Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stark Reality for England - and I love it!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
People seem to be confusing good players with good results. That doesn't necessarily follow. Did Italy have the best team is the last World Cup? , no, did Greece have the best team in the Euro's they won? No. but they played to their strengths and were well organised and managed. Scotland are a great example of that. They don't have any superstars, but those that put on the shirt are committed to the cause, and consider that playing for Scotland is the pinnacle of their career, and aren't thinking just about parking their Porche in a disabled bay.

I also think that England would have qualified for the Euro's if Sven or Capello had been in charge, on the basis that they are both much more tactically sound than Steve McClaren.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
i agree. i actually wanted us to lose last night so hopefully some people wake up.the fans who pay to see that crap and sing the national anthem over and over again are absolute retards

What is wrong with singing the national anthem over and over again. Its called supporting the team.

So when we sing Sussex by the sea over and over again at away games (like at Forest) that makes the 1,200 who went retards?

I just got back from Paris and we had a great couple of days

So who are this Scotland lot? Another team of failures who just like England failed to qualify! :bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

Good effort, well done for beating France, what a shame you once again failed to qualify! I loved it and celebrated when Italy scored at Hampden park

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So who are this Scotland lot? Another team of failures who just like England failed to qualify! :

But to be fair Mr Blobby, Diggers has a point - Scotland failed to qualify slightly less shittily than we failed to qualify ;)

barney

Jul 31, 2006
What is wrong with singing the national anthem over and over again. Its called supporting the team.

So when we sing Sussex by the sea over and over again at away games (like at Forest) that makes the 1,200 who went retards?

I just got back from Paris and we had a great couple of days

So who are this Scotland lot? Another team of failures who just like England failed to qualify! :bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

Good effort, well done for beating France, what a shame you once again failed to qualify! I loved it and celebrated when Italy scored at Hampden park

i was at forest and we did not sing sussex by the sea over and over again. that was simply a dig at stupid england fans who paint their faces take a huge flag and sing about 3 songs repeatedly for 90 minutes even though the team is an absolute shamble and an embarrassment.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
But to be fair Mr Blobby, Diggers has a point - Scotland failed to qualify slightly less shittily than we failed to qualify ;)

But would you go on a Scottish football teams forum, and state that Scotlands mediocrity is thoroughly enjoyable...?

...............personally, i think there,s something wrong in the head with people who do that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
i was at forest and we did not sing sussex by the sea over and over again. that was simply a dig at stupid england fans who paint their faces take a huge flag and sing about 3 songs repeatedly for 90 minutes even though the team is an absolute shamble and an embarrassment.

Don't supporters of all clubs/national teams do that every week though? I don't think there is an England fan who thinks we are currently playing well and that improvement is needed but that does not stop people getting behind the team.

What f*cks me off is the totally over the top reaction of people after a new managers second game in charge. Give the guy a break it was hardly going to change overnight was it

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
People seem to be confusing good players with good results. That doesn't necessarily follow. Did Italy have the best team is the last World Cup? , no, did Greece have the best team in the Euro's they won? No. but they played to their strengths and were well organised and managed. Scotland are a great example of that. They don't have any superstars, but those that put on the shirt are committed to the cause, and consider that playing for Scotland is the pinnacle of their career, and aren't thinking just about parking their Porche in a disabled bay.

I also think that England would have qualified for the Euro's if Sven or Capello had been in charge, on the basis that they are both much more tactically sound than Steve McClaren.

i fully agree with every thing said here :clap::clap:

we all know the fIFA ratings can be a bit pants but Scotland are 14 and play good football. We don't. Even if the players put their country first, their managers and clubs don't. What does Wenger care about England. In fact what does the Premiership care about England.

Good luck to Scotland.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Scotland can start to crow when they qualify for a major tournament. That said, the England side is at its lowest ebb for 15 years, and I've never known such fan apathy as now.

What really worries me is our recent record against the top sides. We've recently been beaten by France and Germany, we lost last time to Spain, we've beaten Italy once in 31 years, we haven't beaten Brazil since John Barnes wondergoal c. 82/83.

We're consistently drawing with Holland, losing to Portugal and are even being regularly troubled by Croatia and Sweden. Only a couple of heroic performances vs Argentina have really lifted the gloom.

I believe the problem is a complete lack of team spirit. There is no doubt that on paper you'd pick the likes of Terry, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen but it just isn't working.

I'd much rather now take my chances with a team that I can identify with, who might not be galacticos but who will give it a good go, e.g.

1. Foster
2. Richards
3. Baines
4. King
5. Woodgate
6. Bentley
7. Hargreaves
8. Barry
9. Walcott
10.Crouch
11.Joe Cole.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would bypass all the old players and start afresh.

Foster
Richards
Taylor
Wheater
Warnock
Lennon
Huddlestone
O'Hara
A. Johnson
Sturridge
Walcott

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A mix

Foster
Richards
Woodgate
Ferdinand
Baines
Bentley
Hargreaves
Gerrard
Young
Rooney
Agbonlahor

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The problem now is that Premiership comes before country and in some cases european matches like Bolton in the UEFA cup. 2,000 Bolton fans travel to Portugal and they leave out the 6 best players, they didnt even travel.

The cash in being in the Premiership (and ability to pay stupid wages) means nothing else matters to too many players these days.

We see teams play second XIs in League and FA Cup matches.

Capello basically has 6 matches (now played 3 of them) to get the team ready for World Cup qualifiers. I am not sure you can read too much into friendly results, although I thought its clear that Rooney is uncomfortable leading the line in a 4-5-1 formation! I thought Downing looked like one of the better players when he came on, I guess that shows just how poor it was last night!

Anyway at least at Leeds on Saturday it wont be 8 Euros (about £6.50) a pint!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Was there a game last night?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
England have been toilet for 42 years. Donkey Terry, Fat Frank, Ashley " I am worth far more than £ 60000 a week cole ", the England team has been dragged down by these overpaid, over rated Chelsea wankers. I have huge respect for Beckham and also Roony and Gerrard who care but the rest, bunch of tossers, couldn't care less, rather watch the apprentice

In fact what does the Premiership care about England.

According to the FA, the premiershite was established in order to make the England team stronger, better and more likely to win major tournaments.

All of the clowns at the FA who claim to have the National team's best interests at heart should all just f*** off and hand over the reins to people who know what they're doing-in a footballing sense, not just making loads of money whilst f***ing over the lower league teams.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I am fast losing interest in a bunch of over paid, overrated prima donnas, whose only interest is when they are getting delivery of their new Aston Martin or how many thousands of pounds they can spend on a new pair of diamond stud earrings. They have lost complete touch with the average football fan and thus many people i know don't really care if England win, lose or draw any longer. Which is very sad indeed.

You forgot the words OVERHYPED and OVERPAMPERED as well Mr SJLM :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here