Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statue of disabled pregnant woman in Trafalgar Square...

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
London Irish said:

Perhaps early on, you honestly did feel I was someone who casually and unthinkingly applied 21st century standards to historical events. I hope what I've said has convinced you that what I believe, in fact, is such standards always have to be contextualised by study of the specific political situations of historical times.

pseuds corner anyone?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So everyones had a hand in the slave trade, fine.

But we are the ones who ended it, that makes us cool.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Dick Knights Mum said:
And Gunter has not said that about anyone or anything since that Reading fella we had on loan.

yes, he was very impressive!

Last heard of having a trial with Northampton after spending time in the States.

According to the Morning Star p8, there is a "long fight to get a statue of Nelson Mandela in Trafalgar Square."

LC

afters said:
pseuds corner anyone?

Language doesn't have to be frightening, you know, it's a good thing that it is rich and varied. Another example of the "it's trendy to be stupid" school.

Last edited:

Which I did, DKM. Contextualised I guess is the word that frightened poor old Afters, let's have the "simple" alternative to it then. I think you'll struggle because it has a specific meaning. Particularly when the subject of the conversation was historical context :rolleyes:

And you think that's massively different to contextualised? It's the same word DKM - and I've used less characters :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What is the issue here - the statue or LI's convoluted spiel?

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
At the end of the day (cliched enough for everyone?) this thread is about a lot of Kunts reaction to a statue

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As Dave said, its an area for our Millitary heros.

Nelson lost and eye and an arm in the course of his duty.. a true hero.

Nothing against this young lady but I don't see why her statue needs to go in there.. if anywhere at all actually.

Top lady, life must be bloody hard for her and shes obviously a real fighter but why a statue?

I wouldnt want to look at it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Biscuit said:
As Dave said, its an area for our Millitary heros.

Nelson lost and eye and an arm in the course of his duty.. a true hero.

Nothing against this young lady but I don't see why her statue needs to go in there.. if anywhere at all actually.

Top lady, life must be bloody hard for her and shes obviously a real fighter but why a statue?

I wouldnt want to look at it.

Funnily enough in today's armed forces Lord Nelson would have been invalided out before the battle of Trafalgar.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
Funnily enough in today's armed forces Lord Nelson would have been invalided out before the battle of Trafalgar.
i dont know so much yorkie i met a few 'one eyes' when i was in :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here