Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
1000/1 if you don't and fancy a bet

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Your bum may be squeaking Sir.

It might very well be chirping like a caged canary knowing it’s about to be taken to a gas filled cave to meet it’s end.

It could be, like Richard Gere, that you’ve undertaken a cruel and wretched practice involving rubber tubing whilst your invader pokes his distressed little head out and squeals his lament to any passing rodent who’ll listen.

But this sort of squeaking is of no comparison.

If you were to navigate the rear crevasse of a certain Mr Howe, you would hear a squeaking so incredibly loud, so ear shatteringly penetrable that it would be as if you’d just witnessed a group jump of a thousand lemmings all screaming forth their demise in unison.

But wait, if you were to roll over a sleeping Mr Grealish and cup your ear to his lower blow hole, the squeak your ears would behold would be louder than the wail of a thousand Roland-The-Rats being entered posteriorly for the first time by their evil puppet master overlords with out so mush as a dash of butter.

Imagine that if you will.

Perspective dear boy. Perspective.

Everything will be just dandy.

Time to :bounce::bounce: this beauty as one of my favourite "Licker" vs "Bedwetter" posts of recent years.

Hats off to you sir.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's done, very likely would have been fine even without this point.

Bit unlucky its not "technically" done yet - would have been fun to see the team play without any pressure at all.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Weirder things have happened than villa and Bournemouth winning their last two games, and improving their GD.
But they would need us to lose our last two. Unlikely, going on our play since the restart.
It would be great to see a couple of statement performances from the Albion.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Weirder things have happened than villa and Bournemouth winning their last two games, and improving their GD.
But they would need us to lose our last two. Unlikely, going on our play since the restart.
I would love it, love it if we completely Battered the ginger daleks Burnley on their own sh--heap last game of the season 0-5.

:rave:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Even if they both won by a 2 goal margin in both games and we lost by a 2 goal margin in both, we’d still stay up. (Villa could win both by 3 goals and we’d stay up!) How weird do you need things to get? :lolol:

That’s even before you consider whether Watford or West Ham get to 37 points.

Agree with 2 big performances to 40 points or more. However they’ve put a lot into getting here mentally and physically. I’m not going to get too disheartened if they’re not the big statement performances we might want.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Even if they both won by a 2 goal margin in both games and we lost by a 2 goal margin in both, we’d still stay up. (Villa could win both by 3 goals and we’d stay up!) How weird do you need things to get? :lolol:

Agree with 2 big performances to 40 points or more. However they’ve put a lot into getting here mentally and physically. I’m not going to get too disheartened if they’re not the big statement performances we might want.

If Watford and West Ham draw tonight they are both on 35 meaning Villa and Bournemouth both have to win both games just to overtake them. However, Villa play West Ham so both of those teams cannot win all their remaining games. Watford's last two games are Arsenal and City which is very likely to leave them stuck on whatever they finish with tonight - so either level with us with a worse goal difference or below us on points.

We're done here - though you and I both thought that when this thread was started :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Thank you to everyone who spunked their money on relegation insurance bets. Your contributions to survival are worthy.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

I thought we were going down last season too. I’ll have more faith next season !

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Thank you to everyone who spunked their money on relegation insurance bets. Your contributions to survival are worthy.

Indeed....

I fully support insurance betting, it is a cornerstone of a successful wager strategy. However a few key things that underpin all of my betting:

-Never back against us
-Never back the South London Comedy Collective
-Never back Manure
-Never back the Great Unwashed (Cellic)

all these folk having £5 here and there on us getting relegated at 25-1 need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Pathetic I say.....

TNBA

TTF

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But they would need us to lose our last two.

But what is required is actually:

We lose both games, heavily.

Villa OR Bournemouth win both games by big margins.

AND West Ham get at least three more points (but remember they've lost to Villa in one scenario above, and they play Man Utd in the other game)

AND Watford get at least three more points and significantly improved GD (but remember if they beat West Ham, the lie above becomes unlikely, and their following game is Man City)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, worth noting we were only 2 points clear of the drop zone before lockdown. That gap is now 6, having played City, Utd, Leicester, Arsenal and Liverpool. Good effort from our squad to be safe with 2 games to spare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here