Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statue of disabled pregnant woman in Trafalgar Square...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Statue of disabled pregnant woman in Trafalgar Square...

3gulls said:
So piss of back to the flat caps and pidgeons, if you don't like southerners. Second thoughts, if all the northern women are as ugly as BAG, no wonder you came down here! :lolol:

very good...bet it took you ages to think that one up

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Statue of disabled pregnant woman in Trafalgar Square...

3gulls said:
So piss of back to the flat caps and pidgeons, if you don't like southerners. Second thoughts, if all the northern women are as ugly as BAG, no wonder you came down here! :lolol:

You forget that im a southener, you thick twat.

I suggest we meet up, then we'll decide who the ugly one is - i can bet that its not going to be me

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
I think it's important that the main square in England carries a permanent reminder to the people of how their freedom has been obtained. People take freedom for granted, but it wasn't always so.

I love the way it's always us against the world. Never did any of that invading nonsense ourselves did we. Like MB says, why do we have to have be so obsessed with a world long gone where everyone was trying to get one over the other? And so f***ing what if we didn't grow up speaking English? It's only a f***ing language, composed of other European languages and constantly changing anyway. That's what languages do.

If this annoys plenty of Daily Mail readers then they should make it permanent.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Statue of disabled pregnant woman in Trafalgar Square...

ben andrews' girlfriend said:

I suggest we meet up, then we'll decide who the ugly one is - i can bet that its not going to be me

Oooh, that sounds like a date. This could be the start of something special.

"How did you meet Dad, Mum?"
"On NSC, we used to hate each other....."

:clap2: :clap2:

Meade's_Ball said:
But why must everything stay the same? It's not the 19th century any more. Trafalgar Square is not seen as a monument to our military victories. It's a place where drunks get wet, tourists take photos of themselves next to statues of people they don't know. Why not have something that means something to people now rather than wallowing in a past bathed in blood?

That's right.

I want more public art, liven up our streets, and give meaning to places.

I saw some great art in Bremen. It was in Pig Street.

The locals had designed a "herd" of pigs all of different sizes to commemorate the street history, the kids and the adults loved the pigs, which they sat on and played on!

More art good and bad!

LC

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Pavilionaire said:
I think it's important that the main square in England carries a permanent reminder to the people of how their freedom has been obtained. People take freedom for granted, but it wasn't always so.

I take the point that there needs to be some change, but all of the modern day national heroes tend to be sporting icons, and their statues belong in / around sporting arena.

It's true that our heroes are different now. I wouldn't have Colin Jackson or even Steve Ovett up there (unless the real ones were covered in bronze, their eyes twitching on occasion the only signs of life), but then are these men really the defenders of our modern freedoms? Or men whose plans and schemes killed more enemies than anyone else and were rewarded with themselves mounted for a modest eternity?
Now, i suppose, our heroes are unsung. They're the ones performing aid-work without fanfare or glory rather than sticking heads on spikes at city gates or quelling native rebellion.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
As a matter of taste I find the statue grotesque .

As a matter of worthyness I would rather see one of the bellyacher in cheif Bob Geldof.

As a matter of politics its just another totem to the victim culture this clown government is creating. So if you oversleep with a hangover and miss Hollocaust day you can always pop along and weep at the feet of this statue to salve your gulity little multiculti feelings..

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Statue of disabled pregnant woman in Trafalgar Square...

ben andrews' girlfriend said:

fight! fight! fight! fight! fight!:clap2: :clap2:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
looney said:

As a matter of worthyness I would rather see one of the bellyacher in cheif Bob Geldof.

As a matter of politics its just another totem to the victim culture this clown government is creating. So if you oversleep with a hangover and miss Hollocaust day you can always pop along and weep at the feet of this statue to salve your gulity little multiculti feelings..

:lolol: and your post is YET another totem to your lack of a life.

What are 'multiculti feelings'?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I was using multiculti as a noun not an adverb, Get with it ya yammering cock vampire or go and swap drool with beach hut on another thread.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
looney said:

Do you feel guilty about anything, Robo-goon?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It isn't worth arguing about. I think it sucks, I wont be seeing it. If it makes some japanesse tourists upchuck I dont care. If a Muslim blows it up with himself Kudos.

Whats next?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I think it's a superb statue of an admirable woman who is local to us.

I conceed that people will argue about it. That makes it even better as a piece of art.

Wow I actually agree with you fungus chops as it is art, although a gainsborough is more to my taste. Dont now about your localist mentality though.

Maybe in the name of Modern art they should of piled up slabs of lard and called it butters.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
You may hate what Looney talks about but his insults are top drawer.

They are all the same. They always have been.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
looney said:
I was using multiculti as a noun not an adverb,

what? I know you're dyslexic, even if it has been exposed, but I'm still confused.

Is Multiculti a word?

And if you were using it as a noun how does that work?

For example 'my cheese feelings'...doesn't make sense.

You really are running before you can walk aren't you?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Can I suggest that the next exhibit be a statue of Ron Davies "cottaging" on Clapham Common - It could be called "Error of Judgement" - I'm sure Ken would approve:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here