Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STH +3 - a fair solution?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So what priority would you have given to a priority 1 who has been paying for a kids season ticket for 5-6 years who don't even get a priority.
I will be buying 4 tickets 2 for my grandsons and 1 for my son who is priority 4. What priority would you give for my case?

AFTER the priority 1 group who DID NOT want additional tickets.

Imagine you were already at the Amex and you wanted additional seats for your grandsons and you wanted to sit together. Do you really think it would be right to remove the existing season ticket holders who sit next to you,and move them to another part of the ground which is not their preferred option....?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If you're a P1 then you can get 3 additional tickets for your son and 2 grandsons. So whats the issue there ?

No problem for me and I am happy with the system. I was trying to show how hard it is for the club to make everyone happy.
You see in the eyes of some on here my son is jumping the line.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
AFTER the priority 1 group who DID NOT want additional tickets.

Imagine you were already at the Amex and you wanted additional seats for your grandsons and you wanted to sit together. Do you really think it would be right to remove the existing season ticket holders who sit next to you,and move them to another part of the ground which is not their preferred option....?

But they are already all season ticket holders
Can you imagine the administration nightmare the club would have in trying to find out what priority 1 STH's would want to buy extra before they invite anyone?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No problem for me and I am happy with the system. I was trying to show how hard it is for the club to make everyone happy.
You see in the eyes of some on here my son is jumping the line.

Precisely, its impossible for the club to make everyone happy.
And whilst your son is "jumping the line" to an extent (as is mine, who's only been going 3 years), its the likes of our sons and your grandchildren who are the future fanbase of this club. We've lost a whole generation of fans since 1997, this is as good a way I can think of to get them back.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But they are already all season ticket holders

But not 'long standing' season ticket holders are they...? The same as two of my younger sons.

The whole idea was surely to reward 'long standing' ticket holders.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And they have - the long-standing STH's get to sit with their friends and family in the area of their choice.

So let's make this clear.

You want a ST at Falmer, and you are certain to get one, Tony Bloom has stuck £90m+ of his own money into this and you are still whining, because the club has not bowed and scraped to you enough.

There is NO way that the +3 is going to be taken up by all those who could possibly use it, even if say, 1,000 +3's make their choice, then you still have approximately 16,000 seats available to choose from, but that is not good enough for you.

With respect that's utter cock.

First of all your maths is up the creek. 2,500 1901 + 2,500 away + your hypothesis of 1,000 + 3,000 = 9,000 does not leave approximately 16,000.

Whether it's 9 or 13000 thousand seats that have already gone it's not the numbers it's the prinicple. I'm glad you think that potentially 6,000 people who may never have been to the Withdean can be in the queue for Falmer ahead of more deserving people.

Your sentiment for our benefactor is admirable except that the decisions being taken are for commercial and not sentimental reasons. Yes there needs to be a balance and what I am saying is that the balance is not right. I'm not asking for them to bow or scrape or anything except put more of an emphasis on people who have shown steadfast loyalty in a crap environment but who seem to have ended up much further down the queue than they were expecting.

As I said perhaps some sort of consultation would have been an idea, particularly over such an emotive subject. Personaly I expected to be one of the first 4 - 5,000 to choose a seat of my choice - not pushed back to potentially number 10,000 +

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If the club want your 2 young sons to continue as season ticket holders at the Amex with you for the long term, then they're not going to manage that by telling you that you can't sit with them unless you hang back till all the other STH's have got theirs are they. Hows that fair ?

As for my "arrogance" - f*** you and the horse you rode in on. If you can point to one "arrogant" post I've made on that thread then I will apologise profusely and ask for the mods to remove it. All I've done is start a thread about appointment times out of interest to see how thats panning out (and mine, for what its worth, is on the 14th not the 10th).

But it wouldn't be after ALL other STH's.....just after those who wished to buy single tickets.Taking into account the 1901 club, I would guess that this would be about 2000.....( I doubt very much that there are more than 3000 STH's who have had their tickets for 9+ years). 2000 seats taken by this group would be unlikely to restrict the choice of those of us wishing for additional tickets. However, (and I am included in this group), it is possible for up to 9000 seats to be taken by the time I'm given the opportunity to choose a seat....whether I wanted additional tickets or not. ( I am, incidentally Priority 1).

There are not 9000 seats available in the North Stand for example....or 9000 seats available for £395 in the West Stand..........in fact there are no 9000 seats available in any one price band. Therefore it is possible/probable that the choice for those whose presentation is not until the 25th Jan will be considerably restricted.

A poorly thought out 'plan' by the Board.....IMHO.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm a bit surprised that a lot of people are shocked about the STH+3 rule; it's been common knowledge for months hasn't it? I can understand why people are browned off but where were all the posts of protest when the news came out?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm a bit surprised that a lot of people are shocked about the STH+3 rule; it's been common knowledge for months hasn't it? I can understand why people are browned off but where were all the posts of protest when the news came out?

Maybe because common sense would have said that those who want additional seats should have come AFTER those STH's who just want single tickets.....?

Oops..! Sorry...'common sense' and Ken brown don't exactly go together.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But it wouldn't be after ALL other STH's.....just after those who wished to buy single tickets.Taking into account the 1901 club, I would guess that this would be about 2000.....( I doubt very much that there are more than 3000 STH's who have had their tickets for 9+ years). 2000 seats taken by this group would be unlikely to restrict the choice of those of us wishing for additional tickets. However, (and I am included in this group), it is possible for up to 9000 seats to be taken by the time I'm given the opportunity to choose a seat....whether I wanted additional tickets or not. ( I am, incidentally Priority 1).

There are not 9000 seats available in the North Stand for example....or 9000 seats available for £395 in the West Stand..........in fact there are no 9000 seats available in any one price band. Therefore it is possible/probable that the choice for those whose presentation is not until the 25th Jan will be considerably restricted.

A poorly thought out 'plan' by the Board.....IMHO.

The club have had to strike up an almost impossible balance between loyalty, economics, and (most importantly) maximising bums on seats. There is absolutely no way they were going to please everyone with this, without perhaps going down a fabulously complex and convoluted route of P1 STH's and the potential additions they are entitled to bring along according to the number of years "under" the 9-year threshold they've been going.

As it stands, not all the P1's will take up their +3 entitlement anyway. Its all well and good talking about "the principal" of it all, but principals don't make inroads into a £93 million pound bill. They've done what they can in my opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe because common sense would have said that those who want additional seats should have come AFTER those STH's who just want single tickets.....?

Oops..! Sorry...'common sense' and Ken brown don't exactly go together.

Even if those who want to sit with someone and bring new support to the club have been going for 9+ years....?
Thats not "common sense". Its unfair and bad for business.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
The thing is that even if you don't get your ideal seat for the first season, I'm sure it'll be possible to go on some form of waiting list for other areas of the ground for future seasons.

Unless Ken Brown hasn't thought of this...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hang on - what's with all these sons and grandsons. I'm NOT sitting with a load of kids. They're up and down to the toilet and the chip van all game.

You're on the same appointment as me :thumbsup:

Anyway, there'll be so much legroom there you won't have to get up. The kids will be able to wander past 2-abreast.

On their bikes.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have never had a season ticket. Ever.
I have been to about 3 Albion games in the last 5 years.

I do, however, have a friend who has one of the first presentation dates (10th Jan, I think?) and has offered me one of his +3's.

So apart from 1901 Club I get first choice of seats at the Amex.

I have declined the offer as I cannot commit to 23 games a season, but the point remains that it is a hopelessly flawed and unfair system that allows scenarios like this to occur. What were the Board thinking?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Hang on - what's with all these sons and grandsons. I'm NOT sitting with a load of kids. They're up and down to the toilet and the chip van all game.

Hang on just a goddarn pickin' minute - I rely on that to insure we score; guaranteed if we're struggling for a breakthrough, my boy goes off to the portacabin beneath and we always get a goal.

Just like my Mum sparking up at the bus-stop in Union Road ALWAYS made the No.6 bus come round the corner. Fact.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Even if those who want to sit with someone and bring new support to the club have been going for 9+ years....?
Thats not "common sense". Its unfair and bad for business.

Nonsense.

For those who want additional tickets it is THEIR choice, therefore have to decide what's more important to them....sitting with their johnny come-lately mates, or having a good choice of all seating areas. Some of those who are way down the presentation list are liable to get a restricted choice of seating area. If you can't see or understand this blatantly obvious point of view...I'm sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here