Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Stay Classy Portslade

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I know so many things are just not working nothing appears to have enough funding ye tax’s are the highest ever only yesterday a person walking two dogs stopped adjacent to Blue towers and one dog defecated the owner either not noticed or choose not to notice walks on, I chased them up the road and to be fair they did come back to clean it up but there’s another chap fairly young early 20’s who lets his greyhound do his business and always just walks off I have run after him a couple of times trying to shame him into clearing it up but he just ignors me.
feel like I am taking my life in my hands sometimes twice while on the train someone was bullying someone while on another occasion a person was being attacked I am no hero and at 64 no longer in the best of health but I cannot standby and do nothing
People all ages seem to think it’s perfectly legitimate to drop litter even when a bin is within sight.
Grass verges not cut and property boundary walls meets pavement full of weeds I know it’s the councils responsibility but surely people have enough self respect to tidy outside their own homes, chap couple of doors down was chased by someone with a machete he had to dive into a shop for protection it’s all so sadly indicative of broken Britain, sorry rant over
wouldn't happen in Faversham ...!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I disagree.

Boundary Rd is in Portslade. It even has Portslade Railway Station at the top.

Station road is in Portslade, Boundary road is in Hove (as is the Knoll estate in the second part of the video) and the station to which you refer is actually called Portslade and West Hove station. Other than that, spot on :wink:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not true, lots of animals do, although some may not have evolved as much.

we have a lot of different types of parrots around here , the 4th house down the road has a type of tree that these parrots all like to feed on at a certain time of year , the other weekend i sat outside with one of the neighbours 750ml bottle of Belgian Duvel in hand and watched approx 500 corellas kick the f*** out of about 60 crimson rosellas that had taken up residence in the tree at the wrong time , it went on for about 10 minutes , it was pretty brutal and ended up with at least 6 badly injured rosellas and 2 dead ones .....it was 10 minutes of madness and no one in the street had ever seen anything like it , it was like the corellas had got a squad together to get rid of the other birds....bonkers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Station road is in Portslade, Boundary road is in Hove (as is the Knoll estate in the second part of the video) and the station to which you refer is actually called Portslade and West Hove station. Other than that, spot on :wink:
I knew I was right

😔🤣

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There is Portslade and Portslade though. BEEEARNDRY ROWD has always been a dump. Where as in Vale Park you can get stabbed.
Technically speaking Vale Park is where they land the air ambulance after you’ve been stabbed on Station Road by people from Boundary Road.

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know so many things are just not working nothing appears to have enough funding ye tax’s are the highest ever only yesterday a person walking two dogs stopped adjacent to Blue towers and one dog defecated the owner either not noticed or choose not to notice walks on, I chased them up the road and to be fair they did come back to clean it up but there’s another chap fairly young early 20’s who lets his greyhound do his business and always just walks off I have run after him a couple of times trying to shame him into clearing it up but he just ignors me.
feel like I am taking my life in my hands sometimes twice while on the train someone was bullying someone while on another occasion a person was being attacked I am no hero and at 64 no longer in the best of health but I cannot standby and do nothing
People all ages seem to think it’s perfectly legitimate to drop litter even when a bin is within sight.
Grass verges not cut and property boundary walls meets pavement full of weeds I know it’s the councils responsibility but surely people have enough self respect to tidy outside their own homes, chap couple of doors down was chased by someone with a machete he had to dive into a shop for protection it’s all so sadly indicative of broken Britain, sorry rant over
Maybe we should all carry a weapon. Then we can pile in when the need arises.

(On a serious note, I do sympathize. It is all infuriating. However, when I was a kid (in Portslade) we came home with dogshit on our shoes (and sometimes knees or hands) every day. Every day. There was dog shit everywhere.

If we went out for a picnic in the country, almost everyone would leave all their litter behind. People routinely chucked food wrappers and soft drink tins out of car windows, in the countryside. People smoked in every public place, even inside shops.

The main difference today is people staging 'events' so they can upload them to social media.)

Anyway, we need to vote in a strong government to fix broken Britain. Luckily Sunak has promised to stop the chaos and carnage that the useless present government has created, so after July 4 it will all be sunny uplands. Rejoice!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here