Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Stay Classy Portslade

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We live just off Fox Way, backing onto Hangleton Lane. I tell people I live in Hangleton or Hove, even though it is a Portslade postcode.
You must be an Estate Agent, trying to get a few thousand more on the value of your property.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Technically speaking Vale Park is where they land the air ambulance after you’ve been stabbed on Station Road by people from Boundary Road.

:wink:
A somewhat flippant remark about a serious matter, but as you are not taking this thread 'seriously' I guess it wasn't intended to be.
Technically speaking Vale Park is where they land the air ambulance after you’ve been stabbed on Station Road by people from Boundary Road.

:wink:
A somewhat flippant remark about what I'm guessing was the fight on 2nd April in Boundary / Station Road that resulted in some pretty serious injuries, when I believe the air ambulance did indeed land in Vale Park. Strange really because on the day of the incident on NSC you weren't so flippant about it when you took it upon yourself to stop people speculating about it and hinted that you knew were very much in the know about what had happened, but not long after you are almost making light of the incident on a thread about Portslade. Not nice. This is what you posted on the day:

I know what the rumour is but I'm not posting it on here for obvious reasons. Not good if true though.

This is pretty serious stuff.I'm sure there will be worried relatives looking online.

Thanks for respecting the levels I asked for.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A somewhat flippant remark about a serious matter, but as you are not taking this thread 'seriously' I guess it wasn't intended to be.

A somewhat flippant remark about what I'm guessing was the fight on 2nd April in Boundary / Station Road that resulted in some pretty serious injuries, when I believe the air ambulance did indeed land in Vale Park. Strange really because on the day of the incident on NSC you weren't so flippant about it when you took it upon yourself to stop people speculating about it and hinted that you knew were very much in the know about what had happened, but not long after you are almost making light of the incident on a thread about Portslade. Not nice. This is what you posted on the day:

I know what the rumour is but I'm not posting it on here for obvious reasons. Not good if true though.

This is pretty serious stuff.I'm sure there will be worried relatives looking online.

Thanks for respecting the levels I asked for.
No one died. It was basically a family feud.

At the time I posted the bolded thing someone was bleeding out in the floor.

Thanks for taking the time to check my post history from April though. Have a wonderful day.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

Thanks for taking the time to check my post history from April though. Have a wonderful day.
Ah ok as nobody died is fine to be so flippant about a pretty serious incident then? Try telling that to those in BR / SR on the day. Checking post history? You've checked what have believed to be mine before and posted it on here, so have a taste of your own medicine.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

On the day according to you it was:

This is pretty serious stuff .I'm sure there will be worried relatives looking online.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
icegif-504.gif

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ah ok as nobody died is fine to be so flippant about a pretty serious incident then? Try telling that to those in BR / SR on the day. Checking post history? You've checked what have believed to be mine before and posted it on here, so have a taste of your own medicine.
Anyway back on topic, i think the one thing we can all agree is the attempt to gentrify South Portslade has failed miserably and Boundary/Station Road is and will continue to be an absolute cesspit 👍

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Anyway back on topic, i think the one thing we can all agree is the attempt to gentrify South Portslade has failed miserably and Boundary/Station Road is and will continue to be an absolute cesspit 👍
I don't think it's that bad. Towards the North end of BR there are a couple of nice restaurants. There is a fair variety of shops as well, I been to a lot worse. Grimsby and Burnley spring to mind.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Good news is there is a new bus service that can ship people to and from Churchill Square and Portslade in just 15 minutes.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The video shows why Aliens do not want to visit Earth

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good news is there is a new bus service that can ship people to and from Churchill Square and Portslade in just 15 minutes.
The alternative is a one way ticket to Rwanda, although not sure if it’s fair on the Rwandan people 😉😉

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The alternative is a one way ticket to Rwanda, although not sure if it’s fair on the Rwandan people 😉😉
They say once you’ve seen Kigali you’ll never dream of Portslade again.

Although they do say that on government propaganda leaflets.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah. Reading this thread now I know why people, when asked where they live, reply:
"Brighton"
"Hove, actually"
"Portslade, unfortunately"

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The Romans used to say 'See Portslade and die'.

Edit: sorry, they were referring to Rome.
Edit: upon reflection, I may have been right the first time.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Can still confirm that Vale Park you can definitely still get stabbed, luckily I have a history of avoiding this sort of thing. Boundary Road now home however to one of my few UK based 10/10 kebab ratings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here