Stand or Fall - the north stand banner - please vote

Please vote for your favourite banner

• STAND OR FALL

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (with seagull)

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea)

Votes: 93 15.4%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea - with seagulls)

Votes: 378 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I agree with this, also I noticed, at a glance, it does kind of look a bit like "STAND OR FAIL". Any possibility of a bit of jiggery with the font?

I thought the same. I think it is the stripes down the side that makes me read Stand or Fail, rather than stand or fall. So for that reason i am going no.4.

Great work though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I agree with this, also I noticed, at a glance, it does kind of look a bit like "STAND OR FAIL". Any possibility of a bit of jiggery with the font?
I agree with this observation about the word "FAIL" jumping into one's head... it is exacerbated by the short white stripes above and below the first "L" and I would get rid of these short stripes completely as it would make the banner cleaner and easier to read...

"FOR SUSSEX BY THE SEA" is vital and could be a bit bigger if the short stripes go

I'd go for number 4 without the short stripes

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I agree with this observation about the word "FAIL" jumping into one's head... it is exacerbated by the short white stripes above and below the first "L" and I would get rid of these short stripes completely as it would make the banner cleaner and easier to read...

"FOR SUSSEX BY THE SEA" is vital and could be a bit bigger if the short stripes go

I'd go for number 4 without the short stripes

Yup, I agree, I think it is the short stripes that cause it.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I must admit that the "Stand or Fall" campaign has left me a little bit cold up to now ... even though I'm a huge fan of Sussex by the Sea.

But the banners look great, and work particularly well with the extra text. Good stirring stuff, something that only belongs to us. If there is any money left over shall we make a "Glad All Over" banner and donate it to our friends up the road, so they can feel equally inspired?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Have gone for 4 as well, but agree with all of the above that the Sussex by the sea needs to be bigger if at all possible.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I went for Number 3 but it doesn't matter does it.

Great idea and well done all. I'm looking forward to being able to see it from my seat in East and knowing that I contributed :)

I would of liked a seagull on the right hand side and the stripes on the left.

Failing that either 1 or 4 for me.

Good stuff all round.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
great voted for 4, but according to my graphic designer wife the seagulls should be flying inwards and not outwards as the seagulls take you away from the text. Get it no, neiither did I told her to get back to the ironing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Untitled-1 copy (Small) (2).jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great work, and of that lot, I'd say #4 is the best.

However as has already been pointed out, the text at the bottom (SbtS) would be barely readable, so I'd prefer it was removed and the Seagull badge on the right replaced with Sussex martlets.

So: seagull - STAND OR FALL - martlets

:thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Suprised Number 4 so far ahead, don't really see the point of having Seagulls on it. I like 1 or 3 but voted for 1. :)

Keep it simple. Number 1.

Glad I'm not the only one. Got to really think of it has a banner viewed from all angles of the stadium. No.1 is definitely the most simple, and will be the most powerful in my opinion. Voted 1 for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here