Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Stay Classy Portslade

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I was offered a spliff by a tramp outside The Foghorn the other day.

I had to proper eyeball a down on their luck rough sleeper (happy, Corn Wall Boy?) in Portslade the other day.

I was picking something up from someone I hadn’t met before and the only description I had been given was that he was wearing a blue coat and was outside Tesco.

Once I’d crossed off all the people in blue jackets who worked at Tesco the only person left was a tramp, sat on the floor, back against the wall smoking a roll up. I was waiting long enough to wonder if this was the guy and he was just really undercover but then an Albanian looking chap in a blue Givenchy jacket emerged from the alleyway across the street and waved me over. Quite glad the homeless fella didn’t offer me a spliff or I’d have probably bit the bullet and handed my cash over to the wrong bloke.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
no the Hove side is still Boundary road
i did wonder, as when i checked a couple of business addresses in that section the addresses were listed as Boundary Road 🤷
IMG_1449.jpeg

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ve got relatives on kingsway (Hove actually) and looked this up as couldn’t work out why Carlton Terrace and Boundary Road signs featured opposite each other on either side

The boundary is actually down the middle of the road / terrace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had to proper eyeball a down on their luck rough sleeper (happy, Corn Wall Boy?) in Portslade the other day.

I was picking something up from someone I hadn’t met before and the only description I had been given was that he was wearing a blue coat and was outside Tesco.

Once I’d crossed off all the people in blue jackets who worked at Tesco the only person left was a tramp, sat on the floor, back against the wall smoking a roll up. I was waiting long enough to wonder if this was the guy and he was just really undercover but then an Albanian looking chap in a blue Givenchy jacket emerged from the alleyway across the street and waved me over. Quite glad the homeless fella didn’t offer me a spliff or I’d have probably bit the bullet and handed my cash over to the wrong bloke.
That's a heartwarming story, if ever I read one :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's nice up in the old village to be fair
All of it, north of the Old Shoreham Road, is nice. Especially East of Easthill park and south of Millcross Road. Even Easthill Drive to the north of that looks nice now (that the council houses have all been sold - I probably need to wash my Labour mouth out for that).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Portslade Railway Station that used to be called.... "Portslade and West Hove" Railway Station.

In fact the east side of that road is Bounday Road, Hove and the west side of the road is Station Road, Portslade. Any fights on the east pavement are in Hove.
This, this, this. Someone knows their trains :banana:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All of it, north of the Old Shoreham Road, is nice. Especially East of Easthill park and south of Millcross Road. Even Easthill Drive to the north of that looks nice now (that the council houses have all been sold - I probably need to wash my Labour mouth out for that).

What happens in t'Millhouse stays in t'Millhouse awright :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Try telling that to the school catchment people
I always thought of you as living in Portslade all those years ago. But, of course, that would be Hove. Interestingly, west of Portland Villas is classed a South Portslade for administrative purposes. It gets murky. Depending who you want to own/disown.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I always thought of you as living in Portslade all those years ago. But, of course, that would be Hove. Interestingly, west of Portland Villas is classed a South Portslade for administrative purposes. It gets murky. Depending who you want to own/disown.

Hove have always tried to annex Portslade. I spent years as an independence fighter on the borders of Hangleton from Foredown and the golf course all the way down to boundary road during the late 60s/early 70s, and that's without the incursions from southwick and fishersgate :rolleyes:

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
We live just off Fox Way, backing onto Hangleton Lane. I tell people I live in Hangleton or Hove, even though it is a Portslade postcode.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is pure and beautiful NSC. Ire and amusement at two errant females having a bundle descends into an in depth analysis of the historical cartography of the local conurbation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hove have always tried to annex Portslade. I spent years as an independence fighter on the borders of Hangleton from Foredown and the golf course all the way down to boundary road during the late 60s/early 70s, and that's without the incursions from southwick and fishersgate :rolleyes:
West Hove Golf course - no-man's land. Over yonder, there be dragons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here