Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stark Reality for England - and I love it!

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
You have to love Scottish fans. Almost celebrating the fact that they failed to quailify better than us.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Seasider - learn to read dear before making statements.

World beaters was not mentioned - I stated that Scotland are on their way to being reasonable.

I suspect that you are very aware how appalling your national team is and have trotted out the famous old.....'just wait until next time when England win every game.....blah blah blah.

You are not a lot better than us - and that fact is pretty blatant.

and by the way Wozza no chip on the shoulder at all. Just a slightly enjoyable feeling watching a bunch of over paid prima donnas fail AGAIN - and their fans sit and still have complete faith that come the next tournament England will prove how good they are.

My god man - if England were a Plc or any type of commercial business your failure to deliver for nealry 50 years given the resource and facilities you ahve enjoyed - would be bankrupt long ago.

I think you should read my post again I clearly stated England are poor.

However I don't agree with your statement that Scotland are reasonable. I think they had a 'flash in the pan' campaign and are still largely a poor international side. I also believe that England will get back on track again once again that is my opinion you do not have to agree with it.

Lets not forget for all Scotlands huff and puff you are still in the same position as us at the moment (not going to the Euro's). Time will tell but if I was a betting man I would say England will be at the next world cup Scotland will not

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am fast losing interest in a bunch of over paid, overrated prima donnas, whose only interest is when they are getting delivery of their new Aston Martin or how many thousands of pounds they can spend on a new pair of diamond stud earrings. They have lost complete touch with the average football fan and thus many people i know don't really care if England win, lose or draw any longer. Which is very sad indeed.

I totally agree with you on this which but to have the same opinion as a scum follower is just not right I simple can't live with that so its good bye cruel world!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
f*** me, chip on shoulder or what?

Or is that a fried Mars bar?
Indeed. It always makes me chuckle that Scotland seems to define itself as "not English". A sad state of affairs but proof indeed that Scotland as a nation lacks confidence in itself.

However, he is right about English football. That is arguably the worst French team of some time (maybe 2 or 3 decades), yet it is light years ahead of anything we could put out. We simply don't have enough players of sufficient skill to be able to retain possession against half decent sides.

As for Scotland, I simply don't give a toss about them one way or the other. The fact that we have considered a country with a tenth of our population as a "rival" for so many years is an embarrassment. And lets face it, they do deserve to be considered a rival in football because head-to-head the nations are virtually equal. Shocking really, and just goes to show what a joke footballing nation England really is. :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
er Simster - please explain - a nation that lacks confidence in itself??

What on earth are you gabbling about?
So many Scots like to define themselves as "not English" and - by extension - delight in English failings. When questioned over this, you get various bullshit answers such as "the arrogance of the English media", the "arrogance of English fans" or plain old "I just hate the English". On the other hand, most English people are happy to see the Scots do well, what with them being neighbours and all that.

I think that if I lived in a country other than England, I'd be right behind that nation's sports teams - except when they played the country of my birth. The fact that many Scots in England don't do that seems to point at the fact that many Scots seem to behave in a manner that suggests that hating the English is part of being Scottish.

It all seems a bit sad to me, and IMO is a manifestation of a nation that chooses to blame England for everything rather than simply look inwards for solutions to its problems.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I am fast losing interest in a bunch of over paid, overrated prima donnas, whose only interest is when they are getting delivery of their new Aston Martin or how many thousands of pounds they can spend on a new pair of diamond stud earrings. They have lost complete touch with the average football fan and thus many people i know don't really care if England win, lose or draw any longer. Which is very sad indeed.

Palace fan or not, but agree 100% with what you have said. In fact I could have almost written it myself !!!:thumbsup:

Had no interest in the game last night whatsoever.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Simster,

Your opinion and absolutely respect your view point. But having lived in both countries I'm not sure what exactly you are basing this on.

You make wild sweeping statements that are completely out of kilter with the football banter that this thread started on.

We all know for a fact that when England are playing someone shite they sing Are you Scotland in disgiuse - not Ireland, Wales - Scotland - no problem with that at all.

But why do so many English people claim that they would like to see Scotland do well when it is a palpable load of old bollocks.

There is rivalry between the two countries that goes back years - but many English football fans claim that it is not a rivalry that they are that bothered with - again an argument that suits at certain times.

'A nation that chooses to blame England for everything rather than look inwards for solutions to its own problems'.

What on earth does that mean - a wishy washy statement based on a completely irrelevant opinion. Utterly meaningless and frankly a rather insulting comment on my country.

This was a thread on football - please help me understand what your childish ramblings are actually based on.

Deductions

Banned
Aug 11, 2007
Yes England are shit at the moment. Yes we had an awful qualifying campaign. Yes our players need to have a long hard look at their performances and there is clearly work to be done.

But whilst I agree that Scotland had a very strong campaign for the Euro's and a draw with a half strength Croatia side they are not suddenly world beaters!!!

Lets not forget this underachieving England team has qualified for all of the major tournaments with the exception of this summers Euro's, something Scotland have not achieved.

Whilst you are entitled to enjoy the moment my guess is when the qualifiers for the world cup are finished we will be looking forward to the world cup whilst Scotland will still be crowing about how they did not lose twice to France in 2008

I would just point out that 9 of the players who started yesterday started the game against England at Wembley :lolol:

Thats shows how f***ing bad we are, i hate our national team why do you stupid ****s care?

Do you think they care about Brighton?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I would just point out that 9 of the players who started yesterday started the game against England at Wembley :lolol:

Thats shows how f***ing bad we are, i hate our national team why do you stupid ****s care?

Do you think they care about Brighton?

Yes in a FRIENDLY!!!! Why would they care about Brighton they don't play for or support them not sure what point you are trying to make there!!?

I support England because I am English and it is my national team.

If you don't follow England fair enough seems a bit odd though as however bad England are surely can't be as bad or embarrassing as supporting Leeds. Now that is a shite team

Deductions

Banned
Aug 11, 2007
Yes in a FRIENDLY!!!! Why would they care about Brighton they don't play for or support them not sure what point you are trying to make there!!?

I support England because I am English and it is my national team.

If you don't follow England fair enough seems a bit odd though as however bad England are surely can't be as bad or embarrassing as supporting Leeds. Now that is a shite team

Better than being a part time Engerland who waves the flags when the Tournaments come, sad fucks.:lolol:

I actually find them losing amusing, full of Chelsea and scum i could never support them even against Germany.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
i'm actually pleased scotland are now better than us because it proves that just cos you earn 100k a week doesn't mean you're gonna make the best team in the world. our squad is an absolute joke and an embarrassment. if i was manager i'd drop all these worthless pricks who clearly couldn't care less. get rid of cole terry ferdinand lampard gerrard cole beckham rooney owen. they are let us down time after time. what's wrong with consistently using players like richards agbonlahor young defoe woodgate barry etc etc

our squad sickens me

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Better than being a part time Engerland who waves the flags when the Tournaments come, sad fucks.:lolol:

I actually find them losing amusing, full of Chelsea and scum i could never support them even against Germany.

i agree. i actually wanted us to lose last night so hopefully some people wake up.the fans who pay to see that crap and sing the national anthem over and over again are absolute retards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here