missed.

There are a number of posters who were so incensed by CH’s sacking that it appeared they almost wanted Potter to fail :shrug:

I kind of get it as I felt exactly the same when Cattlin was sacked and I was one of the few who thought McGhee was treated shabbily.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Weirder things have happened than villa and Bournemouth winning their last two games, and improving their GD.
But they would need us to lose our last two. Unlikely, going on our play since the restart.
It would be great to see a couple of statement performances from the Albion.

Leicester winning the PL at 5000/1, is the only weirder league outcome I can think of.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Leicester winning the PL at 5000/1, is the only weirder league outcome I can think of.

Oh right, so you’re just writing off the prospect of Watford beating city and arsenal, us getting battered by four or five by Newcastle and Burnley, And Villa smashing Arsenal and Possibly West Ham, for good measure.
We will see Mr Weststander, we will see.
But don’t come crying to me, on the way to Rotherham.

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
DJ NOBO needs our support. He doesn't want to be like this, he's just very, very worried.

We're here for you DJN. :hug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

There are a number of posters who were so incensed by CH’s sacking that it appeared they almost wanted Potter to fail :shrug:

You have to remember that in this case, @GB is talking of a poster so bitter, that to this day, he retains a lengthy signature in his posts about Mark McGhee!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here