Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

STH +3 - a fair solution?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Because with my season ticket I am priority four, but if I go as a plus one I will be in priority one, and therefore get to sit with the people I do now. Your telling me that I can simply jump to priority one with my current season ticket as I want to sit with priority ones?

Admittedly it won't make much difference as it will all be in my name, only if they were planning on giving away priority to people who have had long-standing season tickets. Hopefully I was wrong about that then.

The database will see you as a continuos STH. Unless of course they zero everyone for the start of the new era!

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009
i do n't know why you are all getting your knickers in a twist about this. in my experience since gillingham the club makes promises then does something else to maximize profit get used to it i have

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
i do n't know why you are all getting your knickers in a twist about this. in my experience since gillingham the club makes promises then does something else to maximize profit get used to it i have

*cough* lifetime away membership scheme *cough* :whistle:

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
time for the club to step in with some answers.......

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I have never had a season ticket. Ever.
I have been to about 3 Albion games in the last 5 years.

I do, however, have a friend who has one of the first presentation dates (10th Jan, I think?) and has offered me one of his +3's.

So apart from 1901 Club I get first choice of seats at the Amex.

I have declined the offer as I cannot commit to 23 games a season, but the point remains that it is a hopelessly flawed and unfair system that allows scenarios like this to occur. What were the Board thinking?

Which is precisely why the system is a crock of shit. It completely stinks. I am going to be seriously f***ed off if I don't manage to get a seat in the section of the ground I would like to, when there is a very real possibility of someone being there that has never been to Withdean in their life. Very. Very. Wrong.

All this talk of "must do everything we can to encourage new fans" is all well and good, EXCEPT when it comes at the expense of exisiting fans.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have never had a season ticket. Ever.
I have been to about 3 Albion games in the last 5 years.

I do, however, have a friend who has one of the first presentation dates (10th Jan, I think?) and has offered me one of his +3's.

So apart from 1901 Club I get first choice of seats at the Amex.

I have declined the offer as I cannot commit to 23 games a season, but the point remains that it is a hopelessly flawed and unfair system that allows scenarios like this to occur. What were the Board thinking?

Big cheers Bry for illustrating perfectly the sloppy (lack of) thinking by the Board. :thumbsup:

As I posted elsewhere, the club need to be very careful who they treat fairly on the way up, because they'll meet these same people on the way down. And people have long memories, even the ones the club take utterly for granted.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
how long before the Argus spot this thread, then run an exclusive?

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I would imagine that most current STH's also do not want to see the place filled with glory hunters so will be discerning in just who they take as their +3 and make these family members or genuine fans.

I think there's a little 'panic buying syndrome' here. I know there are loads out there who will want to jump on the Falmer bandwagon but that's not the same as those who will commit to season tickets.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would imagine that most current STH's also do not want to see the place filled with glory hunters so will be discerning in just who they take as their +3 and make these family members or genuine fans.

I think there's a little 'panic buying syndrome' here. I know there are loads out there who will want to jump on the Falmer bandwagon but that's not the same as those who will commit to season tickets.

good points and hopefully you will be proved right. The STH +3 system is deeply flawed and it's a matter or principle and the Board's reluctance to explain.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think every option they couyld have chosen will have flaws.

This seems not to have been the best for a lot of peole but i reckon it's an honest attempt to solve the unsolvable.

for myself, i've not been able to afford a season ticket but have been putting aside each week for Falmer. i have 2 Albion supporting sons and a nephew, all of whom work most Saturdays so also do not have season tickets. We are hoping to get 2 seasons between the 4 of us.

i reckon most people who have been staunch Albion fans for years would probably know a STH or 2.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Three is over the top. I don't think anyone would have had a problem if it been the option of one extra for every season ticket holder. I live in London but have been a season ticket holder for seven out of the 10 seasons at Withdean (and went to a substantial proportion of Gillingham games) but will be in the lowest priority group and have already resigned myself to having very little choice about where my seat will be.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Which is precisely why the system is a crock of shit. It completely stinks. I am going to be seriously f***ed off if I don't manage to get a seat in the section of the ground I would like to, when there is a very real possibility of someone being there that has never been to Withdean in their life. Very. Very. Wrong.

All this talk of "must do everything we can to encourage new fans" is all well and good, EXCEPT when it comes at the expense of exisiting fans.

Don't worry, I doubt that there will be many fans who have been absent from Withdean who buy a new ST as a +3. If they didn't go to Withdean they are unlikely to buy a ST at Falmer. See the guy who you replied to as the first example of this.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here