Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Stay Classy Portslade

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I know so many things are just not working nothing appears to have enough funding ye tax’s are the highest ever only yesterday a person walking two dogs stopped adjacent to Blue towers and one dog defecated the owner either not noticed or choose not to notice walks on, I chased them up the road and to be fair they did come back to clean it up but there’s another chap fairly young early 20’s who lets his greyhound do his business and always just walks off I have run after him a couple of times trying to shame him into clearing it up but he just ignors me.
feel like I am taking my life in my hands sometimes twice while on the train someone was bullying someone while on another occasion a person was being attacked I am no hero and at 64 no longer in the best of health but I cannot standby and do nothing
People all ages seem to think it’s perfectly legitimate to drop litter even when a bin is within sight.
Grass verges not cut and property boundary walls meets pavement full of weeds I know it’s the councils responsibility but surely people have enough self respect to tidy outside their own homes, chap couple of doors down was chased by someone with a machete he had to dive into a shop for protection it’s all so sadly indicative of broken Britain, sorry rant over
Good rant....

I stopped cutting my grass verge. Delivery vehicles and other large vehicles just drive onto it spreading the grass out over the pavement. Then the utility workers turn up dig up sections and throw down a handful of grass seed down before leaving. The council and the insects can fight over it, I am done - sorry.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I know so many things are just not working nothing appears to have enough funding ye tax’s are the highest ever only yesterday a person walking two dogs stopped adjacent to Blue towers and one dog defecated the owner either not noticed or choose not to notice walks on, I chased them up the road and to be fair they did come back to clean it up but there’s another chap fairly young early 20’s who lets his greyhound do his business and always just walks off I have run after him a couple of times trying to shame him into clearing it up but he just ignors me.
feel like I am taking my life in my hands sometimes twice while on the train someone was bullying someone while on another occasion a person was being attacked I am no hero and at 64 no longer in the best of health but I cannot standby and do nothing
People all ages seem to think it’s perfectly legitimate to drop litter even when a bin is within sight.
Grass verges not cut and property boundary walls meets pavement full of weeds I know it’s the councils responsibility but surely people have enough self respect to tidy outside their own homes, chap couple of doors down was chased by someone with a machete he had to dive into a shop for protection it’s all so sadly indicative of broken Britain, sorry rant over
On a serious note mate, i do agree with you. Twice recently I've spoke to teenagers who've dropped litter blatantly infront of me at the bus stop. Didn't go well either time, some abuse there and then and then later when seeing them again. I don't back down but it seems pointless. And I'm amazed that people are happy to live amongst their own shit. I often pick up litter and cut back vegetation around the towerblock next to where I live because no one else does, council or public. Oddly, I often feel embarassed or the eejet doing so but mostly I don't give a shit and do it anyway.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Wow...Got to say i would hurry on past. Knob in the car may have knife and got involved.
Fortunately none of the women involved had a weapon as could have easily escalated into something much more serious....Surely these people should at least be named and shamed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
“Bite her”

What the actual f***?

Grown women fighting in the street in front of traffic.

12 yr olds murdering people with machetes.

Honestly, the quicker climate change claims the planet and wipes out the human race, the better.

We are vile.
Speak for yourself young man, we are not all that way. I point the finger of blame at this over the top violence to drink and drug abuse, it's destroyed their brains.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I disagree.

Boundary Rd is in Portslade. It even has Portslade Railway Station at the top.
Portslade Railway Station that used to be called.... "Portslade and West Hove" Railway Station.

In fact the east side of that road is Bounday Road, Hove and the west side of the road is Station Road, Portslade. Any fights on the east pavement are in Hove.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Portslade Railway Station that used to be called.... "Portslade and West Hove" Railway Station.

In fact the east side of that road is Bounday Road, Hove and the west side of the road is Station Road, Portslade. Any fights on the east pavement are in Hove.
Correct and a check on any of the businesses on th left side going down to the seafront will reveal a ‘BN3’ Hove postcode whereas the other side in BN41

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
We are the only species that hunt our own. Disgraceful.
Good news! Lots of other animals kill other members of the same species for lots of different reasons.

Apparently it's "almost unheard of among bats" if you want to feel down on humanity anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here