Stand or Fall - the north stand banner - please vote

Please vote for your favourite banner

• STAND OR FALL

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (with seagull)

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea)

Votes: 93 15.4%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea - with seagulls)

Votes: 378 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Number 1 Keep it simple, we know what it means, our players will know what it means once those who don't are told, who cares if the away fans don't know.

The Sussex by the Sea bit will be too small, one seagull is the wrong way round in 4 as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I also agree re: the distressed font: it could come out well, but there's an equal chance it will come out looking cheap and tatty/tacky. Go for a strong, bold, solid font.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I prefer the third one, without the seagulls. The seagulls make it seem like it's an official club thing, not a banner made by the fans, especially if it's going to be 'permanent'. Love the distressed font - should look brilliant (again, don't want to make it too bland or official looking - which is why I am against the plain bold font).

Whatever the design, should look fantastic.

Was thinking before how good the North would look with banners stretching all the way across the back. With this one in place, presumably the rest can be filled with the existing 'ultras' banners. Will look amazing!

And what about the one with the picture of Mullers (as in my avatar) - that some people were thinking of making up - that would be good as well... if anyone knows how to make these...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Number 4.

It needs the small font 'Sussex by the Sea" line, to put the important bit into context. Obviously WE understand the significance of the quote, but with the extra line, it makes sense to all.

Great work, btw.

A point very well made, hans, but for me that's the reason not to have it say anything other than 'Stand or Fall' - it's for us, and everybody else can do one if they don't understand it.

Looking at the votes, though, I'm clearly in a very small minority who think that way. Either way, it's a splendid idea.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I don't think it even needs the "for" prior to Sussex by the Sea. We all know what it means, and however you write it, it will mean nothing to away fans. But then again do any of us know or care what Audere Est Facere means, if we saw it on a banner at a particular Premier League club? Not really.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Number 4 for me but quite like the sound of these suggestions too :)

OK, now I'm really going to overcomplicate things. Why not double the length of the banner so it reads "WE STAND OR FALL FOR SUSSEX BY THE SEA"?

Lots of clubs have banners even longer than that. I think.

toss up between 3 & 4 but went for 3 as prefer the stripes both ends. As other posters have said dump the stripes above & below text, as mockup by Superphil, much easier to read plus even stripes both ends and text can be slightly taller

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
perhaps we could get a load of banners made with different lines from GOSBTS on them and fit them all around the ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here