Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It is being reported on News Now that SC is going to AFCB on a permanent deal in the transfer window.

I am more than surprised as I thought he was one of our more promising young players.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is being reported on News Now that SC is going to AFCB on a permanent deal in the transfer window.

I am more than surprised as I thought he was one of our more promising young players.

Especially with lack of defenders and also other defenders facing imminent bans

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bournemouth fans have been very impressed with him. Perhaps Gus is looking to improve the squad with higher calibre players that he feels will take us up the next next step of our journey and SC doesnt fall into this catergory. Good luck to him for the future if this is so.

D

Deleted member 18477

He looked good against Bellamy and Suarez FFS. I'd be a bit gutted if he went tbh.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
True unfortunately. As with Glenn Murray, i think we are making a big mistake here. I rate him highly. Christmas pressie for Bournemouth from us:

--------------

Cherries: Bradbury closing in on deal for Cook
7:00am Saturday 24th December 2011 in Sport

Exclusive By Neil Meldrum »

Cherries are closing in on a deal to sign Brighton loan defender Steve Cook, the Echo understands.

The club yesterday confirmed they had agreed terms on a three-and-a-half year contract with fellow loanee Scott Malone – as revealed by the Daily Echo on our website early yesterday morning.

And boss Lee Bradbury looks to have dished out a second early Christmas present to the Seward Stadium faithful, with Echo sources claiming a fee has been agreed with Brighton for defender Cook.

Cherries are understood to have had a bid of around £150,000 accepted by Wolverhampton Wanderers for wide man Malone, while the deal is also believed to include a substantial sell-on clause for the 20-year-old.

And Echo sources claim the Seagulls have accepted a similar offer for Cook, with the 20-year-old also offered a three-and-a-half year Cherries deal ahead of the transfer window reopening next month.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
True unfortunately. As with Glenn Murray, i think we are making a big mistake here. I rate him highly. Christmas pressie for Bournemouth from us:

OK I'm no Manager but this looks friggin ridiculous to me. He's been developing well and a more than capable stand in this season with an exceptional performance against L'pool. He's been doing well at B'Muff which all reinforces the potential. So why flog him? As much as I like him I'd much rather see Dunk go and we could get some proper money (where we can do some serious damage in the market) and slot Cook into the team switching AEA as and when. Can't deny I'm confused and the secrecy that is now the way of things means we'll never know for sure and can only speculate.

Ruined my day before it's even begun :tantrum:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Shame we haven't seen much of him for the Albion, but 150K + substantial sell on fee looks like a good deal for us.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Perhaps its more down to him? Every report seems to be suggesting he is having a great time down there and playing well, it is only one division below us, and maybe he just thinks it's time to be a regular first team player. Would be harsh for us to say no to that just in case we occasionally need him to plug a gap.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• Shirley-Temple.jpg
    Shirley-Temple.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 48

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
£150K for Steve Cook would be absolutely ludicrous. He looked a very classy player in the making against Liverpool and I'm told he has done very well along the coast. Why oh why sell a player with so much potential? And for so little, if the figure of £150K is true. Gus is the manager and arguably he knows best but IMHO selling Cook would be a massive error that we'll come to regret, even greater than letting Murray go. If Dunk is leaving, as rumoured, at the very least Cook will be needed as back up in the Centre - and some might say he should be pushing El Abd for a place in the starting 11.

Stand back and think carefully about this one Gus. You know it makes sense.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't do it Gus/Tony - Bennett going for £1m was an absolute joke, losing Murray was careless, this could prove to be mistake number three.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
He's been developing well and a more than capable stand in this season with an exceptional performance against L'pool. He's been doing well at B'Muff which all reinforces the potential. So why flog him? As much as I like him I'd much rather see Dunk go and we could get some proper money (where we can do some serious damage in the market) and slot Cook into the team switching AEA as and when. :

Very much agree with this.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Don't do it Gus/Tony - Bennett going for £1m was an absolute joke, losing Murray was careless, this could prove to be mistake number three.

Although your point that he was woefully undervalued is correct, the fee was £1.5m rising to £2m. I am in a pedantic mood today.:D

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think 150K is about right, the key is the sell on %. Remember we bought Greer for £300K, at the moment SC has potential but has no proven track record. His value would go up if he had a regular first team place but Gus obviously believes that he is not experienced/good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here