Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Manchester Evening News suggesting Citeh could make eight changes ahead of their FA Cup semi-final.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mine too. We can do without too many more freak results like plucky turning over Leicester.

I hope that I am not going to be watching tonight’s game from behind my sofa through my hands over my face. I fear I will be though.....we don’t do things the easy way and I really hope we can put this to bed tomorrow after Muff defeat and at least a point from Saints. Ever the optimist :lolol: ( no, not really :down:)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester Evening News suggesting Citeh could make eight changes ahead of their FA Cup semi-final.

This is the worry, what have they got to play for now? Europe assured and other more important irons in the fire. Who will want to risk an injury, really hope Pep loves us enough to tell them to really go for it!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'd still be reasonably confident if Citeh played their 3rd squad, such is the quality and size.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I hope that I am not going to be watching tonight’s game from behind my sofa through my hands over my face. I fear I will be though.....we don’t do things the easy way and I really hope we can put this to bed tomorrow after Muff defeat and at least a point from Saints. Ever the optimist :lolol: ( no, not really :down:)

I've seen this written a few times over the last week, but I'm fairly sure it's a myth. Got any examples?

Edit to add: I can think of plenty of recent, and not so recent, examples of us doing things the easy way as well!

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've seen this written a few times over the last week, but I'm fairly sure it's a myth. Got any examples?

Edit to add: I can think of plenty of recent, and not to recent, examples of us doing things the easy way as well!

How about blowing the Championship and last season, not to forget the failed play offs. Palace game aside it’s all been great nailbiting fun. I could do with a nothing to play for last 6 or 7 games next season in the PL though :smile:

Edit - the end of last season was not fun in anyway!

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Rather than resurrect my Officially Safe thread when Sky didn't show us in the relegation league, I'll mention here about BBC 5Live Tuesday Night Club.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000l5gh from 1:33:50 they discuss who will be relegated. During the 15 minute chat the team all agree Norwich, B'Muff & Villa will go down but no-one mentioned Brighton even once as an outsider. Pack yer bags and go on holiday.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How about blowing the Championship and last season, not to forget the failed play offs. Palace game aside it’s all been great nailbiting fun. I could do with a nothing to play for last 6 or 7 games next season in the PL though :smile:

Play offs don't really count as they're a lottery with only 1 out of 4 teams succeeding. I'm talking about situations where we've been in a position of strength and then allowed others to get back into it through dropping points unnecessarily. The Championship 2 seasons ago is the only example I can think of, but that was purely down to the players having achieved their objective and gone on a 2 week bender. I can think of plenty of examples were we've made things easy for ourselves, and also examples where we've overcome the odds and hauled ourselves out of the relegation zone, or into the play off positions, in the last couple of games in a season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Rather than resurrect my Officially Safe thread when Sky didn't show us in the relegation league, I'll mention here about BBC 5Live Tuesday Night Club.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000l5gh from 1:33:50 they discuss who will be relegated. During the 15 minute chat the team all agree Norwich, B'Muff & Villa will go down but no-one mentioned Brighton even once as an outsider. Pack yer bags and go on holiday.

Bookies are also not offering odds on Brighton to survive.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Lawro must have been at lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So... All aboard the Man City beating Bmuff tonight bus.. preferably by 3+ goals or 5+ goals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here