Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing up in the North Stand - row p behind goal

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Well, they are f***ing IDIOTS for buying seats in the Northstand that far back then expecting to sit arnt they? Get them the f*** out of that stand, plenty of room for JCLs in the east.

Absolutely agree with they shouldn't be in the North. But to call people who stay sitting JCLs seems to be forgetting the Withdean years -- which actually might be a good idea :)

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I have never sat down in the North Stand during a game, and never will.

If you want to sit down the East and West Stand beckons.

TB

greengu11

Sep 16, 2010
West Sussex/Surrey Border
Well, they are f***ing IDIOTS for buying seats in the Northstand that far back then expecting to sit arnt they? Get them the f*** out of that stand, plenty of room for JCLs in the east.

Actually I reckon all you who stand must be fuckin idiots. Look you paid for a seat not for a stand, if you got to be vertical for the whole game at least stand on the seat and get your moneys worth. ???

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I brought a ticket in WSU in the knowledge that there would be standing in the NS. I have dodgy knee from a strong tackle playing football a year back. If your in the North, Stand up and give it some your where the atmosphere has to start then the west will back you up, And if anyone has a moan up tell em to think about another ticket when it comes to renewing it:albion2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Actually I reckon all you who stand must be fuckin idiots. Look you paid for a seat not for a stand, if you got to be vertical for the whole game at least stand on the seat and get your moneys worth. ???

:facepalm:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

Sorry mate, I think. the fact that, you seem to be the one on this thread that everyone is looking up to, kind of says it all.
Do people seriously think that people shouldn't have brought tickets in a non standing area because a few 'lads' might want to stand up?
It's H block all over again.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sorry mate, I think. the fact that, you seem to be the one on this thread that everyone is looking up to, kind of says it all.
Do people seriously think that people shouldn't have brought tickets in a non standing area because a few 'lads' might want to stand up?
It's H block all over again.

Well sure it sounds bad when you say i like that, so lets quantify it a bit, the northstand holds 2250, I'd say upto 50% stand throughout, with much of the rest of the stand standing up for times of excitement. The number of people who are unhappy standing make up a miniscule proportion of the stand, in the north stand specifically maybe 10 complaints? So do you honestly, genuinely think the 1000+ people who are perfectly happy to stand throughout should be made to sit down, just to please the handful of people who simply did not do enough research when choosing their seats?

You just invalidate your arguement by saying a few lads, this isn't 30 spotty teenagers in H Block, this is most of a stand, significant difference isnt there?

Would you now like to go and contribute to the means testing thread that this guy also started?

kip

Aug 2, 2011
I brought a ticket in WSU in the knowledge that there would be standing in the NS. I have dodgy knee from a strong tackle playing football a year back. If your in the North, Stand up and give it some your where the atmosphere has to start then the west will back you up, And if anyone has a moan up tell em to think about another ticket when it comes to renewing it:albion2:

How do you manage with all those steps?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
my seats not a total waste , I stick my hoodie and programme on it , stops it getting mucky on the floor ;)

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
First time in the north today and gotta say give me WSU anyday. Nob heads blatantly smoking in front of me at half time (I enjoy a smoke but can actually wait a whole 90 minutes for one) and as for atmosphere it was gash but that's probably something to do with the game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
First time in the north today and gotta say give me WSU anyday. Nob heads blatantly smoking in front of me at half time (I enjoy a smoke but can actually wait a whole 90 minutes for one) and as for atmosphere it was gash but that's probably something to do with the game.
Ha ha, the West Stand was f***ing abysmal, didn't hear a peep, even when prompted

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

The north was crap for most the of the second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here