Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If he goes then must be more to it.

For purely football reasons we have to keep this player

We have no intention to play him any time soon. His contract is running out, all that adds up to cash in. Football reasons are the reasons why he WOULD go.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Ridiculous, the sooner Gus goes, the better.

The sooner the opinion that "Gus knows best" disappears completely, the better IMO.

With our "quality player" disposals and our "sick-note acquisitions" and Suarez support and etc etc etc I think we all know his judgement has a lot of improvement to make!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

The sooner the opinion that "Gus knows best" disappears completely, the better IMO.

With our "quality player" disposals and our "sick-note acquisitions" and Suarez support and etc etc etc I think we all know his judgement has a lot of improvement to make!

Completely disagree. Gus is already a legend, and in my opinion, the longer we have him the better.

As for his player 'disposals' if he could have kept Bennett and Crofts he would have, Murray splits fans opinion ( mine is that he was good league 1, and average by Championship standards), and as for Cook if he goes, then if we get a 40% is sell on clause then it's good business.

Sick notes - Hoskins has been a disappointment, so far, Buckley has already made his mark, and have faith - Vicente will come good - probably better than anything we currently have.

Last edited:

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
According to my AFCB supporting friends, Cook has pretty much single handedly turned the Cherries' season around. We'd be mad to let him go!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
According to my AFCB supporting friends, Cook has pretty much single handedly turned the Cherries' season around. We'd be mad to let him go!

Agree. But I doubt that'll stop us selling him for far less than he is worth. It's the same old story, sadly.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Just realised that my first sentence was misleading.

I didn't mean that I agreed with the previous poster I meant it was ridiculous to suggest Gus should go.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

We'd be mad to keep him to be honest if he wants to go in order to get regular football. His contract is up at the end of the season, so he goes then whether we like it or not - for a tribunal fee. Much better to agree the fee now along with a large sell on %

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He said on Facebook yesterday that he is looking at buying a house, possibly in hastings. Hope this blows this rumor out the water.

With his % of the transfer fee he'll be able to put down a bigger deposit on a house in Hastings , in Bournemouth it wont be enough to get a sniff of a mortgage.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
We'd be mad to keep him to be honest if he wants to go in order to get regular football. His contract is up at the end of the season, so he goes then whether we like it or not - for a tribunal fee. Much better to agree the fee now along with a large sell on %

We could of course offer him an extension to his contract! If Dunk leaves in January or at the end of the season then Cook would be a shoe-in IMO.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
We could of course offer him an extension to his contract! If Dunk leaves in January or at the end of the season then Cook would be a shoe-in IMO.

Yes, but if he wants to go to get regular first team football, which we won't be offering him, then it's better to get a fee and large sell on clause now, rather than let him run down his contract and leave for a tribunal fee.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think some people are getting far to carried away judging Cookies potential. I don't doubt he's a good player and has potential, but I think we may be progressing a little to fast for him.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think some people are getting far to carried away judging Cookies potential. I don't doubt he's a good player and has potential, but I think we may be progressing a little to fast for him.

Agreed. If he is that special I would have expected a club above one in the lower half of the First Division to be signing him.

, if Palace go up .

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that`s FUNNY!!!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rumour of a deal around £150k. Be good for Cook, we can't guarantee him regular football and he has enough potential that needs to be playing, also being out of contract in the summer means probably best for all parties! However, in my opinion it does mean either Dunk won't be going in this window, or we have a replacement lined up already.

All eyes on Grant Hall now then ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is worrying that a player of that potential is being allowed to leave. He has featured in two high profile games and acquitted himself very well. If we are going to cash in on a player it should be Dunk which would realise more as he has played more. The concern is that Cook has a contract up at the end of the season and it would appear there is no talk of renewing it. It may be that Cook has said he wants to play and won't renew but that is hardly the message coming out. GP doesn't have a great reputation for using the youngsters. Dunk only played out of necessity and proved to be very good. What about the other youngsters? Maybe they will get a chance in the cup game or we might see the likes of JCF moving on. Agdestein has never been giving a chance yet he has scored lots for the development squad. What do we do. We sign Paynter on loan and not by any stretch of the imagination has he done anything to warrant a permanent move or even an extension of his loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here