Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stark Reality for England - and I love it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Possibly the biggest I told you so in World History would be applicable here.

For the last time; 10 English players in the 2008 Champions League final. You are embarrassing yourselves, "the players aren't good enough" brigade. Come on, give it up.

Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand and Rooney are all absolutely quality when it comes to technical aspects.

I'm not saying for a second we'll WIN the thing. But we are definitely "good enough" to compete.

Bet you been waiting for this moment since your the Spain prediction. :)

Fair does England have qualified with a perfect record and it should be appluaded.

When I wrote those posts it was out of frustration with what I saw before my eyes. The team and a lot of the players looked pants and could not be arsed. A number of the players looked technically bereft, they could not read the game, change to adapting situations on the pitch or keep the ball. Things look to have improved and against second tier international teams (which is what the group is...Croatia are a faded force) we have done amazingly well but the real test will be when we play the big guns. Our record under Cappello against France, Germany, Spain and Holland is W1, D1, L2 (I think). Let's see if England can improve on this. If they can they will truelly be world beaters.

Well done though.

Well, let's just get these results in perspective.

Scotland played France home and away in a competitive fixtures with France fielding their full team.

We beat them home and away and did not conceed.

Last night incidentally we drew with Croatia with a very scratch team hit by 7 withdrawals in the preceeding 48 hours - a team that comfortably beat you at home and then at Wembley - well how enjoyable was that??!!

It just shows that Scotland have improved to being almost reasonable - while England are showing that they are approaching mediocrity at some speed.

Thoroughly enjoyable.

:bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here