Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STH +3 - a fair solution?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Should also add I have no problem with people taking their family/friends and being high up priority so they can sit together, that is common sense, but my problem is the people that don't want their +3 and are offering them around to anybody. Strikes me as a very strange system

I have to agree with you on this point.
The offering around to anybody bit I mean

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Should also add I have no problem with people taking their family/friends and being high up priority so they can sit together, that is common sense, but my problem is the people that don't want their +3 and are offering them around to anybody. Strikes me as a very strange system

I totally agree. Exceptions could be made for children, STH, etc on an individual basis.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So someone that doesn't have a ticket currently but wants one at the AMEX would be put of buying because they come behind current season ticket holders?
How many of the +3's are actually going to sit together anyway, already been posts on here where people have advertised there +3's

Of course brand new STH's will come of their own accord without knowing an existing STH, the club are banking on it.

Comparitively few people will know someone who's been a STH at Withdean for 9+ years, but its a fair bet that those who HAVE been going for this length of time, ie the diehard fans, will prove to be excellent recruitment agents for the club in creating up to 3 brand new (or lapsed) STH's who may not otherwise have bothered committing to a season ticket at the Amex. It makes smart business sense.

I'm going to use my +3 on my son (15, on his 3rd season ticket), a mate who has been a STH for 7 of the last 9 seasons, and his young son who is on his 1st season ticket. So thats hopefully now taking care of 3 new "die-hards" for the club. If you can explain to me how that is a bad thing, then I am all ears.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So the alternative is what ? Take the longest-standing 9-year STH's who actually want to actively recruit the clubs NEXT generation of STH's, and either knock them to the back of the queue or tell them that no, actually, they'll have to sit on their own ? If you want to go about knocking a few thousand off the total number of STH's at the Amex then THAT, sir, is exactly the way to go about it.

Thats "common sense" is it ? :facepalm:

Who are you kidding..'going around recruiting'.....?

Those johnny come latelys hanging on to the coat-tails ofa 9+STH are going because it's a good stadium after all the awful years at theWithdean. They're going because they WANT to....not because of any advertising/media sales you appear to be suggesting.

'Recruitment' my arse......LOL...!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm gonna stalk you, that's why!!!!!! Being serious I just wondered how you'd feel if you had been allocated a mid Feb appointment

I though Priority 5 or whatever it was would solve this.

Let's just suppose you've made your mind up to sit central north stand with the mates you've sat in the Withdean cold with for years, and let's say your STH letter was held up in the post (snow) and when you eventually received it you phoned the ticket line and got a mid February appointment. Then you find out that your Chelsea loving neighbour, who has taken the piss out of you for years for following the Albion and his last Albion match was the play off final, knows a STH who has an appointment at the beginning of January. When you compare your Falmer seats, he has North Stand Central and you have North Stand front row, extreme left. How would you feel? common sense?

But I didn't get a mid-Feb appointment, because I'm a 9-year mug and I got on the blower as soon as I got the number. Yes of course I would have been peeved if I'd have been further down the line (being as I am what the club have termed a Priority 1), but thats why they've prioritised it, so this doesn't happen.

As for your potential tale, there are an infinite number of scenarios that could unfold. The postman could steam my letter open and steal my identity. A freak breeze could blow my letter into a delivery van bound for Gretna. I might suffer a blow to the head, and for the next three months be under the fervant belief that I am a fan of Dover Athletic.

The point is, there are an infinite set of sob-story scenarios, all of them in varying degrees of "deservedness". Impossible to cover them all though, isn't it ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Who are you kidding..'going around recruiting'.....?

Those johnny come latelys hanging on to the coat-tails ofa 9+STH are going because it's a good stadium after all the awful years at theWithdean. They're going because they WANT to....not because of any advertising/media sales you appear to be suggesting.

'Recruitment' my arse......LOL...!

Oh and how AWFUL of them !

And who said anything about advertising/media ?? Its just some mug who's had the last 9 years being RAINED on bringing along some friends/family to the new gaff.

Sorry, but you are eventually going to have to come round to the fact that the club NEEDS as many johnny-come-latelys as it can possibly get. I wouldn't describe any of the +3 I'll be bringing as JCL's anyway - 2 kids (one x3 years of season tickets, 1 an 8 year old on his first) and the other is a dad who's been a STH for 7 of the last 9 and followed the club home and away all his life.

I'll tell them to piss off though shall I.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But I didn't get a mid-Feb appointment, because I'm a 9-year mug and I got on the blower as soon as I got the number. Yes of course I would have been peeved if I'd have been further down the line (being as I am what the club have termed a Priority 1), but thats why they've prioritised it, so this doesn't happen.

As for your potential tale, there are an infinite number of scenarios that could unfold. The postman could steam my letter open and steal my identity. A freak breeze could blow my letter into a delivery van bound for Gretna. I might suffer a blow to the head, and for the next three months be under the fervant belief that I am a fan of Dover Athletic.

The point is, there are an infinite set of sob-story scenarios, all of them in varying degrees of "deservedness". Impossible to cover them all though, isn't it ?

Ok, let's put it another way. I and my mates have been STH since the Goldstone, incl Gillingham and we still haven't received our letters. Ok NSC tells us what to do but believe it or not, not everyone reads or believes NSC and are dutifully waiting for their letters to arrive.....meanwhile johnny come lately is sorted!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But I didn't get a mid-Feb appointment,.............. Yes of course I would have been peeved if I'd have been further down the line (being as I am what the club have termed a Priority 1), but thats why they've prioritised it, so this doesn't happen.

Exactly......you would have been peeved if you had been further down the line........Thankyou. Having read your posts for years now...(most of which I'm in agreement with you) I,ll take 'peeved' to really mean....livid.

You do understand don't you, that some PRIORITY ONE STH's could potentially find 9000 seats already gone before their presentation date because of this flawed johhny come lately policy...?

Incidentally, according to the club/distributing organisation, you didn;t get an early presentation appointment because you got on the 'blower' first....it was done in 'apparently' block order....the order which, the club are as I understand it...refusing to divulge.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
STH+3 can be called many things. But 'fair' is not one of them. If a group of four goes to Withdean currently on an STH basis, they'll only still need the same number of tickets at Falmer as they do now. Like someone said up top, STH+3 simply allows up to three randoms to queue jump. Really think the club have lost the plot on this one. They need to think carefully about who they treat fairly on the way up, cos they'll meet those same people on the way down, once the randoms have long since jumped ship.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am not too happy about this plus 3 business either. Have been a season ticket holder for 7 years at withers and at the goldstone, the only time I did not have one was when I was studying. So I am a cat 4 and my appointment is on 3th Feb by which time it is more than possible that all the £395 seats will have gone, All the seats at the back of the north stand I imagine will have already been snapped up too. The fact that many of those seats will be taken by those fair weather fans or people that have just piggybacked on someone else is really not on.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Oh and how AWFUL of them !

And who said anything about advertising/media ?? Its just some mug who's had the last 9 years being RAINED on bringing along some friends/family to the new gaff.

Sorry, but you are eventually going to have to come round to the fact that the club NEEDS as many johnny-come-latelys as it can possibly get. I wouldn't describe any of the +3 I'll be bringing as JCL's anyway - 2 kids (one x3 years of season tickets, 1 an 8 year old on his first) and the other is a dad who's been a STH for 7 of the last 9 and followed the club home and away all his life.

I'll tell them to piss off though shall I.

Stop being so churlish.

The ST policy that the club have adopted is allowing potentially thousands of johhny come latelys, pick prime viewing seats BEFORE many 9+ STH's, when the club clearly and many times stated and intimated that ALL long-standing STH's would be rewarded for their loyalty. We are clearly miles apart in what we consider 'reward' for loyalty.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I reckon this is the biggest Falmer myth on the market. Yes, it's a lovely stadium with fantastic facilities and we'll all rightly be very happy with it, but the view will not be any better than any other stadium. Dare I say it, the view will be no better than the South Stand at Withdean. It is just a raised platform for looking at a pitch when you strip everything away, and if there are no pillars then it's identical to everywhere else. It's not the club's fault I know, it's just a fact that in football grounds anything very high or very low, plus parts in the corners, will have a poor/mediocre view. Because of this decision I think Withdean STHs will end up in these places.

and if the view is so good why do we have to tempt the JCLs with priority choice?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Because it gives them a chance to sit with their mates instead a bunch of ungrateful bitching whiners perhaps?

i cant see why you are being so defensive. Yes we all love the club but not to the point of blind stupidity. Ungrateful bitching whiners? - ungrateful for what? sitting for years in the wet and cold when all we had was hope - hope for a brighter future and a brilliant new stadium with a promise that our loyalty wouldn't be forgotten.

ps - they won't need first dibs to sit with their mates. If their mates want to sit with the JCLs then then can forfeit their priority

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
i cant see why you are being so defensive. Yes we all love the club but not to the point of blind stupidity. Ungrateful bitching whiners? - ungrateful for what? sitting for years in the wet and cold when all we had was hope - hope for a brighter future and a brilliant new stadium with a promise that our loyalty wouldn't be forgotten.

Well said. After sitting in the shit and rain for 9 years I think the very least you should be rewarded with priority over non season ticket holders. I am now already having to accept that by the time my appointment comes round the better seats will have already been snapped up. Not happy about that.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If they did change the policy to stop the JCL's as you put it, they are also going to have to change the policy towards the kids, as with my grandson who has had a season ticket longer than some of these P4's who are moaning about their position in the order. They would then also push some of these moaners further down the list.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Are we all done for now....?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here