Stand or Fall - the north stand banner - please vote

Please vote for your favourite banner

• STAND OR FALL

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (with seagull)

Votes: 66 10.9%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea)

Votes: 93 15.4%
  • STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea - with seagulls)

Votes: 378 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
great voted for 4, but according to my graphic designer wife the seagulls should be flying inwards and not outwards as the seagulls take you away from the text. Get it no, neiither did I told her to get back to the ironing.

I'm no graphic designer but that was my first thought that the seagulls were the wrong way round - it makes it look as though they're running away ( not that seagulls can run of course ). Number 3 for me - much cleaner without the seagulls.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Keep it simple. Number 1.

Agreed.

Also, I don't want to be an arsehole as it think it's a great idea and fair play to everyone involved for getting off your arses and making things happen but........

I don't like that font, once the style vote is in any chance of the winner with a few font choices on ???

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Like the idea. I would however not go for the "distressed" look with the typeface.

It maybe the "in" thing, I would not know, but I think it will just make the banner look tatty and worn.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't like that font, once the style vote is in any chance of the winner with a few font choices on ???

I'm going to be contrary - not for the sake of it - but to put a designer's slant on it.

One - it's a good, clear, legible font; something that can be easily read from a distance.

Two - the fact it's a slightly condensed (as opposed to, say, Avenir or Akzidenz Grotesk) means it can take up more height rather than width. That too increases legibility from a distance.

Three - there's that kind of 'urban' feel to it, as if it's a painted font, rather than printed. That too works well.

Of course, there are other choices which will fill that remit, but I'd say, from my experience, that they've chosen a decent one.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

toss up between 3 & 4 but went for 3 as prefer the stripes both ends. As other posters have said dump the stripes above & below text, as mockup by Superphil, much easier to read plus even stripes both ends and text can be slightly taller

I'd have gone for lower case lettering - it's clearer when read from a distance. And maybe we stand or fall as the text - which would make the whole thing less of an instruction and more of an inclusive statement of solidarity.

But good work!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Can't wait to see this hanging behind me! Great work!

Personally I voted for STAND OR FALL (Sussex by the sea) as I think it'll look better for longer. The seagulls can date it a bit.

Amazing work!

Me too. I don't like that the Seagulls are flying away from it - and one now looks backwards, now we've changed the direction on the logo. Both flying the same way would be better. IMO like.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is a serious message. When people expected to Stand or Fall. It is partly a mark of respect for those men. Why include seagulls ?

And who cares if others deliberately misread it. We know what it means.

It is 3 people.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'd have gone for lower case lettering - it's clearer when read from a distance. And maybe we stand or fall as the text - which would make the whole thing less of an instruction and more of an inclusive statement of solidarity.

But good work!

This of course is correct, from a maximum legibility point of view, and would satisfy those with visual impairments, and general DDA (or whatever it's called now) requirements.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Number four (seems to be a clear winner) in position...

Falmer_Stadium_-_north_stand (1).jpg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
That looks superb, but would it look better, slightly central?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
OK, now I'm really going to overcomplicate things. Why not double the length of the banner so it reads "WE STAND OR FALL FOR SUSSEX BY THE SEA"?

Lots of clubs have banners even longer than that. I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here