Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stark Reality for England - and I love it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is wrong with singing the national anthem over and over again. Its called supporting the team.

So when we sing Sussex by the sea over and over again at away games (like at Forest) that makes the 1,200 who went retards?

I just got back from Paris and we had a great couple of days

So who are this Scotland lot? Another team of failures who just like England failed to qualify! :bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

Good effort, well done for beating France, what a shame you once again failed to qualify! I loved it and celebrated when Italy scored at Hampden park

Supporting and cheering England is the problem. It is tacit approval that what is going on is acceptable. 90 minutes of booing game in game out might change things. I would love to support England but cannot bring myself to cheer a load of technically deficient 'footballers' who at best are talentless and clumsy but at worst dont always seem to care.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is wrong with singing the national anthem over and over again. Its called supporting the team.

So when we sing Sussex by the sea over and over again at away games (like at Forest) that makes the 1,200 who went retards?

I just got back from Paris and we had a great couple of days

So who are this Scotland lot? Another team of failures who just like England failed to qualify! :bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

Good effort, well done for beating France, what a shame you once again failed to qualify! I loved it and celebrated when Italy scored at Hampden park

Supporting and cheering England is the problem. It is tacit approval that what is going on is acceptable. 90 minutes of booing game in game out might change things. I would love to support England but cannot bring myself to cheer a load of technically deficient 'footballers' who at best are talentless and clumsy but at worst dont always seem to care.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Digweed, do you realise that Brighton is an English club? Does it make you feel dirty following a team from south of the border ?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Not at all Perth Seagull. I have no feelings about this country other than ones of fondness and respect - I cant see that i have stated this anywhere.

The banter about the football is exactly that - others on here have hijacked this into a Scotland vs England which country is better thread - see some of the postings regarding Scotland having no confidence as a country.

That to me is just drivel.

AS a Scot I love supporting my country,. England are the auld enemy and I love watching England fail - more so these days because of the pampered, soft, self-indulgence of the players who think that they are worth £100k a week - when theyre not worth that a year.

I have to say the Premiership has made me enjoy watching England fail rather than any anti-English feelings.

Put it this way, I want Scotland to win at rugby but will happily see England do well.

It is purely a football matter - nothing beyond that.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Not at all Perth Seagull. I have no feelings about this country other than ones of fondness and respect - I cant see that i have stated this anywhere.

The banter about the football is exactly that - others on here have hijacked this into a Scotland vs England which country is better thread - see some of the postings regarding Scotland having no confidence as a country.

That to me is just drivel.

AS a Scot I love supporting my country,. England are the auld enemy and I love watching England fail - more so these days because of the pampered, soft, self-indulgence of the players who think that they are worth £100k a week - when theyre not worth that a year.

I have to say the Premiership has made me enjoy watching England fail rather than any anti-English feelings.

Put it this way, I want Scotland to win at rugby but will happily see England do well.

It is purely a football matter - nothing beyond that.

Here here DT. As an Englishman in Scotland I know exactly what you mean. One thing we all have in common on here is that we recognise the Premiership primadonnas are a bunch of ..........

Real football for football fans. 'mon the 'Shire :angel::thumbsup:;)

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave

The current England players get plenty of stick from the people that follow England home and away. I dont think the players will forget the Andorra match in Barcelona last year for a long time.

I will always support them during a match, the same as the Albion, as I want us to win. Fine to boo them off at the end, but why do it during a game? If I decide I am going to go to Paris why then spend 90 minutes booing them? I would rather not go! We left before the end on Wednesday night so not sure what reception the players got at the final whistle, or if they even bothered to come over to the travelling supporters.

England away from home will always attract a large following regardless of how the team are playing, its called loyalty and also away games are always a good laugh, the trip rather than the game!!! Around 7,000 were in the ground wednesday night, if we had been playing well and going to the Euros in the summer it would probably have been 20,000. I can see the FA struggling to sell tickets for the next home friendly, the USA on the 28th May. The Swiss match only sold out because they cut ticket prices for members and people thought is was Beckhams 100th cap.

Anyway Capello needs time, if we are still as gutless on the pitch when the World Cup qualifiers start then I think the fans will turn on the team big style.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
a load of technically deficient 'footballers' who at best are talentless and clumsy but at worst dont always seem to care.

Possibly the biggest I told you so in World History would be applicable here.

For the last time; 10 English players in the 2008 Champions League final. You are embarrassing yourselves, "the players aren't good enough" brigade. Come on, give it up.

Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand and Rooney are all absolutely quality when it comes to technical aspects.

I'm not saying for a second we'll WIN the thing. But we are definitely "good enough" to compete.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here