Stand or Fall - the north stand banner - please vote

Please vote for your favourite banner

• STAND OR FALL

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (with seagull)

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea)

Votes: 93 15.4%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea - with seagulls)

Votes: 378 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackcap

Nov 6, 2011
Shoreham by Sea
Agree that if it's No 4 then the seagulls should be flying inwards rather than outwards, that would look better. Personally I prefer the simplicity of No 1. Don't get hung up on making it make sense for away fans, I doubt a single one of them will give the slightest shit.

As someone said earlier I also think it would be great if everyone sang this line instead of singing about winning cups during league games but I guess that would be difficult to change.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
OK, now I'm really going to overcomplicate things. Why not double the length of the banner so it reads "WE STAND OR FALL FOR SUSSEX BY THE SEA"?

Lots of clubs have banners even longer than that. I think.

This is exactly what I thought, too.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Great idea, they'll all do the job for me. Does does anyone know what happened to the flag we took to the Millenium for the play off final, I know it has the old badge on it but shouldn't it get an airing at our new home to see it passed around the north stand would look awesome no matter what part of the ground your in.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No. 2 for me, but TBH they all look excellent. Anything that adds colourto the stadium is fine by me.

Well done to those involved.

BTW who is paying for it?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Few weeks back when we first discussed the actually designs 4 was the way I was going to go. I've changed my mind I voted 1. I just feel it is clean, crisp, simple and nice.

The SBTS wont be able to be read from far and 4 has alot going on and looks very official, My biggest thing about this is that it is by the fans for the fans.

And a public Thank you to Bozza for his offer to cover any short fall he has been very helpful as has Mr Hebbard, so perhaps you could all lay off him a little he is a nice guy who seems to get alot of undue stick.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Great idea, they'll all do the job for me. Does does anyone know what happened to the flag we took to the Millenium for the play off final, I know it has the old badge on it but shouldn't it get an airing at our new home to see it passed around the north stand would look awesome no matter what part of the ground your in.

As Basil Fawlty once said "Don't mention the ......."

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A simplified number 4 for me - one seagull only and no castellated effect along the top. I think you need to say for Sussex by the Sea to give context to the main headline. Brilliant though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Sadly it became neglected, little interest was shown in organising it, and it ended up being left outside at Withdean for some time. There were contractors working on site, we assume it got in their way and they skipped it. The club didn't give us anywhere particularly convenient to store it and it was like drawing teeth getting enough people to help with it. Mil Stad was a case in point, we ended up collaring some kids to help us march it to the coaches after the original 'helpers' disappeared after the game. If there is to be a flag at the Amex, then it has to be the club who organise it, the ball boys that distribute it to the stand pre-match and also then to take it away, fold it and and store it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh, and loads of people complained about it whenever it went overhead regarding not being able to see, spilling their soup, messing up thier hair, knocking their bobble hat sideways, I dunno, but I can assure you, it was often thankless trying to sort that thing out.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Number 1 is nice and simple, but the words look slightly off-centre.
Number 2 looks uneven with the seagull only on 1 side, but good work.
Number 3 would be fantastic, but the lines on either side aren't symmetrical?
Number 4 looks too busy in my opinion, but could work.

Just did some maths and worked out that the FOR SUSSEX BY THE SEA words will be about 20-21cm tall, I think they will be legible (but pretty small) from the away end, but should be fine for all us Albion lot.

Edit: Just re-read that and I seem really critical. Just offering some constructive criticism. Great work though.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
In my opinion a banner is supposed to be read by it's audience (in this case the fans inside the amex) so a 1.8m high banner will only be read by 50% of the target audience.
I don't know the limitations of the area but if it's possible the height should be at least 3m to have any affect in a large stadium and "sussex by the sea" would only be seen by about 10%. I voted for no.1

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I voted 4. However I agree with the general sentiment that the bigger the better has to be followed. I am sure we could raise enough money to get a bigger one if that is the issue?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Do others agree that actually we should be able to raise enough to get a faaaaaarrr bigger banner that stretches across that entire empty section?

Could someone knock up an image of that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here