Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Coppell - He's a coming, he's a coming!!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
return of another manager who was great in thier first stint here. Can only hope if he does come the same thing doesnt happen to him that happened to Adams..
It won't. Adams was doomed from the day he walked into the job, after the way Wilkins was treated. The squad was largely Wilkins' youth players, and they just didn't perform for Adams, which is why Slade released most of them at the end of the season.

Coppell comes in with no attatchments, so will be starting afresh with most of the players. He's proven to be a success at this and the next level, and no doubt will still be at reading if the funding wasn't pulled from under him. If Coppell decides he wants the job, it's exciting times for us Albion fans:falmer::yahoo:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
For those that dont want coppell coming back cos he`s ex-palace, oh please do us a favour, what the hell does that matter, as for his record last time, he may have cocked up a couple of games during his stint, preston at home being one of them perhaps, but overall his record was superb and if he`d been appointed from the summer instead of during the season we would have stayed up that season, no doubt about it.

He`s our best chance at this time, he`ll certainly sort out the defence, he`s got great contacts and respect throughout the game with regards to some quality loan signings, I just cant believe we`ll be that lucky to get him.

Heard him on the radio talking about his career few months ago and he was asked what he was doing with himself as he had left reading and he said he was spending his time studying the latest training and coaching techniques from the best managers/clubs and coaches around the world, as he felt there was some new techniques out there that he wanted to use for a future team of his and to modernize himself so he didnt fall behind.

How many managers do that when they`re waiting for another job to pop up, not many I fancy! Very intelligent bloke, very good tactician, have him as manager anytime.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think Coppell has unfinished business at the club. He came to the Falmer marches when he was manager of Reading and it would be fantastic if he was in charge the day the team walk out there.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Now its happened, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have come in now.

Likewise. Forget the 'never go back' stuff, he never wanted to leave in't first place. If he wants it, give it to him.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Steve Coppell will be the next manager of Brighton & Hove Albion.

I am sicking my neck out and going for the hat trick.

I knew along with a few others on here knew that Wilkins was doomed in January before he got the chop in May.

I was first to announce Micky Adams sacking a few days before he was sacked.

Now my same mole has just informed me that Steve Coppell has been "sounded out" by the club about returning to the hot seat. Don't know any more than that at the moment, but I do know that Coppell has said privately in the past, that he would love to manage the club again one day.

It's all a matter of timing now. With Norwich, Charlton Southampton and Leeds to play in a row, I think if Slade time is well and truely up.

Haven't heard whether Pinky and Perky will fnally get the chop as well, but we can only pray and hope that we finally get a management team, and not just a manager and a couple of useless cling ons.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Burns proves yet again, there's no clown quite like him :dunce:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Burns proves yet again, there's no clown quite like him :dunce:

Bye bye burnsy burnsy bye bye

What a said pair of (unts you two are.

I said I was sticking my neck out. What happened. A few days later Slade is sacked, Coppells been sounded out. Dick Knight come out and said if he wants the job its his, Coppell's turned us down.

If you read past the headline and my obvious hope he would say yes and be the next manager (which he would have been had he wanted it), what I said happen has happened hasn't it. Okay he's not the manager, but would have been if he wanted it. which he doesn't.

No doubt the other couple of wankers who like to knock every I say will be on here in a minute gloating.

Knew the Wilkins story in January, was proved right.

Reported Micky Adams sacking and Ince was our number one target was proved right.

Reported Coppell was approached, was right.

Funny thing is tonight I found out our new number one target, and am not going to give the slightest hint (so please dont ask or PM cause I aint talking). Will he be a surprise, will he not. Is he foreign, is he not. Does he have previous links, does he not. As some have suggested, it's not a look at me thing, as no one has a clue who I am expect for Mr Burns pic, and he's famous enough as it is, so why would I want attention. I only post on here in spits and spurts or when a manager is about to be chopped!!

But seriously I've given you the last two movements on managers, and I think I'll take the advice I was given in the past when I was told by a few posters who are in the know, not to post on here for no other reason than half the ***** on this board don't deserve to be the loop.

Personally I'm gutted Coppell has turned us down.

A) because I think he was the best man to take us onwards

and B) if he has said no to the job, with his obvious links to the club, it makes you wonder what he saw that he didn't like, and if things are not as rosey as we may think they are, will anyone else high profile want it, or will we be left with 5th or 6th choice again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
and B) if he has said no to the job, with his obvious links to the club, it makes you wonder what he saw that he didn't like, and if things are not as rosey as we may think they are, will anyone else high profile want it, or will we be left with 5th or 6th choice again.

mmm....interesting view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here