Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing up in the North Stand - row p behind goal

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm in row V & have sat down for less than 10 minutes in total so far this season & I'm chuffed to bits. It's just like the old days standing & roaring on your team from behind the goal.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I'm right in the middle behind the goal, row Q, and haven't sat down in my seat at all yet this season (other than at half time), fantastic!

Feb 14, 2010
Have a terrace option and a seating stand option. Let the customer decide whether they want to sit or stand and its problem solved

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
to be fair to the opening poster he did say he's happy standing.

i`m also in row P and the problem is as it's on the edge of the standing bit we're up and down like a twating yo-yo. good exercise i guess. work off those pies.

there's some shorties behind me who probably don't appreciate a 6' guy stood in front of them for the whole game so i'll only stand if row infront are up.

cheers

cockjugglingthunderrunt

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well, they are f***ing IDIOTS for buying seats in the Northstand that far back then expecting to sit arnt they? Get them the f*** out of that stand, plenty of room for JCLs in the east.

Exactly this. Nothing wrong with the tone of the reply either.

Everyone was told at the presentation what the North stand was going to be like. If you've chosen seats in that area and are going to moan about people standing, I'd go as far to say you're a SELFISH C**T who has no thought for how other people would like to watch the game.

sammy g

Before the Palace game we were given those sheet's asking those constantly standing to sit. I am all for standing in the North Stand and like others on here get a bit annoyed when people moan, as the man behind me at the Palace game constantly did, making the evening even worse.

I worry a bit if the constant standing continues to spread the club may feel they have act and the rows that are unofficially allowed to stand at the moment may lose that privilege.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
There's a middle aged man that persistently tries to stand at the back of the WSU. When the stewards tell him to sit down he throws a very amusing hissy fit, petulantly stamping his feet and waving his arms in the air; so much so that some of the youngster near to him also stand up just to highlight his misdemeanours to the stewards!:clap:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The sales pitch for season tickets said that they would allow standing in the back four rows.
So if the back 5 rows are standing, stewards will be coming over to ask 1 row to sit down. Bizarre.

I can understand if someone if in the middle of the north and wants to sit down sometimes. Perhaps there can be a seat swap scheme, if you're sitting in front of people who don't want you standing, swap seats with them (I'm not joking).

Well, they are f***ing IDIOTS for buying seats in the Northstand that far back then expecting to sit arnt they? Get them the f*** out of that stand, plenty of room for JCLs in the east.

yer man above has highlighted the spirit of the North Stand and long may it continue, I'm a family man these days so I stay seated in the FS, we've got a worse case scenario in there a few rows in front, a fuckin 'Jack in the box' If he stood for the whole match, fine, I dont care, i'd just lean a bit, but jumping up everytime we string a pass together, cheese n fuckin buscuits!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As soon as they said they were going to tolerate standing in the back 4 rows, anyone with half an ounce of common sense would realise this was going to creep right down the stand. Why on earth would anyone have bought in the North Stand if they have a problem with standing at a match!?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'm in row Z and I honestly haven't sat down once yet during game time. I kind of leaned during the end of the Palace game.

Love it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's possible that people chose the north stand because it is the cheapest seats in the Amex. They were told that the back rows would be able to stand and therefore chose seats/positions nearer the front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here